June 1st announcement

just wondering where you get all your information because i'm really not buying it.

you can add me to your list of dumb, cheap and low class. And, i'm probably one of the happiest people you will ever meet, just need to wipe the s&*t off my shoes.

lol!!!

OK read through this all and was still confused so called C&A. We just turned Diamond Plus with 24 credits.

We booked in May onboard for a Feb. 2011 cruise -- $300 off balcony - no onboard credit. It is not retroactive. Now if we were to cancel and rebook -- it would be $350 off balcony and could combine something -- but what? There are no coupons for that cruise and I'm not onboard. And it would be $450 pp booking instead of $100 we paid. Any comments?

But here's what ticked me off more -- asked to be transferred to Diamond Plus Rep. It said in the e-mail that all cruisers when they reach 20 will receive a Crystal ship. Well we're at 24 and NEVER RECEIVED ONE. According to this rep. since it is a June 1 ruling -- we wouldn't be eligible to receive our crystal until WE REACH 30. She wouldn't budge. Does this seem right? Vicki:)

Yes, that sounds right to me. Otherwise I could say the same thing. I never got my 20th either and that was on a ship where they routinely handed them out for 20 - by mistake most likely.

Gina

If they are going to deliver these treats to the cabin, like cheese plates....they should deliver them earlier in the day. We leave our cabin and return to get ready for dinner and there is the wilted warm cheese! Very wasteful as it is not appealing by then......

So, not a Plus at all for us, we would rather have the caps etc.......

Some people aren't there earlier in the day either. Ideally they would ask us for a regular delivery time at the time we make our booking....just like dinner....we'd sign up for our cheese plate delivery time.

Gina

You just don't get it at all. It has nothing to do with wealth. It has everything to do with the type of people attracted by lower rates. They spend less and frankly are a lower class of passenger. Raising rates will get rid of those who cruise 4 cheap. The sooner the better.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

YUP! Or in some cases the peeps we met OUTSIDE the door to the CL! :p (hiya beachbuddy!)

we did have fun though!!!

LOL............well, I was at the OUTSIDE door because RCCL doesn't value the Diamonds anymore and took that benefit away from us..............so now we're "On the Outside Looking In". Yeah, yeah, I know that's a song! LOL

Not going to happen. Those ships are sailing full at the prices they are charging now. What will happen, is a better class of cruiser that spends more money will start to cruise again. Believe it or not, there are people holding back because RCI is just too cheap because of the clientele that a lower price attracts.

Wow............your a real charmer!! Maybe I shouldn't book at all since I wouldn't want to hold back the better class of cruiser from booking. Why do some people always have to talk in classes??? That's a little discriminating, don't ya think!!!

Personally, I think if you were calling the shots at Royal they would have been out of business long ago.

Totally agree on that!!!

I'm happy that we can combine the NC OBC with our balcony discount but I really was hoping that they would have reinstated the SH OBC benefit too or just let us pick the 2 we want to use.

Totally agree on that!!!

I'm happy that we can combine the NC OBC with our balcony discount but I really was hoping that they would have reinstated the SH OBC benefit too or just let us pick the 2 we want to use.

Everyone really needs to write and tell them this....without an attitude....calmly....no matter how we feel about it. Put feelings aside and just say it so it makes sense. Go ahead...do it. We should swamp them with our sensible reasoning. :)

Gina

Let's face it, the reality is that we aren't talking upper, middle and lower class financially. Some may be pretending to do that. When we are talking about class, let's not be confused. Real class is not measure by how much money we have or how much we spend on board. You either have it or you don't, irregardless of money.

Gina

Totally agree on that!!!

Agree, we have already booked on board or by phone, with only 1 benefit allowed and it was before the change of reduction of payment.......so don't want to cancel and rebook.

We are shareholders too, so it would be very nice if we could have that benefit back!

This new change as of today, gives us nothing more for our 6 bookings, that we didn't have yesterday except for a better coupon book.

I have the same question and cannot seem to find an answer?

Does anyone know if this is for onboard bookings only?

The special this month is called an "Onboard booking bonus", but you can book any way you want. After the end of this month you won't get the obc if you book from home or not on board the ship. If you book over 6 months in advance you get a higher balcony discount, though.

