Crown Princess Cabins

lindy sails

I'm a solo travelor and seeking cabin advicee. I can get an obstructivIe view for the price of an inside cabin. Has anyone been in these cabins & would you reommend one. I'm also considering a partial obstructive view on the Lido deck???? Or an inside near the Terrace Pool. Since its been several years sine I've been on Princess with my husband I would appreciate any direction or cabin numbers you would recommend. Also would you consider a guarantee or get a cabin number with a guarantee. Thank You!

Linda

Hi There,

I checked out some cabins for fellow cruisers what I found was obstructed view had a giant white box in front of the window you could see nothing apart from a view of the sky,

the part obstructed was part covered by another white box this time you could see out but only at an angle and could not look down so if in port you would see hills but not dock side.

At that time i did not see reason to pay more for these cabins than an inside,

what I liked about the inside was in day time you could go for a sleep as it was nice and dark.

yours shogun

We are thrifty with our cabin choices, as we prefer to economize on cabins and cruise more...sometimes we do inside, sometimes outside, depending on price differential....I did an obstructed outside on the Crown in March, and was very pleased. I think I was in E629-only a very slight obstruction. A very nice cabin. Very quiet deck...good choice!

We were in E319 on the Crown Princess and E217 on the Emerald Princess. Both cabins had views partially blocked by lifeboats. We could see water and land at certain angles when standing at the window.

My DH likes the natural light coming into the cabin during the day.

We liked the convenience of the forward cabins on the Emerald Deck. Being up one deck from the promenade makes it easy to go outside if we ever happen to see something interesting--like when we're getting close to coming into a port. I also try to do a lot of walking on th promenade--staying out of the sun from mid-morning until late afternoon.

I booked us Cat. G guarantees for both cruises because specific cabins were not available. We could have ended up in one of those cabins, which are closer to the front of the ship. I don't mind the motion from being so close to the front.

An obstructed view can be very obstructed or only partially obnstructed.

With the price of an onstructed being the same as the price of an inside, I would say go for the obstructed.

If you look at the Princess ship digram on the Princess web site, you will find it is very arrcurate as to the positioning of the tenders vs. cabin numbers. Thus you can tell which cabin numbers are likely to not be fully obstructed.

If you see an available cabin you think is good, book the specific cabin. Otherwise, book a GTY. Always the possibility the GTY may end up in an upgrade to unobstructed oceanview.

Hi There,

I checked out some cabins for fellow cruisers what I found was obstructed view had a giant white box in front of the window you could see nothing apart from a view of the sky,

the part obstructed was part covered by another white box this time you could see out but only at an angle and could not look down so if in port you would see hills but not dock side.

At that time i did not see reason to pay more for these cabins than an inside,

what I liked about the inside was in day time you could go for a sleep as it was nice and dark.

yours shogun

Not every obstructed view cabin has a giant white box in front of it. And what's nice is the location of the box is pretty clearly shown on the deck plans now, if you look carefully.

OP, definitely go with an obstructed view, they're a great deal. As others have said, it's pretty easy to pick one that has a good view. On the Crown, I'd try for E628-E702 as being well-located and nearly completely unobstructed (they're Category F). I don't like to do guarantees in obstructed view categories unless I have to since there's always a chance of ending up behind one of the big tenders (or the white box) which will completely obstruct the view.

There's a long thread here on the Princess board that includes photos from a lot of obstructed view cabins. Once you see an available cabin that looks good, do a search for that cabin number and that thread might pop up where you might find an actual picture of the view. Remember the Crown, Ruby, and Emerald are identical, so a photo from a given cabin on one will be the same view on all.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

As others have said, check out the deck diagram and you'll get a decent idea of how obstructed the view from a specific cabin will be. Here's the view from E506 on the Crown - half-obstructed, but I just chose to look at it as Cinerama rather than IMAX.

E506.jpg.87d8f451d3a16632b91d4c1aa07c05b9.jpg

I too prefer to sail more often with most often an inside. My preference is one deck below the terrace pool either Riveria or Aloha depending on the ship in the 700 block of rooms. I have booked an obstructed for August and we actually have E506 on the Emerald so thank you for posting a picture of E506 (we booked this as a guarantee so it could still change). This will be our first time on a lower deck where I will probably go down one flight to the promenade to enjoy our balcony. We actually found the aft Riveria rooms by being placed there after booking a guarantee. We enjoy the Terrace pool and close proximity to the Lido deck for eating outside. I enjoy napping and the inside room is great for this but it is always fun to try new things so the obstructed will mix it up a bit. The rooms on Lido deck seem to hae alot of hall traffic but I have never stayed there for a cruise. Enjoy your cruise!!! Joyce

Thanks everyone for your terrific emails and great information on obstructive view cabins. I changed my booking to cabin to E707. There are no life boats in front of this cabin and the cabin next to mine is an

ocean view. Please let me know if anyone has stayed in this cabin.

Linda

Here is a picture of the port side. It looks like you will have a big white box directly in front of your window. This picture is from the Emerald but Crown is the same layout.

staterooms_125_cw100_ch100_thumb.jpg.79b827aa242f28f1663ab435c0242d5b.jpg

Thanks for sending is that photo cabin 707 or 521?

I hope you will respond.

That's 707.

521 is just aft of one of the tenders, so it would have a better view than 707. I'd switch if 521 is still available.

There's actually a thread floating around that has picture's of the views on alot of the different obstructed princess cabins. Last time I saw it on the first page was a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure if you go back a few pages you'll find it. It's a very informative thread on obstructed view cabins.

Srpilo

Archived