Can you top this?

BosoxI

Ok I forget which board I read this on, but a man with false teeth took out the teeth after eating dinner and licked them clean, right there at the table in front of everyone! :eek: That has to be the grossest thing I have ever read about on these boards.

OK, you win;) This absolutely tops my balcony episode.

I found my entertainment for the night! Thanks. If I had a camera, I could come up with another 100 pages!

I went back through some of it this afternoon. Funny, funny...Shame on me...:rolleyes:

Thank you Toto & Tracie.

Lots of good ideas for suitable outfits for formal nights in MDR!

Sounds like you had at least one of those Walmart people onboard you cruise! (referring to the 'people of walmart' picture emails I receive on a regular basis) ;)

My son thinks that is the funniest website ever! Thanks for the giggle!

That's really disgusting but imagine if he had spit over the railing and the wind carried it onto another balcony and possibly on someone! :eek:

I did witness a man spitting over the railing on the Lido deck at sailaway. He looked at me, and must have seen the look of horror on my face because he said, "Oops, I guess I shouldn't have done that." I told him he shouldn't have - there are balconies down below! Fortunately, I didn't see him again.

chewing tobacco?

My first thought was he did not want the wind to carry his spit in your direction. I'm also thinking chewing tobacco.

Chewing tobacco is no excuse for being an idiot. My neighbor chews tobacco and is never far from his container used for refuse. And he chews only on his own property.

can't believe that behavior on a princess ship, carnival yes, not princess.:rolleyes:

boo not nice :( :( :(

carnival is nice too are you a snob???have you been on carnival???i have it is just fine!!!!

Can't believe that behavior on a Princess ship, Carnival yes, not Princess.:rolleyes:

Princess is a mass market cruiseline. You get all kinds just like on Carnival. Not sure if I'd rather be next door to the spitter or the snob.

Ok I forget which board I read this on, but a man with false teeth took out the teeth after eating dinner and licked them clean, right there at the table in front of everyone! :eek: That has to be the grossest thing I have ever read about on these boards.

My first thought was to say, you've got to be kidding me. But realizing how some people are, I wouldn/t be surprised at seeing this.....:(

Bob

Can't believe that behavior on a Princess ship, Carnival yes, not Princess.:rolleyes:

:confused: Why would you say that? I've been on Carnival (and Celebrity and HAL) and I've never seen that type of behavior. I also assume this is not the norm on Princess, or at least I hope not, as we we're about to book our first Princess cruise. People are people everywhere, no matter what ship they are on, or what store. You get the good ones and the rude ones.

Some balconys have a drain in the floor near the partition that gathers up any water from several balconies around it. Perhaps he was aiming at that instead of over the side with it's potentially catastrophic results?

it's called SWALLOW!

if you have excess spit, just swallow the danged thing! I've never understood spitting. Although i have done it once in a while when i'm outside and accidently inhale a flying bug like a mosquito or gnat. In that case, the last thing i want to do is swallow.

But seriously, if you're talking to someone, hawking up a loogie and spitting it anywhere is just so terribly gnarly. Swallow it. Gross yes, but only you have to deal with it then.

Chewing tobacco is no excuse for being an idiot. My neighbor chews tobacco and is never far from his container used for refuse. And he chews only on his own property.

I don't think we were excusing the behavior, just trying to understand his motivation. I try to find the good in people. Even idiots.

I know threads on passenger conduct tend to get tense, but my experience on the Emerald this past week is a first for me at least. I'm at my balcony railing talking to the guy in the next cabin, a fellow in his 30s, I estimate. Without warning he steps back and spits on his balcony floor then resumes our conversation. He does it twice more before I excuse myself. Now, believe me, I've worked construction jobs, I served in a combat arm with some pretty tough guys, and my good friend of 40+ years is as rough as they come. So I'm used to similar behaviour but never in my wildest dreams would I expect to see someone spitting on the balcony floor.

Yes. I can top this although not on a cruise ship. Last week I stopped for lunch at a local eatery that has a very nice outdoor area. Nice day, I'm a smoker, that's where I go and I'm the only one there. Have a nice lunch and at the end of it two young men (and I use the term loosely) come to the patio. For the most part ok, not too loud, etc., until one of them just spits on the ground. This isn't just any outdoor area. It is enclosed, no doubt it is for dining, has a bar area and the ground is not grass. The only difference between the inside area & outside, is the outside allows smoking. He did this several more times. I was appalled. They had ordered food so I can only assume he had no problem eating among his own spit.

Archived