But, I was told by the LA on the Rhapsody "pick a cruise; any cruise" to get the reduced deposit and obc while on board, and then transfer the booking to what you really want later on. Also, book only one person in a cabin to save on money; the other person(s) will get the guaranteed rate for the cabin at the price you paid for the original booking on board the ship.

You don't have to make your mind up; you just have to get the booking and deposit in the system.

I'm still confused about the Diamond benefits. I understand the perks for the new coupon book. But it looks like they added 25%off for liq. drinks in the diamond lounge. Before on the Freedom class ships and Oasis you received cocktail drinks free. Now it sounds like champagne/wine and 25 off for mixed drinks is back. Please verify this.:(

I'm still confused about the Diamond benefits. I understand the perks for the new coupon book. But it looks like they added 25%off for liq. drinks in the diamond lounge. Before on the Freedom class ships and Oasis you received cocktail drinks free. Now it sounds like champagne/wine and 25 off for mixed drinks is back. Please verify this.:(

This is the way it has been at "diamond events" on ships with no dedicated diamond lounge as there is on Freedom and Oasis class. It remains the same.

Gina

The special this month is called an "Onboard booking bonus", but you can book any way you want. After the end of this month you won't get the obc if you book from home or not on board the ship. If you book over 6 months in advance you get a higher balcony discount, though.

But, I was told by the LA on the Rhapsody "pick a cruise; any cruise" to get the reduced deposit and obc while on board, and then transfer the booking to what you really want later on. Also, book only one person in a cabin to save on money; the other person(s) will get the guaranteed rate for the cabin at the price you paid for the original booking on board the ship.

You don't have to make your mind up; you just have to get the booking and deposit in the system.

Thanks for the explanation...........it might be worth booking at home another cruise for the OBC........like you said you can always transfer it.

I was also told this same thing on Freedom. Then for lack of any other way to put it, I took a real screwing on it when I went to add my husband. They denied me my price no matter what I tried when I went to add my husband....apparently they get away with raising it by charging a whole new set of taxes....for both people. Taxes you never see added onto the real base price you never see. I had my per person price in writing...but they said when I added the second person that I would have to pay the current price, unlike what the LA told me.

It ended up being 800 something a person instead of the original 700 something. Then eventually the price went down so that for only $10 more than my original price I could get a slightly better cabin. I was happy again. Then they decided to move Mariner of the Seas away from San Diego on January 16....guess what? That was the cruise. So it didn't matter in the end.

Point being....I will NEVER book only one person again and expect them to honor that price. I'd rather pay the full deposit and lock in the price in writing for both people.

Gina

Do you know what the OBC is if you book a 7 day cruise from home during June? Thanks

Ok I think I have it. Basically it is for onboard bookings, except this month, after this month we will get the increased OBC if we book from home and it is 6 months out.

We typically book onboard and move it arounds so this will help us out. Thanks.

:( I like to think that I'm exceptional and have your same values.:o

It appears that you only get an OBC when you book on board.

For those of us that book from home and 18 months out, we still appear to only get one benefit. This is where an OBC from Shareholders should be allowed along with either a balcony discount/C&A Savings Certificate.

Except for this month. You can book any cruise after 5/1/11 this month only, and get the obc. It's a "bonus offer" special.

Except for this month. You can book any cruise after 5/1/11 this month only, and get the obc. It's a "bonus offer" special.

and I guess it would be wishful thinking to try and get the OBC for a 14 day I have booked in October of 2011............I know the answer:)

Ok I think I have it. Basically it is for onboard bookings, except this month, after this month we will get the increased OBC if we book from home and it is 6 months out.

We typically book onboard and move it arounds so this will help us out. Thanks.

Not quite:

after this month you will get the INCREASED BALCONY discount if you book 6 months out from home or a ta, NOT the obc. After this month you will only get the obc from booking on board ship OR if they have another random special at some time.

BUT, if you book on board after this month, AND book more than six months out, you will get BOTH the obc and the increased balcony discount.

Doesn't help us, we have 3 booked on board cruises for Sept. 2011:( Sure be nice if we could add the shareholder then......

Archived