Facewear for over 50

Frassy

I was 50 once!;) Now I use Halo by Smashbox after using a primer. With Halo you dial how much you need and you can always add if you have to. Then I add a Guerlain finishing powder. I hate the feeling of anything heavy and this combination is not heavy. I don't even know I have it on.

I use a sunscreen that I purchase at my dermatologist's office, which is made specifically for the face with a 45 SPF. What I do is squeeze this onto my fingers, then add a pump of my favourite liquid foundation, mix them together then pat on my face evenly. I am getting maximum SPF coverage, plus just enough foundation mixed in to give a light, dewey coverage.

For me, this gives more coverage than a tinted foundation. I also use mineral make up (I'm using La Bella Donna at the moment and like it much better than Bare Minerals) on top if I need/want more coverage for the evening.

The tinted moisturizers work well, but try this trick for a cheaper alternative. Mix a little of your regular foundation with a little of your favorite moisturizer. I just mix them together in the palm of my hand before applying. You can use more or less moisturizer depending on how sheer you want it to be.

The tinted moisturizers work well, but try this trick for a cheaper alternative. Mix a little of your regular foundation with a little of your favorite moisturizer. I just mix them together in the palm of my hand before applying. You can use more or less moisturizer depending on how sheer you want it to be.

Yeah, not so much seeing as my foundation is $65 and my moisturizer is $70 :)

Yeah, not so much seeing as my foundation is $65 and my moisturizer is $70 :)

Still cheaper than buying yet an additional product (You'd be using the foundation and moisturizer anyway), particularly because it sounded like she wanted something just for the cruise so why buy a product and then only use a little bit of it?

Still cheaper than buying yet an additional product (You'd be using the foundation and moisturizer anyway), particularly because it sounded like she wanted something just for the cruise so why buy a product and then only use a little bit of it?

I find mixing them to be a completely different consistency and look to just using a TM though. I get a nice sun kissed glow when I use a Tinted Moisturizer rather than just a really light foundation, it almost makes me look pale when I mix them.

I use the Avon mineral foundation. I have to mix 2 colors together to match my skin - I'm not quite the lightest nor the next shade. Before Avon came out with theirs I used ME, which I also had to custom blend. It did seem better quality(smoother? finer?), but is pricier, so Avon it is.

If I'm getting really spiffed up, I'll use spot concealer where necessary before the foundation, since overkill with the mineral foundation can get shiny. (from the mica in it, I presume)

Bare Minerals makes a sunscreen which is just like the foundation, except that it comes in a little dispenser tube with a brush on the end.........you shake the powder down into the brush and brush it on your skin! It's great for touch ups when you're out in the sun and on the go, plus it takes away the shine.

I really like my mineral powder foundation. It feels very light, but gives a lot of coverage. The other thing I would try would be a tinted moisturizer, but the coverage would be rather light. You could try mixing your regular foundation with your moisturizer to get a similar effect. I've done that for very dry days in the winter. I don't know if that would work for your situation.

Clinique has some really good shear/light coverage SPF foundations. Look at Almost Makeup SPF 15. It comes in a bunch of shades.

I am 69 and Cliniques Almost makeup works for me on the cruise. I don't really get to excited about wearing a foundation during the day, I'd rather let my skin breath and wear a good sunscreen. Cousre now with the recent repot out that sunscreens cause cancer I don't know if I'll be spending much on sunscreen. HMMM

Archived