June 1st announcement

Just wondering where you get all your information because I'm really not buying it.

You can add me to your list of dumb, cheap and low class. And, I'm probably one of the happiest people you will ever meet, just need to wipe the s&*t off my shoes.

LOL............yep, I'd like to know where he gets his information from too!! And yep, you are one of the happiest people I know! LOL And no, you are not dumb, cheap or low class!!! So don't ever let anyone make you feel that you are!!

LOL............yep, I'd like to know where he gets his information from too!! And yep, you are one of the happiest people I know! LOL And no, you are not dumb, cheap or low class!!! So don't ever let anyone make you feel that you are!!

I wouldn't worry about it............the guy has only been around a few days.

Just ignore it.

and I guess it would be wishful thinking to try and get the OBC for a 14 day I have booked in October of 2011............I know the answer:)

Yes you can: this month.

Here's an example: I have a 13 night cruise booked for after 5/1/11. It's a good price already with us using our D+ balcony discount.

Now, if I cancel and rebook, I'll get an INCREASED balcony discount for booking more than 6 months in advance.

I will also get an obc by booking during June 2010.

So, now I will have the same cruise, should have same or similar cabin, and now I have an extra $50 more discount on the balcony, and I have an obc.

I will watch my prices until final payment time to catch any price drops, because I can still get those up until final payment.

By the way I am a veteran price watcher and have noticed that RCCL is now doing what Celebrity has done for years: they start with a lower price way out from the cruise date; say 1 year or more in advance. Then, they might lower it, but they always increase it (at least for my cruises they have), and then lower it again within the 60 days before the cruise. However, the NEW PRICE IS USUALLY MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE!! Sometimes a price drop isn't one at all. Depends on what you're comparing to.

Doesn't help us, we have 3 booked on board cruises for Sept. 2011:( Sure be nice if we could add the shareholder then......

Cancel and rebook. You can do that this month and get the obc.

Not quite:

after this month you will get the INCREASED BALCONY discount if you book 6 months out from home or a ta, NOT the obc. After this month you will only get the obc from booking on board ship OR if they have another random special at some time.

BUT, if you book on board after this month, AND book more than six months out, you will get BOTH the obc and the increased balcony discount.

Ok so if I continue to read this and respond while at work , in six months I will have drank so much I won't care about it. BUT..if I respond from home I can still drink but not as much...BUT...if I do all this onboard it will result in a massive hangover. Got it. Thanks again.

I'm still confused about the Diamond benefits. I understand the perks for the new coupon book. But it looks like they added 25%off for liq. drinks in the diamond lounge. Before on the Freedom class ships and Oasis you received cocktail drinks free. Now it sounds like champagne/wine and 25 off for mixed drinks is back. Please verify this.:(

There is still a Diamond Lounge on all Freedom and Oasis class ships only. On the other ships there is what they call "A Diamond Event" which is just wine/champagne and 25% off beer/drinks - not even snacks except for a few nights there was peanuts but then they ran out of them too. For some that cruised the smaller ships, this was an enhancement because they never had this before but for those of us that cruised Voyager class ships, it was a big take away. Now we will be split up from our friends when we cruise together. There really was no reason they had to change it on the Voyager class ships. The CL overflow lounge was never crowded when we were in there so that's just a RCCL excuse.

Yes you can: this month.

Here's an example: I have a 13 night cruise booked for after 5/1/11. It's a good price already with us using our D+ balcony discount.

Now, if I cancel and rebook, I'll get an INCREASED balcony discount for booking more than 6 months in advance.

I will also get an obc by booking during June 2010.

So, now I will have the same cruise, should have same or similar cabin, and now I have an extra $50 more discount on the balcony, and I have an obc.

I will watch my prices until final payment time to catch any price drops, because I can still get those up until final payment.

By the way I am a veteran price watcher and have noticed that RCCL is now doing what Celebrity has done for years: they start with a lower price way out from the cruise date; say 1 year or more in advance. Then, they might lower it, but they always increase it (at least for my cruises they have), and then lower it again within the 60 days before the cruise. However, the NEW PRICE IS USUALLY MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE!! Sometimes a price drop isn't one at all. Depends on what you're comparing to.

