June 1st announcement

Isn't Elite reached after 10 Celebrity cruises?

You're are correct...........Elite Members only become Diamond Members.

Subject: Loyalty Program/Captains Club Yes. Captain's Club Select will still receive Platinum benefits and Elite will still receive Diamond benefits when sailing on Royal Caribbean International. The same will hold true for Crown and Anchor members when sailing on Celebrity and Azamara.

spacer.gifspacer.gif spacer.gifspacer.gif

Another senior moment.:o

And I added (but the edit didn't follow)....note the last bullet

Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier __________________

I guess I still wasn't being too clear....probably a direct result of my brain still reeling from trying to decipher last week's changes to the policies:rolleyes:

And I added (but the edit didn't follow)....note the last bullet

Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier __________________

I guess I still wasn't being too clear....probably a direct result of my brain still reeling from trying to decipher last week's changes to the policies:rolleyes:

And here I thought it was only my brain on overdrive.:D

We just got back from a HORRIBLE cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. I was getting emails from my TA about the whole crappy experience and at the end of his last email today he said:

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!! - Royal Caribbean has changed their policy and now rates will not be adjusted after final payment if they drop nor will they make up the difference in an onboard credit. They have changed their policy to be in line with other cruise lines which will not make any price reduction changes after final payment. I just wanted you to be aware of this for any future bookings.

:mad:

we justed booked on fos, but also looked at carnival. On all of our searches of carnival it was still showing price adjustment refunds and credits upto just before boarding.

Hi, I was on the Oasis of the Seas on May 15-22.While onboard I booked a cruise on the Freedom for Sept 26 and the Allure for Jan 16.I am D+ so I got my balcony discount.Is that all I am entitled to with the new enhancements? The prices for both these cruises were excellent.Does it benefit me to cancel these cruises and book from home?

Hi, I was on the Oasis of the Seas on May 15-22.While onboard I booked a cruise on the Freedom for Sept 26 and the Allure for Jan 16.I am D+ so I got my balcony discount.Is that all I am entitled to with the new enhancements? The prices for both these cruises were excellent.Does it benefit me to cancel these cruises and book from home?

Not really, the book from home OBC is only valid for cruises sailing May 2011 and later. :)

we justed booked on fos, but also looked at carnival. On all of our searches of carnival it was still showing price adjustment refunds and credits upto just before boarding.

It is probably in line with most other cruise lines...but not with carnival. Carnival is still doing price adjustments but only if the easy save fare is booked. They can only be booked prior to 6 months before cruise...I think that's the time frame. The price is even less at the time of booking than their standard fun fares. The only draw back would be the $50 change fee per person. I think the change might need to be used within a certain length of time. And you cannot substitute one passenger for another. I don't consider this ideal but it's more fair than what RCI is now doing.

This in no way can be compared to air travel as I've seen some try to do. Air travel is transportation only from point a to point b. Cruising is a vacation - more like a hotel. And hotels allow adjustments up until the day of arrival and they also in very many cases allow cancellations up until the day before arrival - sometimes the day of arrival.

Although since cruise lines have more invested in it, I don't for a minute believe they should allow a cancellation at the late date that hotels do.

I actually had a Holiday Inn lower my price AFTER I checked in. I didn't have to ask for it.

I think it's a mistake for RCI to not allow price reductions after final payment at least in the form of OBC as they had been doing since last year. It's bound to start causing ill will among their guests.

Gina

I think it's a mistake for RCI to not allow price reductions after final payment at least in the form of OBC as they had been doing since last year. It's bound to start causing ill will among their guests.

Gina

I'd say it already has!

Thanks everyone! I called and they said I could use the shareholders because the balcony is money off and the shareholder is obc it will be allowed. I think I will call back tomorrow and see if I can get the $150 then if by the time of the cruise can use the shareholders will switch. They are driving us nuts with all the answers we get. But I guess there is a lot of people that dont try!

Thanks everyone! I called and they said I could use the shareholders because the balcony is money off and the shareholder is obc it will be allowed. I think I will call back tomorrow and see if I can get the $150 then if by the time of the cruise can use the shareholders will switch. They are driving us nuts with all the answers we get. But I guess there is a lot of people that dont try!

Let me see if I understand this correctly. They are letting you combine an OBC from being a Shareholder and a Balcony Discount.:eek::eek:

I think you'd better call again tomorrow............because when you apply for your Shareholder Benefit it will most probably be denied because you are also getting a balcony discount. The Shareholder OBC is issued through Investor Relations not Crown & Anchor.

