Silversea Panama Canal questions

SwissMyst

Am looking at Silversea for the first time and got directed to it when searching for a cruise ship that still had an Italian flair - and Silversea was recommended.

I do not typically cruise at this price or luxury level (a solid Holland America verandah/suite fan and other smaller unique itinerary ships) but wanted to think about a really special Panama Canal experience (Silversea Wind?), where being on board counted for as much of the enjoyment as the itinerary. We did Crystal once but won't be going back because we did not find it was all that great for the price.

Please tell me more about Silversea onboard as far as size cabins and dining experience, as well as public area viewing access going through the canal if we do not have a verandah room. The Silversea website does not have a lot of detail on these two topics. And is it "Italian" in mood, food and hospitality?

What is included in the "inclusive"?

Thank you.

I think you will be pleased with a Silversea Cruise. The Veranda Suite, which is the level I typically use, has a walk-in closet with a tall single stack of drawer space. The veranda has 2 chairs and a short table.

The suite is furnished with either 2 twin or together as a Queen. There is a couch and chair with a table that had an attachment in the closet for a true dining room table for two.

The desk is nice for work or emailing and there is a fridge. Our TV had been updated to a flat panel and I was able to commect my iPod Touch to watch movies. There is also a small dressing table with lighting to put on make-up. Oh, and there is a safe in the closet as well.

The batchroom has 2 sinks, a tub and a walk-in shower.

The all-inclusive include everything other than the Spa or very high end alcohol. The room had a housekeeper and a butler. They have always been very polite, helpful and a joyt to have around. We get chocolate covered strawberries each afternoon. Food is a highlight of the cruise. Special receast are welcomed and we have never been disappointed. There is 220V and 110V in the room as well.

Hope this helps. billp@shadowmax.com is my email if you have any questions. I am currently on the Silver Whisper.

Safe travels!

Bill Phelps

Search around the site and you will get LOTS of info. The bathrooms on the Wind and the Cloud are much smaller and only a shower in the tub. Not a problem for me but it is important to someone! You will enjoy your trip !

You really don't want to stay on your balcony during the transit, anyway....the canal is best viewed from all angles, deck levels, etc....you really need to wander about to really get the "feel" for this engineering feat!

Archived