New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Yes, better do something. Not washing though, with the weather forecast

TTFN

Berwyn

Just started to drizzle a bit. I'll go over to the other forum and have a look, there was just a bit of panic setting in earlier.:D:D

Jan

Just started to drizzle a bit. I'll go over to the other forum and have a look, there was just a bit of panic setting in earlier.:D:D

Jan

We had heavy rain here for about half an hour then it's clearing up.

Not looking like the heavy rain all day they forecast.

You reading the same posts as me? the main topic this morning seems to have been Venetian Gondola prices.

Berwyn

We had heavy rain here for about half an hour then it's clearing up.

Not looking like the heavy rain all day they forecast.

You reading the same posts as me? the main topic this morning seems to have been Venetian Gondola prices.

Berwyn

The rain must be coming my way, it's heavier now than before but not too bad.

Gondola rides just don't appeal to me, although I'd love to go to Venice and also Florence. My son, his wife and the kids went on one and made a video of the whole ride, that's enough for me, lol, having a proxy do it for me.:D:D In busy places like that it's nearly always easier to get about on foot and you can't beat a good map.

Jan

The rain must be coming my way, it's heavier now than before but not too bad.

Gondola rides just don't appeal to me, although I'd love to go to Venice and also Florence. My son, his wife and the kids went on one and made a video of the whole ride, that's enough for me, lol, having a proxy do it for me.:D:D In busy places like that it's nearly always easier to get about on foot and you can't beat a good map.

Jan

We did it on an excursion from a hotel on Lake Garda. Part of the trip with 6 of us in it. You get very close to the water though. :eek: Especially when it got choppy on the Grand Canal.

Venice for walking is good, you can't really get lost, there are signs on most of the corners pointing you to the Rialto bridge or St. Marks Sq.

Berwyn

This thread has turned into a weather channel :D

It's typical, all week I was in work trying to sleep in the day in the heat,

now it's my nights off the weather changes and in comes the grotty stuff.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

There's some really dark looking big thick clouds heading this way from the West.

Looks like we're in for the proper rain and it'll be with you shortly after us .

1.gif

Berwyn

That smiley is just like it is here, lol. Just slackening off after a torrential downpour,:eek::eek:.

Hello RR.

Jan

That smiley is just like it is here, lol. Just slackening off after a torrential downpour,:eek::eek:.

Hello RR.

Jan

And there was me looking forward to seeing the outside world on my days off :(

Ah well! There's always hope for tomorrow.

Berwyn

Just been up to get the shopping, we definitely got your rain,:eek:. Of course now I'm back it's stopped. Morrisons have got World Cup offer get one big bag of Indian Curry meal for two and get one free £6.49, much cheapness!!. Don't forget the lager to go with it, lol. Mine is going in the freezer for after the cruise.:):)

Jan

Just been up to get the shopping, we definitely got your rain,:eek:. Of course now I'm back it's stopped. Morrisons have got World Cup offer get one big bag of Indian Curry meal for two and get one free £6.49, much cheapness!!. Don't forget the lager to go with it, lol. Mine is going in the freezer for after the cruise.:):)

Jan

That's a good deal, it's a half hour trip to our nearest one though. :(

I bet the lager won't last till after the cruise though :D

We've not had much rain here, it's going straight overhead and on to you.

Berwyn

There we go I've pointed it out to them on that Greek Strikes thread.

Berwyn

Going to be a bit of a bomb shell when they cancel the AI as well as the Ash cloud coming back and with the airstrike to start with other airlines as well.

Good job I'm only joshing :D

Going to be a bit of a bomb shell when they cancel the AI as well as the Ash cloud coming back and with the airstrike to start with other airlines as well.

Good job I'm only joshing :D

Two weeks to go, I expect to be eating my dinner at this time. Yummy!!:D:D

Don't even mention ash clouds, strikes, nuclear wars or anything else.:eek:

The rain has stopped.

Jan

Two weeks to go, I expect to be eating my dinner at this time. Yummy!!:D:D

Don't even mention ash clouds, strikes, nuclear wars or anything else.:eek:

The rain has stopped.

Jan

Mrs. Clinton is expecting the Iranians to start playing up in the next few days :D

Mrs. Clinton is expecting the Iranians to start playing up in the next few days :D

You'll be going in the naughty corner if you don't stop it!!:eek:

Jan

Jan..

you can start posting now? Corrie has finished :D

If you must know smarty pants I've been on Amazon and ebay ordering my AA pocket guides for Istanbul and Turkey, :p. I don't watch Corrie.

Jan

Back to the weather, raining but mild and I was really hot in bed last night. No jokes please, :eek:.

For all the complaints about cruises that we've heard you can't beat nice weather. I've been thinking about the Aida in Liverpool where it was cold and rainy and as it sailed away to Scotland there was hardly anyone on deck. What a difference to when we last saw her in Las Palmas with the passengers on deck waiving us off as we passed on a lovely sunny day. It looks like they're going to have even worse weather going round Scotland today, no lying on the sun beds for them. I think the weather does make a holiday and you can put up with anything else that goes wrong.

Last World Cup we were camping in Cornwall and we had scorching hot weather, there we were sitting outside the tent decked out with bunting and our inflatable red and white chairs drinking ice cold lager out of the cool box and watching the footie on our TV in our very own chav world. Fantastic.:D:D Forward 2 years, same site, same time of year with mud bubbling up from under the bedrooms and having to strike camp in the pouring rain.:eek::eek: DH holiday days wasted through miserable weather.

Jan

You shouldn't write sentences like that Jan if you don't want the jokes flying :D

That's the trouble with the weather here, you can't predict it from one summer to the next. (Or even one week for that matter).

No fun in a tent in the pouring rain. Been there.

just going back to Euros in Turkey. In Kusadasi that was all they wanted in the shops and the peddlars outside Ephesus.

In the shops we went in the prices on the labels were in Euros.

Berwyn

We've bought more lira than euros but I suppose if we put lira in front of them they'll take it.

Still raining!!:eek::eek: Had a power cut for a few minutes this morning, luckily it doesn't seem to have knocked out the timers, etc.

Is no one going on the IE at present? No feedback coming in, we'll have to wait for RR to come back then he can tell us all about the bar. The view from the bar stool, the view lying flat on his back looking up at the ceiling, the condition of the draft strongbow, etc. lol.:D:D

Prepare to duck, he'll be back on later.:p

Jan

We've bought more lira than euros but I suppose if we put lira in front of them they'll take it.

Still raining!!:eek::eek: Had a power cut for a few minutes this morning, luckily it doesn't seem to have knocked out the timers, etc.

Is no one going on the IE at present? No feedback coming in, we'll have to wait for RR to come back then he can tell us all about the bar. The view from the bar stool, the view lying flat on his back looking up at the ceiling, the condition of the draft strongbow, etc. lol.

Prepare to duck, he'll be back on later.:p

Jan

We only took Lira and it was fine, it's just they gave prices in, or had labels in Euros 1st.

If RR gives us the view looking up at the bar ceiling we won't need to ask about the quality of the Strongbow :D

Seems to be brightening up at last here.

Berwyn

If RR gives us the view looking up at the bar ceiling we won't need to ask about the quality of the Strongbow :D

Berwyn

That's true, lol.:D:D. You working tonight Berwyn? Hope so, we're all waiting for you to go back then the sun will come out. lol.:p

Jan

Archived