Just got my upgrade - is this good?

bbbaby1976

bbbaby, I think you have the wrong stateroom number, as I even checked other decks and there is no 137 that I could find anywhere. Maybe you hit the wrong key? There are CC categories L303, 304, 305, 306, 307 & 308 only on that deck.

If it is a CC here is Princess's cabin description.

Category CC

A slightly larger version of an oceanview double stateroom with the same fine amenities, including a picture window. Approximately 206 square feet.

An "L" cabin would be on the lido deck but there is no 137. There is a 237 but that's a class II interior.

Category II

Interior staterooms features two twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed. Other amenities include a refrigerator, hair dryer, flat-panel TV, closet and bathroom with shower. Approximately 160 square feet.

Check your cabin number again.

Have a great next cruise.

That is a great upgrade. You have a bigger cabin and are on the lido deck which makes it easy to get to the buffet and pools. It is towards the front of the ship but not all the way forward.

Congratulations on the cruise and the upgrade.

:eek:L307 is the cabin we have been assigned.

I figured that might have happened. ;) Congrats on that upgrade, you were lucky to receive a good one as all guarantees don't necessairly bring you an upgrade to a higher catgory. Have a great cruise!

You have moved up to the highest cartegory Oceanview, a good move.

Only negative is that during the day there may be a lot of traffic by your cabin from the nearby elevator out to the pool area

You will probably have some noise, both music and people noise during the day into the early evening but it should be fine for sleeping at night. But I'm sure Princess has sound proofed the wall between you and common area. After all they especially don't want the people in the suites a couple doors down from you to complain after what they paid for their cabin.

We are all being honest in that this is a great upgrade from an HH guarantee to a CC right down the hall from two of the largest suites on the ship and with a great view of the ocean thru your picture window. Basically your cabin is the same size as the BA balcony cabins but with your balcony space enclosed in the cabin and air conditioned. When you want ocean breezes all you have to do is go out your cabin door and around the corner.

Enjoy your upgraded cabin and your next cruise.

Well, I'm confused. According to my Princess deck plan for Grand, L307 is a balcony forward

on Lido deck.....no suites near it.

There are 2 CC cabins........on Sun deck, 702 and 704.

Is my confusion because I'm looking at the brochure, not on Princess.com?

I looked at the deck plans on VTG and on Princess web sites and both show L307 to be an outside cabin on the starboard side of the ship. There seem to be 3 of these cabins on either side of front of the lido. The most forward one on either side is right next to the two GS suites on the Lido deck. Then forward of that is a group on both sides of the ship of BA balcony cabins with another group of Class II inside cabins running down the middle.

Also there are no passenger cabins on the Sun deck on Grand class ships as far as I know.

I don't know if the brochure you are looking at is a current one or whether it is correct and the two web site's deck plans are wrong.

Well, I'm confused. According to my Princess deck plan for Grand, L307 is a balcony forward

on Lido deck.....no suites near it.

There are 2 CC cabins........on Sun deck, 702 and 704.

Is my confusion because I'm looking at the brochure, not on Princess.com?

You are looking at the Golden, not the Grand. The Golden is the only one with cabins on Sun deck 15 aft.

It is an oceanview; the Grand and Star are the only ships to have this particular layout, so if you're looking at a deck plan of the Golden, they're balconies.

OP, it's a fantastic upgrade because I believe that those cabins don't just have picture windows, I think they have floor-to-ceiling windows! I covet a cabin there but they're very pricey. Good for you, and if you can post some photos of 307 when you return, that would be lovely!

Have a great honeymoon and tell your husband that he can order two main meals every night if he isn't getting filled up with one. The portion sizes for the meals are relatively small so we have seen a number of guys do this. Sometimes they get two of the same thing and other times they diversfy and try two difference entrees. The waiters are used to it and won't even blink an eye.

Have a great honeymoon cruise.

We booked a gty balcony in mayand were just assigned lido 254 which is listed ba. We are on the emerald oct. 9- caribbean 10day. Quite happy with assignment.

Archived