New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

That's true, lol.:D:D. You working tonight Berwyn? Hope so, we're all waiting for you to go back then the sun will come out. lol.:p

Jan

No cheek now or I'll send you some

3.gif

:D

No, I'm off tonight, on a training course tomorrow so can't work day and night :eek:

I'm in Thursday and Friday nights. So the sun should be out tomorrow and Friday.

Berwyn

You might as well send the thunder and lightening, we've already got the rain.:eek:

I'm at the Endriconology Clinic tomorrow morning, early, on their endless quest to find out why I had kidney stones. It's 12 months since the big one came out so it's getting a bit tedious now. I'm like pass the parcel now, one clinic gets bored and passes me on to another, I'm definitely bored with it.:( I am a medical mystery, lol.:D:D

Don't you go finding some horrible smiley now.

Jan

You might as well send the thunder and lightening, we've already got the rain.:eek:

I'm at the Endriconology Clinic tomorrow morning, early, on their endless quest to find out why I had kidney stones. It's 12 months since the big one came out so it's getting a bit tedious now. I'm like pass the parcel now, one clinic gets bored and passes me on to another, I'm definitely bored with it.:( I am a medical mystery, lol.:D:D

Don't you go finding some horrible smiley now.

Jan

That's a right pain, (no pun intended for a change), That's the trouble these days it seems, instead of keeping going with you they pass you on to someone else hoping they'll sort it.

Most kidney stones are made of crystalised uric acid or calcium. (they've probably told you that already).

Berwyn

PS They've got no smileys of kidney stones :D

2.gif I'm slow this afternoon :D

Berwyn

You didn't actually believe RR about the Strongbow? Doh!! Never!!

Back from the kitchen. Soup made, pasta sauce made and some dessert gooseberries in the pan.:D:D. Didn't do any cooking in the heat last week. Last time I went to the Urology Clinic he said don't eat strawberries, no chance!!! I've got a bed of them in the garden and I'm going to scoff the lot if they'll wait until I get back. It's only for 2 weeks of the year, good job the spring was cool as they're late in fruiting this year. My stone was calcium based so perversely I should eat more dairy.:confused:

Jan

You didn't actually believe RR about the Strongbow? Doh!! Never!!

Back from the kitchen. Soup made, pasta sauce made and some dessert gooseberries in the pan.:D:D. Didn't do any cooking in the heat last week. Last time I went to the Urology Clinic he said don't eat strawberries, no chance!!! I've got a bed of them in the garden and I'm going to scoff the lot if they'll wait until I get back. It's only for 2 weeks of the year, good job the spring was cool as they're late in fruiting this year. My stone was calcium based so perversely I should eat more dairy.:confused:

Jan

You've been busy. I've been busy being a human alarm clock. Youngest was home for the weekend and went back today so needed turfing out of bed and then off for the train.

Then you're under the cardiologist 'cos your veins and arteries all clogged up from the fat. :eek: as well as more stones from the calcium. Genius.

Like me with arthritis they said cut out acidy stuff like tomatoes, pickles, grapefruit etc. Did it get better? No, exactly the same. So I eat them anyway and symptoms no worse.

Berwyn

The arthritis I've got in my hands is totally to do with the cold. They've been bad this spring but since the warm weather last week 100% better. Challenging the stiffness with yoga stretches is a big help as well. OMG what a pair of old fogies we sound, lol. Where's my zimmer? I'm nowhere near ready for my bus pass yet, it doesn't auger well does it? :D:D

Jan

OMG what a pair of old fogies we sound, lol. Where's my zimmer? I'm nowhere near ready for my bus pass yet, it doesn't auger well does it? :D:D

Jan

No, Only got under 3 years for my pass. :eek:

That's why I'm getting as much strenuous sightseeing in before I need my zimmer.

Then we can wander round the easy ports of call afterwards.

