CB Terrace Pool

PokrChick

I've tried searching but couldn't come up with an answer so hopefully someone can enlighten me! :o

Where exactly is the Terrace Pool on the Caribbean Princess? I can't find it on the deck plans at all. It's adult only, right? Thanks for your help!

The pool itself is technically on Riviera deck. You can access it by going out the aft doors on Aloha and walking up the short stairs. Or walking out Lido deck and waking down the short stairs.

Yes, it is an adults only pool. It's a great place to spend the day and watch the wake. Unless you are on my cruise then the main pool is better for you! (Seating is limited at the aft pool :D)

The Terrace Pool is located at the back of ship on decks 14 - 15, with access to the Sun Deck (on Deck 16). If you exit deck 14 at the back of the ship, you will arrive at the pool. This is a very relaxing, quiet area of the ship. I spent a few hours here nearly each afternoon of our 5/27 cruise.

Rick.

Thanks guys - Sound like the perfect place! We sail in 7 days - WOOHOO :D

ETA: Now that you told me to look on Riviera - it's suddenly incredibly easy to find! I glanced over that deck quickly thinking it was strictly cabins.

you will get an incredible view of the NYC skyline and Lady Liberty from that area. It's a really nice quiet place to relax (with no kids) and theres a bar right there too one little flight up. We are booked on the Rivera deck this July but more towards the Sanctuary this trip. Either place is awesome, one in the back (free) and one in the front ($$)

:)

you will get an incredible view of the NYC skyline and Lady Liberty from that area. It's a really nice quiet place to relax (with no kids) and theres a bar right there too one little flight up. We are booked on the Rivera deck this July but more towards the Sanctuary this trip. Either place is awesome, one in the back (free) and one in the front ($$)

:)

But remember ONLY the Sanctuary has a fee. The spa pool is free to use for adults only.

I loved the Terrace pool on the Emerald. On the CB, does the "handle" cause this area to be shaded?

Yes. You can clearly see that if you click on the photo link provided by janetz above. It's a huge drawback on the ships with this design feature, in my sun-loving opinion.

Yes. You can clearly see that if you click on the photo link provided by janetz above. It's a huge drawback on the ships with this design feature, in my sun-loving opinion.

And yet, I love that aspect. We usually start the day in a sunnier spot, but then head back there for some shade. You can always go one or two decks up and there is an area near Morgan's Bar that has a nice view of the wake and allows you some sun. I like this set up better than the Crown/Ruby/Emerald set-up in that Skywalkers takes up this deck space due to it being moved up further.

Either way, I just love being on the ship and would love to be on any of them right now. 33 more days until the CB!

The pool itself is technically on Riviera deck. You can access it by going out the aft doors on Aloha and walking up the short stairs. Or walking out Lido deck and waking down the short stairs.

The stairs are from Riviera, not Aloha.

cruise364.jpg

If you look at the first pic posted by A1A of the pool overlooking the wake, my lounger is the one on the far right in the corner. Great spot. However, one time when standing at the rail I happened to look right and down and saw an elferly man sitting on his balcony, stark naked. :eek:

Yes the pool is in the shade for the am and into early afternoon. The Sun shines brightly around 3.

Enjoy, its a great spot. When your docked with a ship behind you those cruisers are so jealous looking at that pool! :p

You are right! I was thinking of the pre-CB grand class ships. After I wrote it, I was thinking that the Riviera deck must be REALLy tiny! :D

The ships do tend to blend together after a while LOL. We stayed in A746 on Sapphire, which is the aft balcony right inside the door from the Terrace Pool. Great location. Too bad it took them until the Ruby to put balconies on those 4 aft cabins surrounding the Terrace Pool again.

Is it just me, or did the Terrace Pool seem to be a magnet for smokers? It was the only place I saw them en masse. Or is it the only legal smoking area?

The Terrace Pool does attract smokers such as myself. They used to advertise that even cigar smoking was allowed back there, but I don't think that is still the case. I go there as I know there are no kids, there are ashtrays, there is a bar, and it is as far aft you can get. I do make sure nobody is near me when I light up. I often even put my cigarette out if someone comes near me or I ask if they mind if I'm smoking.

If I remember correctly, smoking is allowed on the deck above the pool where the bar is, at the railing? Not around the pool.

That is correct, and only on the Starboard side.

Archived