From Investor Relations FAQ

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is no longer combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. They are letting you combine an OBC from being a Shareholder and a Balcony Discount.:eek::eek:

I think you'd better call again tomorrow............because when you apply for your Shareholder Benefit it will most probably be denied because you are also getting a balcony discount. The Shareholder OBC is issued through Investor Relations not Crown & Anchor.

From Investor Relations FAQ

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is no longer combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Dawn, yep, I think you should take the $150 now and if they allow it by the time you cruise then you can switch it to the SH OBC. Patti is right, it's invester relations that applies the credit and the rules right on their page say you can't combine it with any other offer such as balcony discounts. Did you call Invester Relations and ask?

I have stock and I'd be very curious to know the outcome of this. I've been hoping that they will change the rules again for the share holder's OBC and allow the combining again.

Good Luck and I'm glad you saw our posts.............LOL

Patty

Like I said on the other thread how hard is it for RCCL to tell all the reps at staff meetings what the changes are going to be. I know at my job we are always getting updates that we are suppose to know, weird at RCCL no one ever knows about anything!!! I will call tomorrow and let you know.

Like I said on the other thread how hard is it for RCCL to tell all the reps at staff meetings what the changes are going to be. I know at my job we are always getting updates that we are suppose to know, weird at RCCL no one ever knows about anything!!! I will call tomorrow and let you know.

First of all the reps have to comprehend what is being told to them......and there are only a handful that really know what is going on.

Patty and I just don't want you to be disappointed when you apply for your Shareholder Benefits and when Investor Relations checks your booking number and sees you are already getting a C&A benefit, they deny your Shareholder OBC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine61250

We just got back from a HORRIBLE cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. I was getting emails from my TA about the whole crappy experience and at the end of his last email today he said:

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE!!!! - Royal Caribbean has changed their policy and now rates will not be adjusted after final payment if they drop nor will they make up the difference in an onboard credit. They have changed their policy to be in line with other cruise lines which will not make any price reduction changes after final payment. I just wanted you to be aware of this for any future bookings.

However, if, after final payment, there is a category of cabin above yours at the same price (due to the price drop), they will give you a cabin upgrade if one is available.

My TA, who does a huge amount of Carnival bookings, says they do not refund or credit after final payment. When I told her RCCL had changed their policy on 6/1, she mentioned they had aligned themselves with Carnival's policy. The article on the main page here at CC also states that RCCL said they were doing this because it was more standard with what other cruise lines are doing.

I am just so confused by all this ~ we booked a TA cruise for November 2011 when the itinararies were first released and have just made Platinum so we have the Platinum balcony discount applied to our booking but no OBC ~ as the cruise was a great price I cannot see that I will benefit by any price drops (or if so they will be minimal).

As this cruise is 13 nights I think I would be better off to cancel and rebook, although I wouldn't really want to lose the cabin which we currently have.

I have looked at the C & A website but can't find the information that I need.

Can anyone please advise me.

Many thanks

Gill

I am just so confused by all this ~ we booked a TA cruise for November 2011 when the itinararies were first released and have just made Platinum so we have the Platinum balcony discount applied to our booking but no OBC ~ as the cruise was a great price I cannot see that I will benefit by any price drops (or if so they will be minimal).

As this cruise is 13 nights I think I would be better off to cancel and rebook, although I wouldn't really want to lose the cabin which we currently have.

I have looked at the C & A website but can't find the information that I need.

Can anyone please advise me.

Many thanks

Gill

Gill, go to the RCI website and then under Crown & Anchor click on "Special Offers". You will have to log in, but it should give you all the information you need about the Special June Booking bonus.

Patti

Thanks for that but the only information I am getting is as follows:-

cor_anchor_ico.gif Onboard Booking Bonus

Up to $200 in onboard spending for your next cruise vacation if you reserve by June 30th*

This is not the detail that I was hoping to find :)

Many thanks

Gill

Is this what you are looking for? I just click on On Board Booking Bonus and this is what I got after I had logged in on the right side of the page.

cas_onboard-bonus_295x27.gif

A SPECIAL OFFER JUST FOR YOU

Up to $200 in onboard spending for your next cruise vacation if you reserve by June 30th*

To introduce you to the new Onboard Booking Bonus, we are making it available to you from home for the month of June only. As part of this special promotion we have added many new sailing dates to your current Saving Certificates. This one-time introductory offer can be reserved from home for any cruise departing on or after May 1, 2011, but be sure to reserve now as this offer expires June 30, 2010.*

*Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Must be made by June 30, 2010 for sailings beginning May 1, 2011. Credit varies by number of sailing nights. Use code AD11 for 3-5 nights, code AD12 for 6-9 nights, code AD13 for 10-14 nights or code AD14 for 15+ sailings. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable. This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply. REDEMPTION INSTRUCTIONS: When reserving through a travel agency, the applicable option code must be presented at time of reservation. Offer must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT. To redeem this offer with a Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner, please use the option code so that the credit is applied to your reservation. To apply this offer while reserving on www.RoyalCaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information section. ©2010 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas. - 5/2010

Under SPECIAL OFFERS it also says...........

