New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Hi Berwyn

When do you go to Mexico? Is it September? and how long are you going for?

Bet you can't wait.:)

Jan

Yes 5th September. Getting nervous now, never gone that far before.

Off for 2 weeks. 1st week touring the Mayan sites and old colonial Spanish cities. Then the 2nd A.I . in a 5 star hotel on the beach.

We'd got the bigger premium seats for the extra legroom and bigger seats etc.

Had to book the plane seats on Wednesday morning. I was on at 8.25 a.m. as soon as i got in from work thinking I'd get the front row. But some people must have been up early or stayed up late. Got 2 seats next to the aisle on row 2 though.

Berwyn

I'm sure I heard recently that they keep the front row for special cases until late on. We were on a 767 which had 2, 4 and 2 sets across, the 4 seat front row brain dead people had complete blocked the way across with their feet and luggage. I was waiting with a little girl at the toilet when the one opposite became free, so I said to the girl "just hop over there and use that one". She tried to get across and they wouldn't move so I asked them if she could cross. Talk about miserable slow motion. While they were reluctantly moving their stuff a women who was watching this got up and zoomed into the toilet. You couldn't make it up, I could have smacked the lot of them. What an example of bad manners for a little girl to see.

I think you're doing it the right way round. We were exhausted after our busy cruise week and it was great to relax in the Club Magic in Marmaris. It was completely private with no traffic or even busy road nearby and just like staying in a botanical garden, beautiful. We went into Marmaris one evening, mayhem, we couldn't wait to get back. It really was 2 seperate holidays.

Skies are really black here now with a bit of blue round the edge. Still very warm though.:):)

Jan

What a lovely day here? hot and clear blue sky's and temp of 30c, pity about theose dang thunder flies :mad:

Funny day again, heavy clouds, hot and sunny all at the same time. Spent the afternoon rigging up my water butt irrigation system for the plants, can you believe it there's a hosepipe ban here. The cheek of it after all that rain and flooding in the winter!!:mad:

Jan

It was late at night :D when we arrived due to the French air traffic control strike which meant we had to go round Portugal to get to Palma :mad:

Only 3 hours late getting on the boat, and I must admit Thomson didn't do themselves no favours at all even when we left the ship there was nobody to tell us which coach to get on, no anouncments ...nothing at all must be cutting back on customer service..Come back Island cruise people ..at least with them you got a better service?

It was late at night :D when we arrived due to the French air traffic control strike which meant we had to go round Portugal to get to Palma :mad:

Only 3 hours late getting on the boat, and I must admit Thomson didn't do themselves no favours at all even when we left the ship there was nobody to tell us which coach to get on, no anouncments ...nothing at all must be cutting back on customer service..Come back Island cruise people ..at least with them you got a better service?

Totally agree, when we went to the stay we were thrown in with no info about how the AI worked, no rep, she was supposedly on airport duty!! Turned up the next afternoon and couldn't be bothered. She told us to meet in a bar, then we found her in an ante room and she couldn't be bleep bleep to tell the people in the bar where she was. They were not best pleased when they found out half an hour later. Useless!! Mind you she managed to find the AI food without any trouble and it showed. Right, off the eat the curry and watch the footie.:D

Jan

Jan

Back to reality :(

10 hr days now for the foreseeable future possibly 12 hrs will find out later.

Have a good one all :D

Lucky you, lol.:D:D

Jan

• 1 month later...

Lordy!! It looks like the weather we've been getting up here.:eek:

The sun actually came out late this afternoon for a couple of hours, the first time since we came back on the 5th July. We've only had a few minutes at a time of sun since, grey every day and it's rained every day since the idiot United Utilities put a hosepipe ban on.:rolleyes:

Jan

Lordy!! It looks like the weather we've been getting up here.:eek:

The sun actually came out late this afternoon for a couple of hours, the first time since we came back on the 5th July. We've only had a few minutes at a time of sun since, grey every day and it's rained every day since the idiot United Utilities put a hosepipe ban on.:rolleyes:

Jan

They can't be as bad as Oxford City Council. they are all idiots!

5 weeks now since Berwyn disappeared. Just been looking at his last posts and no hint there of being bored with the site or anything. He should be going to Mexico in 3 weeks. Just hope that whatever happened he still gets to go, he and his wife were so looking forward to it.:confused:

Jan

Archived