How do the smaller silver sea ships handle rough seas?

steve4031

I have only been on a few carnival cruises, so I don't have a basis for comparing the size of the silver sea ships with carnival's ships. I see capacity as roughly 300 or so on silversea ships so I'm thinking they are quite a bit smaller.

I'm intriguiged with silver sea and might want to try it someday.

Here's a post from "asus" back in August that specifically talks about CLoud one of SS smallest ships.

#8 August 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM

asus

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jun 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are also on the London to Montreal cruise and are keeping an eye the weather patterns.

We experienced extremely rough weather on the Silver Cloud during a voyage from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso and thought that the ship handled the conditions quite well.Next trip in February will be Capetown to Las Palmas on the Silver Wind and from memory that part of the world can experience very rough seas.Well I guess that if we were to worry about weather conditions then the pleasures of cruising would be lost.

See you on board

Ron and Janet.

Hope that helps.

If the Silver Cloud can do well for around the southern horns of South America and South Africa, both very challenging, then it should do well for along the Norway Coast in July. Am I assuming correctly?

THANKS for the post and updates! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If the Silver Cloud can do well for around the southern horns of South America and South Africa, both very challenging, then it should do well for along the Norway Coast in July. Am I assuming correctly?

THANKS for the post and updates! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

The North Sea is the only challenging body of water in that area that I know of.

Thanks for the info. I know I have not experienced rough seas on any of my other cruise on larger ships. If the silversea ships are handling the roughest waters with no problem, then they will be fine.

I suspect the people on the other boards like to over dramatize the rough weather, taking joy in the fact they were not sea sick while the rest of the passengers were staying in their cabins because they were sick.

I can tell Silversea runs a class operation, and if I ever get a chance to go on one, I will definitely enjoy it.

Archived