Savings Certificates

Great savings on future cruises, available only to Crown & Anchor Society members.

Please Note:

If you are a Platinum member and are looking to reserve a balcony or above stateroom, be sure to refer to your Balcony & Above Member Discount. The Saving Certificates are limited to select sailings, but offer a higher discount. However, if the sailing of your choice is not included in the Saving Certificates, we recommend you then apply your Balcony & Above stateroom discount to your reservation. These discounts are not combinable.

If you are a Diamond member and are looking to reserve a balcony or above stateroom, we recommend that you apply your Balcony & Above Member Discount in order to receive the best savings. These discounts are not combinable.

Patti...I dont think Gill will see the same as you do on the rccl/c&a site...we can't access our accounts over the pond :( Therefore we can't see quite a lot of C&A stuff like you can. So thanks for posting the info about booking this month.

Gill..I cancelled and rebooked my VY cruise for May 2011..so then I qualified for the extra $25 diamond discount because sailing is more than 6 months away...and will get the OBC. :D

Patti...I dont think Gill will see the same as you do on the rccl/c&a site...we can't access our accounts over the pond :( Therefore we can't see quite a lot of C&A stuff like you can. So thanks for posting the info about booking this month.

Gill..I cancelled and rebooked my VY cruise for May 2011..so then I qualified for the extra $25 diamond discount because sailing is more than 6 months away...and will get the OBC. :D

Thanks Liz, I was wondering about that when I noticed where he was from.

Thanks Liz and Patti for your help and patience -

Patti - when I clicked on the 'On Board Booking Bonus' title nothing happened.

Liz - thanks for your e mail, I'll do as you suggest and I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks once again

Gill

Upgrade Availability For Diamond Members

Royal Caribbean usually sails to its capacity; however in the event we are able to offer an upgrade we will contact our Crown & Anchor Members based on their tier status. As a Diamond member we want you to be part of that consideration. We will contact you in advance of sailing if an upgrade becomes available, so please make sure we have your most recent contact information.

Amenity: yes it is checked off for Diamonds, I wonder what it could be though. Maybe a cap or a tote bag.

The upgrade for Ds seems like a way to add another benefit without actually having to deliver it. quote]

Well they had to do something to get the Diamonds back. Diamond friend and I sailed in December

(remember their big production about special gift for Diamonds who sailed in December ? It was a pen, a passport and ticket plastic holder, and a giant "silver" Diamond pin as opposed to the other smaller blue pin)

Guess how many Diamonds were on board ? 7. I mean seven. Not enough for a Diamond and Diamond plus party. And they called a mimosa, champagne and orange juice "a mixed drink" and charged $9.00 for it instead of free for Diamonds and +. :eek: And on cruise before last, plenty of Diamond + were complaining about the coupon books and throwing them away as were the Diamonds, they just weren't worth anything - and the food had really gone downhill bigtime.

I wonder if the food will be improved. That' something they should really look after. Princess had really really good food. Lamb was delicious...as a matter of fact every meal was delicious and up to par, and no one was complaining or disappearing from the DR's .

Meanwhile they've lost their Diamonds - tsk - to other lines. Obviously if RCL wasn;t loyal to them, there was no reason for being loyal to RCL. Cutting the combination of discounts AND the concierge room was just too much, although I enjoy the big nightly parties and private breakfast area better than concierge room, a perk they added to get us back after the diamonds left in droves.

Still not impressed with what they're offering. As has been said, it doesn't match the combinations of $ they took away. I'll sail by price now, not by loyalty - I have enough cut crystal - dont need a crystal ship - big deal - and I did like the Princess line a lot. But if RCL would improve their food, and the price is right......

Still not impressed with what they're offering. As has been said, it doesn't match the combinations of $ they took away. I'll sail by price now, not by loyalty - I have enough cut crystal - dont need a crystal ship - big deal - and I did like the Princess line a lot. But if RCL would improve their food, and the price is right......

I thought the new benefits package was a fantastic improvement to what they did to their C&A members on January 1, 2009. At least now you can combine benefits when booking on board and purchasing a NC has benefits attached to it once again.

They increased the balcony discount for D/D+ pax so it is an advantage to book early.

They have given us better benefits on board with the Coupon Book...........especially the free internet minutes, 20% reduction on internet packages and one free bag of laundry.

I just don't understand what will make people happy anymore.:(

Archived