Diamond Lounge - Boom or Bust?

The Diamond + folks were at our event also because the room was so nice.

Traveling1969 - don't forget Newman as well -- he and Horace really made us feel special!

I was not expecting to enjoy the wine as much as I did -- it was very drinkable to me. Fortunately I wasn't born with a very discriminating palate, but I can’t drink bad wine.

We asked the waiters about the small numbers and they said there were usually more people in the lounge on the Friday-Monday cruise rather than the Monday-Friday cruise.

Thanks. We will be on for the 4 day so I guess we will have to entertain ourselves and I am sure that will not be a problem for our group.

We had the same experience on Radiance in March, it was busy and lively every night. Talked to several D+ who were there just because they enjoyed the atmosphere more than the CL.

Was it Beresford working in the D event on Radiance? When he's there, it's quite the fun place to be.

Gina

I agree, the Diamond Lounge is a better location than the Concierge lounge.

Did you get the new coupon book issue resolved?

We did and I figure that I should share with everyone who had to read my previous rant, RCI's response to the complaints:

"We apologize for the timing delay associated to this aspect of our new program, and we appreciate the candor in the feedback.

We were remiss in communicating that our current Ultimate Value Booklets expire on June 30th, 2010 and the new version will be onboard by that date. In the interim, for sailing's as of June 5th, 2010, all members will receive the new internet and photo offers and Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus will also receive a new laundry offer. These will be a supplement to the current Ultimate Value Booklet available in the guests stateroom.

We hope that this enhance the sailing on the Radiance. "

They did listen and have come through with a good response. :) I think, however, that I will print out the above reply and bring it with me in case the folks on the Radiance haven't gotten the word.;)

Our last cruise was on Majesty and we were often the only ones at The Diamond Event.

No problem! The view from the Viking Crown Lounge was great and we met and chatted with numerous members of the bar staff.

We may be unusual, but we enjoy interacting with the crew. The waiters on Majesty were from India and China. Living in NYC, we have a basic knowledge of different cultures and enjoy Indian cuisine. It was fun sharing with the waiters in a relaxed setting over a glass (or two) of wine.

I'm not saying I didn't appreciate the free wine, I didn't care for the raisin/peanut mix at all, but I'm not a wine snob...the La Terre was fine with me, although I prefer a cocktail, but missed the others and the attentive service we've had in the past. The server we had wasn't very attentive, he only came in every 20 mins. or so to check on us. Didn't engage in conversation with us at all. I am a crew conscious person as well, love talking with crew, but no opportunity at these venues.

The server we had wasn't very attentive, he only came in every 20 mins. or so to check on us. Didn't engage in conversation with us at all.

The bartenders rotate their stations, so it can be hit or miss.

I would think three glasses of wine in an hour isn't too shabby.:)

I have no idea how many glasses we had per hour -- my sister-in-law says if the glass never gets empty then you're still on your first ;)

Ours were rarely empty, before our servers were there topping them off.

We had the same two servers all week so they called us by name and knew what we drank.

Cocktails would have been great, but since we never experienced the CL we were very impressed with the event

We did and I figure that I should share with everyone who had to read my previous rant, RCI's response to the complaints:

"We apologize for the timing delay associated to this aspect of our new program, and we appreciate the candor in the feedback.

We were remiss in communicating that our current Ultimate Value Booklets expire on June 30th, 2010 and the new version will be onboard by that date. In the interim, for sailing's as of June 5th, 2010, all members will receive the new internet and photo offers and Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus will also receive a new laundry offer. These will be a supplement to the current Ultimate Value Booklet available in the guests stateroom.

We hope that this enhance the sailing on the Radiance. "

They did listen and have come through with a good response. :) I think, however, that I will print out the above reply and bring it with me in case the folks on the Radiance haven't gotten the word.;)

I put a Freedom cruise on hold, then asked about the books. Four different messages told me no books til end of June at the earliest. I finally got the answer you got around 7 p.m. last night and finished the booking for this Sunday. While I was waiting, the Monarch had Florida Inside specials sailing on Friday, 6/4 for $209 p.p. I almost booked that instead.

I would have been real happy switching to the 6/4 Monarch, only to find out the books would be available the next day.

Only 4 ships are departing on the 4th. You would think they could have added them as well. Not surprised.:cool:

Archived