Price Drops

missymac

How can you see the early saver prices any longer? I just checked online for my October 2010 Legend cruise and no longer have the choice of early saver. There is Fun Saver, but that is almost $200 more than I paid. I am confused on how to find a price reduction if I can no longer see the ES prices. Any help would be appreciated! I would love to have a little OBC by the time I get on the ship.:D

If you booked Early Saver and the price of the same type room you booked is cheaper in ANY category (Fun Saver, Past Guest, Senior Citizen, etc.) and you qualify for that category, you can get a price reduction or an upgrade, or OBC, up to two days before you sail.

Good luck!!!!

Pretty soon they are gonna be paying me to go on the Triumph in Nov. ;)

J:DY

Hey there, Maybe you can help me out with this price drop, I went on to see if our cruise has gone down any but or 6b rooms aren't on there anymore, but last week the 6c rooms where what we paid. i did early savers but i guess since its a different cat we wouldn't recieve obc right.?:)

If a 6C is available at the same rate you paid or cheaper for a 6B, you can get a free upgrade from 6B to 6C. Hope the free upgrade is still there.

If any upper category falls lower than the one you booked, you can upgrade or get OBC for the difference. I do not know how they would compensate for OBC if they are the same price, I think you would just get the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

I know it's confusing. The first 2 times we booked ES I was totally lost with it too...and it's still confusing and I'm sure NOT by accident.

Look for the cheapest rate you are eligible, i.e., balcony past guest, etc...then edit it to the Cat you booked...i.e., 8D...then see what the price, if less than what you paid per person, you are eligible.

What price did you pay for what category, what ship/date? I'll try to watch for you as well. And don't stop watching...we got $470 OBC 4 days before one cruise. That was SWEET!

hint: carnivalcruisegenie dot com works GREAT to keep watch for you.

We're from just up the road from you guys in NC (Blounts Creek, on Pamlico river/sound area).

I check my prices every day also.. so far no price drops.. This is our honeymoon cruise and it would be great to get some on board credits... but if not we will have a great time and I think we got a good price.. 439.00 a person for a balcony on the Riveria deck... but we still have 94 days to see if maybe they will go down.... keeping my fingers crossed!!!

confused: so what's the advantage of Early Saver Rate over Past Guest rate?

early saver you get the lowest rate up until 2 days before your cruise. For that you have to risk your deposit. $50pp change or cancellation fee plus CCL holds the remainder that you can apply to another cruise within 2 years.

If you book past guest your rate is a little higher but you can get your deposit back up until final payment.

You also can't get lower prices after final payment but you can usually get an upgrade if a category above yours drops to what you have paid.

Bill

early saver you get the lowest rate up until 2 days before your cruise. For that you have to risk your deposit. $50pp change or cancellation fee plus CCL holds the remainder that you can apply to another cruise within 2 years.

If you book past guest your rate is a little higher but you can get your deposit back up until final payment.

You also can't get lower prices after final payment but you can usually get an upgrade if a category above yours drops to what you have paid.

Bill

If the price changes after final pymt do you at least have the option of OBC with the Past Guest Rate?

ruh roh.. i wonder if:

a) i can change my past guest res. to early saver (booked 3 days ago)?

b) can i also change categories at the same time (balcony to inside)?

If you are booked past guest, switch cabins now ...then switch to ES. Once you are booked ES you can never downgrade.

yes, you can switch to ES, as long as its still available.

[quote name='truchattycathy']If a 6C is available at the same rate you paid or cheaper for a 6B, you can get a free upgrade from 6B to 6C. Hope the free upgrade is still there.

If any upper category falls lower than the one you booked, you can upgrade or get OBC for the difference. I do not know how they would compensate for OBC if they are the same price, I think you would just get the upgrade.

Hope this helps.[/quote]
thanks so much for the help. I will keep a closer look since I no what im looking for.
Thank you.

Archived