Berwyn

No, Only got under 3 years for my pass. :eek:

That's why I'm getting as much strenuous sightseeing in before I need my zimmer.

Then we can wander round the easy ports of call afterwards.

Berwyn

Are you allowed to take a mobility scooter on the ship, lol.:D:D Can you imagine having them zooming around the decks? Do you think we're bored today? I do, I've got loads to do but it's just too grey and miserable.:( I was trying to send an email on the new phone to tell them the new number and couldn't figure out how to do just one to everybody. Gave up and sent it individually, sometimes it's less trouble.

Jan

Are you allowed to take a mobility scooter on the ship, lol.:D:D Can you imagine having them zooming around the decks? Do you think we're bored today? I do, I've got loads to do but it's just too grey and miserable.:( I was trying to send an email on the new phone to tell them the new number and couldn't figure out how to do just one to everybody. Gave up and sent it individually, sometimes it's less trouble.

Jan

They were when we were on the Royal Caribbean ship last year. They even took them ashore on the tender for people.

Not so much room on the Thomson ships though. Racing up the Promenade Deck :D

Definitely bored,, fed up with 2 days stuck inside.

It's brightened up here, might be with you just in time for bedtime.

I can't fathom out how to send emails on the phone. I know how to send one text to everyone in the phonebook though.

Berwyn

You sure your under 60 you lot :eek:

I am and I can prove it, if I have to. I don't want to though, lol.:D:D Let's just say I've been married 40 years in September and I WAS a child bride, ha,ha.

Sorry Berwyn, I meant to say texts not emails so you're one up on me. Just get used to one phone then have to start all over again. This one has the space bar on the bottom right, all the others I've had have been on the bottom middle button, aargh!!:mad:

Jan

I am and I can prove it, if I have to. I don't want to though, lol.:D:D Let's just say I've been married 40 years in September and I WAS a child bride, ha,ha.

Sorry Berwyn, I meant to say texts not emails so you're one up on me. Just get used to one phone then have to start all over again. This one has the space bar on the bottom right, all the others I've had have been on the bottom middle button, aargh!!:mad:

Jan

Mine have always been the bottom right, I thought it was standard as I've had different makes.

I also get the option to click ALL when I look for recipients when selecting send.

Berwyn

Looks like I'm the babe here :p

That's stretching it a bit, lol.:p

Rain has stopped and sun is out, nearly, hurray.:D:D

I need to read the phone manual again, my old phones came ashore with the Mary Rose, lol.

Jan

Child bride here as well - not been married as long as ecko though

I like to drink water in between alcholic drinks (tad annoyed water isn't incl in AI) - only found that out a few weeks ago

And they said it would never last, lol.:D:D

You can get water anytime from the Beachcomber. They only have the small orange juice size plastic glasses as they don't want people filling water bottles there due to cross infection so the tap is quite low down.:):) You can buy the bottled water but there's no difference to me.

Jan

ekco

worse weather going round Scotland today

the weather was OK in Greenock yesterday apart from 1 hour when it rained constantly - and a wee flood which took about 2 hrs to clear so traffic was bad.

No one from the ship was delayed in any way. In fact the captain left 30 mins early as it was such a lovely evening

A lot of the cruise ships stop in my home town, a free history tour is put on and very popular (first come first served basis) we get very good feedback from the people on the cruise

ekco

the weather was OK in Greenock yesterday apart from 1 hour when it rained constantly - and a wee flood which took about 2 hrs to clear so traffic was bad.

No one from the ship was delayed in any way. In fact the captain left 30 mins early as it was such a lovely evening

A lot of the cruise ships stop in my home town, a free history tour is put on and very popular (first come first served basis) we get very good feedback from the people on the cruise

Glad it wasn't too bad. The forecast for the next 24 hours had a lot of rain in the very north of Scotland so fingers crossed they avoided it. At least it's clearing away from here now. Boring today. At least the water butts are full.:):)

Jan

Archived