First time to Bermuda and have some questions...

gracie3

This will be our first time going to Bermuda (have only been on one other cruise). We are going to be there Monday November 1st and leaving Tuesday November 2nd.

Not to bombard everyone with all my questions, I guess what I haven't noticed is what time does everything close? We dock at 11am on Monday, and I was thinking that we would hop on the ferry and go to Hamilton. I would like to browse around and see the sights there, but by the time we get there it would probably be between 12-1pm. How long do you normally spend there?? Were not planning on shopping but would like to browse some of the shops.

Then I was thinking from Hamilton we would hop the bus to St. Georges. Again, if everything closes at 5pm were really not going to be able to do anything at St. Georges.

The following day I was thinking would be the time to spend at Dockyard. We would do the rum cake factory, snorkle park, sea glass factory and browse the shops.

We leave Bermuda at 1pm, so I want to be back on the ship by 12 pm. I am hoping things open early?? I honestly feel like I can't plan anything because of the time frame were there and not knowing what time things normally open and close.

Thanks for any help that you can give me!!

In general, everything but restaurants and pubs will be closed by 5 or 6pm in both Hamilton and St. George's.

There is ferry service to both Hamilton and St. George's from the Dockyard. The ferry to Hamilton takes about 20 minutes. The St. George's trip is about 40 minutes. The service to and from Hamilton runs far more frequently, and far later into the evening, than the St. George's ferry.

There is also direct bus service from Dockyard to Hamilton. It will take close to an hour.

There is no direct bus service from Dockyard to St. George's. You have to take a bus or ferry to Hamilton and then a bus to St. Gerorge's. It is a long trip.

Shops in the Dockyard shoud be open early enough (probably 9:30 or 10am) on the morning of your departure for you to do some shopping.

From the Dockyard there are ferries the go to Hamilton (Blue Route, 20 minute ride) and go to St George (Orange Route, 40 minute ride).

I believe (but not certain) that most stores & shops, except at the Dockyard, close at 5:00P.

This is what I suggest.

There is an 11:30A ferry to SG; I don't think you can make that. So take the next ferry (Orange Route) at 2:00P to SG. While you are waiting for this ferry, have lunch and do a quick tour of the Dockyard.

Shopping at SG won't take too long, there are ferries to the Dockyard at 4:00P & 6:05P (last ferry). Be on one of them.

Next day, take the first ferry (Blue Route) you can get on that is going to Hamilton. Shop Hamilton but be on the 11:30A ferry (Blue Route) to get back to the Dockyard at 11:55A. There is also a ferry at noon which will get back for your departure.

BTW, there is a small Mall (Clocktower Mall) at the Dockyard.

SBtS

Archived