Should I Worry About Rhapsody?

Lately I have been seeing a lot of negative posts about the Rhapsody. I am not new to the Rhapsody; as a matter of fact I have enough cruise credits on her alone to almost be Diamond. My concern is if something is really happening. Let's face it, she is no sponge chicken, but RCI has done a pretty good job of keeping her in great shape for all these years.

So are the comments about smells or the exterior unfounded. Are there other problems also that are surfacing or are we looking at minor items that people have blown out of proportion?

What's a "sponge chicken" ?:D Just teasing, it does sound funny though. I know pcur spent 30 or so days on Rhapsody last year. They enjoyed it enough to have booked again. :D:)

What's a "sponge chicken" ?:D Just teasing, it does sound funny though. I know pcur spent 30 or so days on Rhapsody last year. They enjoyed it enough to have booked again. :D:)

Actually, Aloha of the Seas was on board with us the whole time! Murf, remember in the centrum on some days right behind the elevators they would have a pump going, and it would smell rotten-eggy for several hours? That's what I think is being referred to lately. It was not pleasant, but it only affected us if we were in the centrum on the lower decks. I have no idea why a recent poster would have the smell on their balcony except they must have been over some area of the ship where this was being done.

There's another thread started by another recent Rhapsody passenger who had a GREAT time.

I remember there have been lots of inquiries before our cruises last year, too, and we had a great time, didn't we?

I'm not personally worried about it. I have been on many cruises with the plumbing problem thing going on. It happens, but it's usually temporary.

Looking forward to seeing you in September.

We were on the Rhapsody for a B2B for 19 days last year (Seattle - Alaska - Vancouver - Hawaii) and had a terrific time. So this year we're taking her from Honolulu to Sydney! :)

We really liked both the ship and her crew and never noticed any unusual smells at all on our balcony or anywhere else for that matter.

DW and i disembarked in seattle on friday after a seven nite alaska...wonderful cruise...crew very friendly, helpful, and seemed happy...ship very clean and repairs ongoing (new tile being set in solarium, new carpet around the outdoor pool, and painting and varnishing).

captain stein obviously loves this ship and attitude seems to filter down...the chef is excellent at combining spices, with several of our favorite dishes and menus better than ever...and it shows in the windjammer, also.

carly b. is a very entertaining and funny CD and her staff was fine (with a very funny vaudville routine in the farewell show).

we did "notice a few odors" (including some pungent BO lingering in the elevator one afternoon), but that happens on every ship.

and we had several days of smooth as glass seas on the return route...unlke the sailing the week before that endured 25 foot seas on the last day (you never know what you're gonna git in the north pacific!).

after sailing a total of 35 days on the vision of the seas, it felt like home after boarding the rhapsody, as she is identical to the vision.

would love to sail the rhapsody again...soon!!

Lately I have been seeing a lot of negative posts about the Rhapsody. I am not new to the Rhapsody; as a matter of fact I have enough cruise credits on her alone to almost be Diamond. My concern is if something is really happening. Let's face it, she is no sponge chicken, but RCI has done a pretty good job of keeping her in great shape for all these years.

So are the comments about smells or the exterior unfounded. Are there other problems also that are surfacing or are we looking at minor items that people have blown out of proportion?

We just did the Sydney to Honolulu, LOVED everything about our time aboard, couple of wiffy moments, walk away...easy fixed! Hated to get off, cant wait to go again !

havent been on Rhapsody in a while so cant say for sure...but I keep hearing smel thios and smell that about different ships and we worry about it leading up to our cruises but then we get there and there's no problem...its like the plumbing thing on Radiance...thats all we heard about was wide spread issues then we got on her a couple months ago and had no issues at all

We just got off the Rhapsody Thursday, I started above article about being pleased with her just to calm peoples fears. The crew was amazing, the ship did show some minor signs of wear but nothing major. When we were onboard they replaced the turf around the pool and were busy repainting and recarpeting several other areas. She is a beautiful ship for her age.

We spent 14 wonderful days on her in February. Yes, she's a little beat up in places, but overall is in great shape. I never noticed any icky smells other than smoke. And her crew is amazing - the best we've had on any RCI ship. We've booked her from Honolulu to Vancouver for next year.

And who cares what the exterior looks like? You'll be onboard her, after all, not looking from the outside except when you're in port...;)

Just got off the Rhapsody yesterday. The only smell I noticed was around deck 5 on the starboard side. Since that side was the smoker's side, I wasn't out there much. Deck 5 port side and on top decks was fine. Crew were fine and shows were good.

Julie

Archived