oil has hit pensacola beach

jj1975

This whole situation stinks. I could cry knowing that so many fish and birds will die. I feel for those who making their living on the seas.

I've lived by an ocean most of my life and have a great respect for the water. I feel sick looking at the pictures of pelicans covered in oil. My God, what has BP done?:mad:

A: Not much of anything.

You've got to be kidding...

Simply throwing numbers out doesn't mean a thing since it is more than obvious that nothing has worked.

And yes, there are real solutions that would mitigate the disaster. Ask Louisiana's governor who weeks ago asked the feds to put in place known procedures that would limit the damage.

Their response - silence!

It's a matter of the overbloated and inefficient federal bureaucracy being able to effectively mobilize and make decisions in a crisis.

The "overbloated and inefficient" bureaucracy has NO CLUE how to stop the leak. And the fact that attempts to stop the flow have not been successful DOES NOT mean that BP is unwilling to do anything about it. They're not sitting around on their thumbs doing nothing. The numbers support the efforts they are making to fix a disastrous situation.

The "overbloated and inefficient" bureaucracy has NO CLUE how to stop the leak. And the fact that attempts to stop the flow have not been successful DOES NOT mean that BP is unwilling to do anything about it. They're not sitting around on their thumbs doing nothing. The numbers support the efforts they are making to fix a disastrous situation.

I see you work in the oil industry. That's o.k. You have a right to defend your position.

My major problem is the federal government, which does not have the ability to cap the flow, but does have the ability to mitigate the damage by cleaning up a good portion of the oil that is moving toward shore. By delaying at best and doing nothing at worst, they have shown an inability to respond to a crisis.

When Gov. Jindal asked the feds for booms and Hesco baskets, he was met with silence. While BP and Washington twiddle their thumbs with regard to cleanup, America's coastline suffers! And that is fact!

I see you work in the oil industry. That's o.k. You have a right to defend your position.

My major problem is the federal government, which does not have the ability to cap the flow, but does have the ability to mitigate the damage by cleaning up a good portion of the oil that is moving toward shore. By delaying at best and doing nothing at worst, they have shown an inability to respond to a crisis.

When Gov. Jindal asked the feds for booms and Hesco baskets, he was met with silence. While BP and Washington twiddle their thumbs with regard to cleanup, America's coastline suffers! And that is fact!

True, response to LA has been as slow or slower than the hurricane response. And I'm sickened by what the spill is doing to the gulf.

I think it would have been better if the govt focused on booms etc. and let BP concentrate on the efforts to stop the flow.

It seems to me that for many politicians this is just a photo op.

True, response to LA has been as slow or slower than the hurricane response. And I'm sickened by what the spill is doing to the gulf.

I think it would have been better if the govt focused on booms etc. and let BP concentrate on the efforts to stop the flow.

Absolutely! Yes, we agree!

Bad move on their part, because now their photo will be forever associated with the failed effort to protect the Gulf Coast. Politicians better duck and cover. Presidents all leave a legacy. Clinton was cigars and dna stains. Bush had Katrina and now Obama has BP. At least Clinton had a good time. :)

It would only take the wind blowing toward the west and you can add Texas to the list.

CNN says it could affect up to South Carolina now the other direction.

Sorry fire, I should have added Texas to the list. We have had oil coming ashore on a couple of our outer islands for a few days now, but as usual being Mississippi we don't rate the headline news. We are all in the direct line of fire (no pun intended).

those photos dont show nothing on pensacolas local news they showed the real pic if you have ever been to pensacola beach you know the sand is as white as white can be but where the high tide came in today the sand is this brown color you can see the difference

those photos dont show nothing on pensacolas local news they showed the real pic if you have ever been to pensacola beach you know the sand is as white as white can be but where the high tide came in today the sand is this brown color you can see the difference

Brown sand...now it looks like the Jersey shore in Florida...

I can't say BPisn't doing anything...they just aren't doing the right things...I am far more concerned with stopping the leak then cleaning up what it has already done...do that once it stops and you clean it up once and for all...

I just still think the oil rig company should be taking some of the heat for this...it is THEIR equipment that failed and now BP is left with the fix and clean up...I wonder if that $69 million dollars that Obama plans to bill them for government time includes his flights and meal for his photo op? Anyone else EVER see a president that finds the need to be on TV everyday? He has tallked so much about nothing no one wants nor cares what he has to say anymore...

My heart is breaking too. The loss in the gulf is immeasurable. I spent a lot of my childhood in Pensacola, grew up in Panama City. I so wish I had gone back before this.

Does anyone know if there are volunteer acitivities that would be helpful?

I sold my BP stock, the only reason I don't want them to go under is so they can pay back the claims and fines. Why did we allow a company with so many violations ruin any part of America the Beautiful?

*puts on flame retardant suit*

Let me preface this by saying that I am upset also by the situation.I live near the SC coast and grew up on a Coastal Georgia Island. My husband is in the restaurant business. One which sells seafood. This will affect a whole lotta people in a lot of ways, not to mention the wildlife.

However, there were,in the past few years, a whole buncha Americans screaming that we were too dependent on foreign oil. So we began to loosen standards so we could find American Oil. This is a risk that goes with that, no matter who is to blame.

In this situation nobody is in the right and no one should shoulder all the blame.

Just my unsolicited opinion.

What I don't understand is why the states affected don't do whatever they can to protect their coast NOW, and bill the government and BP for it?

I know Louisiana finally decided to go ahead and build a berm or two before it was finally authorized.

Unfortunately, the contaminated beaches are the least of our worries. I'm sickened by how much oil is spewing into the gulf affecting the sealife and fishing grounds that will affect us for years to come. Cleaning up the beaches is imperative but that does nothing for the oil ladened ocean. Many people will lose their lively hood over this. BP cut a corner by choosing not to put an additional safety valve in place.:mad:

Pat

Archived