Thanks Peggy............we will certainly consider that option.........I like our cabin selection though...........but we will discuss tonight and may give them a call.........

Thanks again.

Not quite:

after this month you will get the INCREASED BALCONY discount if you book 6 months out from home or a ta, NOT the obc. After this month you will only get the obc from booking on board ship OR if they have another random special at some time.

BUT, if you book on board after this month, AND book more than six months out, you will get BOTH the obc and the increased balcony discount.

I reread my post I think I ment increased balcony. Ok time for a cocktail .Thanks again

I have been unable to log on to the C & A page for about 3 hours. I wanted to see what special offers they added. (AG's email indicated there were now over 100 sailings). There is no way to even log in. Hope they are just having technical difficulties & not changing the rules again! ("WHY NOT play a belated April Fool's joke on the poor suckers?"

Not going to happen. Those ships are sailing full at the prices they are charging now. What will happen, is a better class of cruiser that spends more money will start to cruise again. Believe it or not, there are people holding back because RCI is just too cheap because of the clientele that a lower price attracts.

OK, I'm going to pull out my "I've been doing this longer than you card" and tell you your statements above are a bunch of horse pucky. If you have been with Royal Caribbean before 1973, then maybe I'm wrong, but I have NOT noticed any changes in price affecting the "class" of clientele on RCCL cruises.

I had people rude on elevators and in the buffett line back then, too.

I've been on quite a few cruises with RCCL since 2007, so I'm pretty sure I still have a good idea about the kind of people who cruise.

Your statements don't offend me personally, but they are just plain untrue.

Just wondering where you get all your information because I'm really not buying it.

You can add me to your list of dumb, cheap and low class. And, I'm probably one of the happiest people you will ever meet, just need to wipe the s&*t off my shoes.

Yep, I've sailed with Mimi and she is happy. :D But really, that is just mum dirt on her shoes.

Not going to happen. Those ships are sailing full at the prices they are charging now. What will happen, is a better class of cruiser that spends more money will start to cruise again. Believe it or not, there are people holding back because RCI is just too cheap because of the clientele that a lower price attracts.

Seriously---you are kidding right???? "A better class of cruiser that spends more money" Who are you people???????:eek:

This is the way it has been at "diamond events" on ships with no dedicated diamond lounge as there is on Freedom and Oasis class. It remains the same.

Gina

Thanks Gina for the quick response. We're leaving June 26. Can't wait. This will be our 22 cruise on RC and I also never received this crystal ship I keep hearing about. Is it a pin or a fancy paper weight?

As I was perusing the Diamond Plus Benefits, I noticed that it appears that someone at RCL can't add. If you look at the Diamond Plus ON BOARD BOOKING + CERTIFICATE FOR A 3-5 NIGHT SAILING, the On Board Credit is $25, the Savings Certificate is $25, for a total of $60?:confused:

I don't know if this was answered yet since I'm still reading this afternoon posts.:eek:

I noticed the same thing earlier today. If you look at the coupons, they actually say $35 in the 3 cases where there is a discrepancy. So, the totals are correct.

This guy can't really be serious. Two issues with his philosophy.

Number 1 - I highly doubt RCI would lower the prices if they did not have to. If the higher class you so covet were actually booking the rooms, there would be no price drop. To make you feel better, the higher class is probably the group waiting for the last minute price drop because they know the routine.

Number 2 - Just read these message boards. It is not the young, gold member, taxpaying, wealthy guys like me on here whining about not being able to nickel and dime the cruise line; it is the D+ suite guests that are. So how much money do you really think these guys are spending on board? When I do an excursion it is for me, wife and kids. If it isn't free, half of these suite D+ folks wouldn't even do it.

But CoachT, that profound thought above that an empty state room makes more money than an occupied state room is proof that you are much more intelligent than I. If only....

But how long will he stay?:rolleyes:

Well if he is only posting to himself.........I wouldn't think long:rolleyes: I would like to know if said poster has ever been on a RC ship........but I don't think we'll ever know.

