A little humor

My mother and I went to the floral demo on the Veendam. On our way back to her cabin, we stopped to admire an arrangement on the Art Director's desk. He came over to the desk and said, "that is not for sale"

:rolleyes::D

I was trying my hardest to contain my laughter.

Laura

[/b]Were his flowers fresh or silk? Maybe he has the same arrangement sitting there for weeks. :D [/b]

They were fresh flowers, they are changed at least once a week depending on the type of flowers. Typically they are changed on Wednesday on the Veendam and 6000 fresh flowers come aboard in NYC. The florist was very nice and did some really neat arrangements.

Thanks.

I wasn't clear. I meant specifically the Art Director's flowers. :D The flowers which are the subject of the humor?

I assume you are referencing the Art Auctioneer?

Thanks.

I wasn't clear. I meant specifically the Art Director's flowers. :D The flowers which are the subject of the humor?

I assume you are referencing the Art Auctioneer?

Yes-he's refered to as the Art Director now.."Degas" is his name. The flowers in the arrangement on his desk were fresh flowers. The arrangement was similar to one the florist had just demonstrated.

What's even funnier is that there was no hello, can I help you?, etc. It was just "that is not for sale". He automatically assumed we wanted to buy the arrangement..hmm the more I think about this, I really wonder just how many people ask to buy the live floral arrangement...

Laura

Thanks, Laura.

Yes, does make you wonder if a number of folks have asked to purchase his flowers. :)

HAL's florists do a beautiful job. Some that have recently joined the ships are very, very creative. In recent months, we've seen some fabulous work on Westerdan, Eurodam, Noordam and Maasdam. That is one of the things I care about a lot on HAL ships.

Thanks, Laura.

Yes, does make you wonder if a number of folks have asked to purchase his flowers. :)

HAL's florists do a beautiful job. Some that have recently joined the ships are very, very creative. In recent months, we've seen some fabulous work on Westerdan, Eurodam, Noordam and Maasdam. That is one of the things I care about a lot on HAL ships.

Apparently the florists have a standard list of what to present in their arrangements. They like when other flowers have to be substituted..that is when they can deviate from the norm and be more creative!

Laura

That's interesting.

I pay attention to the floral arrangements when we are aboard and I hadn't noticed that arrangements on one ship closely resembled those on another. :confused: Noordam and Westerdam, in particular, had fabulous presentations. Maasdam's were lovely though I noticed some were not as large as they used to be. I'd rather creative and well done than huge. ;) Lots of fresh flowers on Eurodam but I seem to recall we also saw some that seemed to be silk.

The flower arrangements on Zaandam in May were some of the best I've ever seen on a HAL ship: huge, colorful, fresh and absolutely beautiful. I made sure I included kudos to the floral arranger in my comments. HAL's flowers are one of the features that have kept us loyal.

My mother and I went to the floral demo on the Veendam. On our way back to her cabin, we stopped to admire an arrangement on the Art Director's desk. He came over to the desk and said, "that is not for sale"

:rolleyes::D

I was trying my hardest to contain my laughter.

Laura

They start by saying that... but if you make an offer then that will start the process. Tip... bid low :D

(obviously more humor)

OUCH!!!!!;)

Stephen

Stephen:

You are all over these posts. What exactly is your job? If you are a "jack of all trades" would you do me a favor and locate someone for me. He was my driver 5 years ago and I want to know if he is still in the business. I'm coming July 25th. Thanx. Janet

Archived