HELP...Elegant night is on Halloween!

We are sailing on the Carnival Dream on Oct 30 and our first elegant night is on Halloween! Our group enjoys dressing up for the elegant nights but we also LOVE Halloween (that's why we choose to sail these dates).

What do most people typically do when the elegant night falls on Halloween? Do they still wear their fancy stuff or dress in costume? Anyone ever had these events fall on the same night?

go to your RC and see what EVERYONE will be wearing and ask this question on the Carnival board....i probably would be wearing BLACK...ELEGANT yet the color of Halloween....i might have to add some ORANGE in there somewhere...ENJOY-i am sure maybe later that nite there is a HALLOWEEN COSTUME party or something-i would think!:D

We are sailing on the Carnival Dream on Oct 30 and our first elegant night is on Halloween! Our group enjoys dressing up for the elegant nights but we also LOVE Halloween (that's why we choose to sail these dates).

What do most people typically do when the elegant night falls on Halloween? Do they still wear their fancy stuff or dress in costume? Anyone ever had these events fall on the same night?

Sounds like the perfect excuse to dress for a Masquerade Ball...

Fancy dress and masks!

Another example

Sounds like the perfect excuse to dress for a Masquerade Ball...

Fancy dress and masks!

Another example

That is exactly what I was thinking! My DD's prom was maquerade themed last year and it was soooo neat! you could do gloves and masks and lace umbrellas! OR if you do the creepy Halloween you could always do the "dead glamor girl"...:D:eek:

I'm all about Halloween, I would wear a black dress with one of them elegant beaded and feather masks on a stick(If you don't want to mess up your hair) They also make fancy masks for men too. Google" Halloween feather or fancy masks" and see what styles you like. Check your local Party City store they should have them as well. I'd add my bling Halloween jewelry- earrings, necklace, and pin, either my, cat, pumpkin, spider, bat or witches hat ones.

I'd do the mask and some cool Halloween bling jewelry, so I don't look "costumey" on formal night.

I still consider formal/elegant night just that, not every day you can deck myself to the nines.

Alrana

In 2006 we cruised for our anniversary (Oct 28) and had an informal night (doesn't exist anymore...) on HAL. I wore a floor length red knit dress with a devil costume set - ears headband, tail, and small triton. I wasn't nearly as dressed up as some people on our cruise (wow, we had some AWESOME costumes) but I fit in both with the dress code AND Halloween. i'm a BIG fan of headband "ears" - I own all sorts - devil, cats, bunnies, etc - they're easy to pack and can make a costume out of a dress....(One year for work, I went as "devil with a blue dress" (apologies Mitch Ryder) with a blue dress and the devil ears, tail & triton...)

I sailed on Splendor last year for Halloween - our group went as flappers. The costumes are great cause the men wear suits - and the girls dresses are SO fun and usually very fancy!!! It would work for both.

Great posting. I have a co-worker who loves Halloween - I'm surprised she's never taken a cruise during that time. I agree with many of the other post and would definitely wear black with a little halloween flair, such as a tiera or one of those masquerade mask (then you could remove it if you felt out of place).

You are allowed one time, after you're ten years old :).

Unless you work at Disney World as a character:p (but to be honest - if it's a different group of people that see you each time, I don't think it matters. Your family might think you're a little batty, but they probably know that already and love you anyway:p)

I've worn the devil ears a time or two - this is from my cruise:

2139285870084534781VkSBAL_th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

KLLund did this one year......Kathy, where are you?:)

If you look at her signature, there is a link to her cruises and pictures. If you search there, I think you should be able to find pix from a Halloween cruise.

I've cruised over Halloween previously and I'm going right before Halloween next time. I love Halloween so it's a lot of fun for me. If my formal night were on Halloween, I would definitely do a Princess costume with a formal dress, tiara and everything. Needless to say, I have my costume all ready to go and we have a bunch of Halloween decorations for the cabin :)

We were on the Miracle during Halloween (can't remember if it was also a formal night) but we dressed up as a Vampire--DH and a Vampiress--me. We had so much fun. We attended the costume coctail party/costume judging contest. I think those who didn't dress in costume looked like they were missing out on the fun!

I got the costumes at a department store, bought the make-up, the teeth, the blood (!) there also. Easy to pack...fun to do!

KLLund did this one year......Kathy, where are you?:)

If you look at her signature, there is a link to her cruises and pictures. If you search there, I think you should be able to find pix from a Halloween cruise.

Actually it was 2008 .. our group and then me as Miss Piggy dressed as Big Bird!1

Halloween.jpg.f0961114ee3ccd78f3b3b165653242a7.jpg

1604063526_CarnivalSpiritNov1187.jpg.8fa63d96ab3bd552cd6dba6528b4941d.jpg

Had to chime in... Strapped for a last minute costume idea, my DH and I dug out our old wedding gear and went as a bride and groom. Never thought I'd get to wear the dress again! I have also reused several old formal dresses and added wings or tiaras... I once went as Carrie, that one was fun, not sure how it would have been accepted on a cruise line though.

Archived