Well if he is only posting to himself.........I wouldn't think long:rolleyes: I would like to know if said poster has ever been on a RC ship........but I don't think we'll ever know.

Whether or not he has sailed with RCI, he certainly has a different take on the type of people that you find aboard than I do. And I hope RCI never finds itself sailing half empty ships with the kind of people that this guy is envisioning.

I was also told this same thing on Freedom. Then for lack of any other way to put it, I took a real screwing on it when I went to add my husband. They denied me my price no matter what I tried when I went to add my husband....apparently they get away with raising it by charging a whole new set of taxes....for both people. Taxes you never see added onto the real base price you never see. I had my per person price in writing...but they said when I added the second person that I would have to pay the current price, unlike what the LA told me.

It ended up being 800 something a person instead of the original 700 something. Then eventually the price went down so that for only $10 more than my original price I could get a slightly better cabin. I was happy again. Then they decided to move Mariner of the Seas away from San Diego on January 16....guess what? That was the cruise. So it didn't matter in the end.

Point being....I will NEVER book only one person again and expect them to honor that price. I'd rather pay the full deposit and lock in the price in writing for both people.

Gina

I'm sorry this happened to you, Gina. It did work for us later when we transferred the booking and added my husband. I think you are correct, though,and if there's a chance they may not honor the same price, then pay the extra $100 for the second person. In my case I was booking several cruises, so it was saving me several hundred dollars.

Whether or not he has sailed with RCI, he certainly has a different take on the type of people that you find aboard than I do. And I hope RCI never finds itself sailing half empty ships with the kind of people that this guy is envisioning.

Yea...........not sure what to think.........just go sail Silverseas......there are solutions. I agree I have never met in 17 RC cruises a single person I didn't like.........well ok there was one:rolleyes:.

Gordon told me once and I agree with him that RC changed it's marketing when the Voyager class ships came out. I just didn't see it coming. That is where it started........then came Freedom, then Oasis........they have ships to fill and had to expand their base from the traditional cruiser. While I personally am not in to Flowriders and Ice Rinks........I do understand the need to expand your base and FILL YOUR SHIPS.........to me it isn't about a certain "class" of people, but competing for family vacation money with Disney world and all inclusives. Their debt load is just too large right now to have 20 ships or however many they have now sailing around with even 15% empty cabins.

I would prefer to see the company name changed to Redneck Caribbean International.... Then all of us hoi polloi can have our keg parties on the pool deck, listen to country music and watch CoachT sit in the corner in a fetal position crying about price points.

Yea...........not sure what to think.........just go sail Silverseas......there are solutions. I agree I have never met in 17 RC cruises a single person I didn't like.........well ok there was one:rolleyes:.

Gordon told me once and I agree with him that RC changed it's marketing when the Voyager class ships came out. I just didn't see it coming. That is where it started........then came Freedom, then Oasis........they have ships to fill and had to expand their base from the traditional cruiser. While I personally am not in to Flowriders and Ice Rinks........I do understand the need to expand your base and FILL YOUR SHIPS.........to me it isn't about a certain "class" of people, but competing for family vacation money with Disney world and all inclusives. Their debt load is just too large right now to have 20 ships or however many they have now sailing around with even 15% empty cabins.

That hits the nail right on the head. It is not about class, it is about diversity. When ships had less to offer perhaps they attracted what has, maybe, come to be known as a "traditional" type cruiser. Without a lot of options cruising probably appealled to a certain type of person and produced a somewhat homogenious group aboard the ships. Now ships have so many ammenties and features that there is far more of "something for everyone" and the atmosphere is much more heterogenious. For me, that is part of the appeal of cruising. It adds to the the excitement. Maybe not everyone agrees but I look for that.

Perhaps some of the luxury lines with their smaller ships still attract the past type of cruiser. Maybe that is what some here remember from RCI beginnings when they had much smaller ships. But I don't think that type of atmosphere can ever be achieved, nor would I think it desirable, on the new mega ships.

I like RCI evolution of ships. Some of their corporate policies are another matter.:rolleyes:

Archived