Would you miss the Royal Promenade

I would maybe miss it a little, but don't think it would be a big deal. I am a bit confused by some of the anti-promenade comments, though. Finished basement? Dark and clostrophobic? Seriously? It has always been pretty brightly lit, open and with a several stories high "ceiling."

I struggled to decide on the southern Caribbean cruise I took recently. I'd been on Adventure (Voyager class) before and LOVED it. But I preferred the Serenade itinerary. Would I miss the Promenade? Would I miss the parades? Would I miss the ice show?

Keeping in mind that Serenade is a very port-intensive cruise, I decided to go for the itinerary and take my chances.

I loved Serenade. I still love the Voyager Class for all those things I mentioned, but I now understand why the Serenade has such a LOYAL and PASSIONATE fan base. It's a GREAT size with AWESOME service and a luxury feel.

People who THINK they would be disappointed by a smaller ship may find themselves surprised. I sure was!

You'll see I've booked ANOTHER cruise on Serenade for 2012. I can't wait to go back!!

If I sail on a ship & there is a promenade fine but would not let it hold me back from another ship that does not have it. It is not a deal breaker for me. The promenade is what it is great for the parades, cafe, & getting from one end of the ship to the other that's it.

Absolutely. We sailed Liberty, then went on Majesty, and really missed it. We just got off Oasis, and after that, I don't think we're going to go on a ship without it. We appreciate everything they have to offer and don't think we'll be going back to smaller ships.

I admit that I will miss the Café Promenade on my B2B Serenade cruises next year. I am a coffee addict and love that place. :D

But, I want to do those Serenade itineraries so I will have to do without it for those cruises.

We bounce back and forth between different ships depending on the itineraries, not just the Promenades. ;)

I do love the Promenades though.

I hate Royal Promenade. There's nothing about this space that attracts me at all and when I sail on the larger ships, I try to avoid this area like the plaugue. It get way too crowded which makes it difficult to walk from one end of the ship to the other without feeling like a salmon swimming upstream. I also don't care for the lack of windows and in general I'm not a fan of the Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships.. Give me Radiance or Vision class any day.

When on freedom, I only found the promenade to be crowded during the parade. Other than that, it was no more crowded than any other part of the ship. With that said, I only used the cafe, and the pizza place. I'm excited for Serenade though, and have heard that the Seaview Cafe is great... so that should fill any void left.

I loathe the Royal Promenade concept, so nope, don't miss it at all.

Close to how my DH feels about it. I don't mind it, but he dislikes the Promenade. He thinks in the evening it's a terrible waste of time to try to go through it. I liked it on the Mariner and the Indy, but I love all the ships. Mixing up the styles is part of what keeps it interesting to me.

I must be dating ourselves.......because the promanade reminds us of Las Vegas.

When we sail, we love to see the ocean all around us, and the Radiance Class ships have provided us that opportunity. We love that class of ship.:)

We "put up" with the promanade........but outside of just walking it, we do not use any of the shops or bars.

Rick

My late husband and I sailed the Serenade twice and the Radiance once, and loved those ships. We didn't miss the Royal Promenade one bit.

Things have changed since I'm widowed now and cruise solo. I now enjoy the Royal Promenade more, as I can go there, have a cup of coffee or a drink, and people watch. Sooner or later I'll run into someone I've met before.

We are trying to decide between the Seranade and the Freedom and know that Seranade does not have the Royal Promenade. We have sailed Celebrity and Princess and are very excited to try RC. We love the itinerary of the Seranade but we are thinking there would be more entertainment on the Freedom since the Seranade is so port intensive.

So for someone new to RC please help me out and tell me what that Royal Promende is all about?? Maybe like the atruim on Princess?? Thanks!

We sailed Serenade after several Voyager class sailings and I was worried that we would miss the Promenade... and we DID. There are things that I prefer about the Radiance class but we love the Promenade. I usually take my parents along when we cruise and my mother does not want to go on any ship that doesn't have a Royal Promenade.

Archived