Chair Hogs

Frassy

I just hope that folks who can't find lounge chairs, don't take up the tables on the Lido deck. I will be very upset if I want to sit and eat, and find towels, beach bags, books, etc there and nobody is there!

Where do you think all of us wait for a lounge chair to sit in. I truly am sorry that I am taking up a table but what is my recourse. To be honest - if I see someone with a tray looking for a place to sit I will offer them my table and move off to the side but never leave totally. I wonder if they think I am a perv or something. But I will reclaim the table after they leave.

My simple rule of thumb. If the chair, does not have a warm body in it, it's available. I have and never have had any issue with tossing the towels, on another chair. I see no need to tell a pool attendant, or no need to return the towels. Sometimes I just put the towels, under the chair I'm using! If someone returns, and claims the chair, I simply ask them to prove it.

So you don't think someone who's sunning can take a swim break, a pee break, a lunch break....... You're COLD

I'm in favor of there being no seats "saved" at all. If a person isn't actually in a seat' date=' it's up for grabs, regardless of what junk may have been put on it. The assumption would be that the previous chair occupant just forgot their stuff and that the stuff needs to go to lost and found... or on the deck under the chair.

Generally, it seems like half or more of all the loungers are empty ( of actual people) the majority of each day. If people knew that their stuff would automatically be removed and the chair occupied, they would stop leaving it on the chairs because it's a pain to have to try to find it.

If people take their stuff with them when they leave the pool area, no matter for how long, then all those chairs would be available and when they return to the pool there would always be other chairs available, too. Demanding that others be inconvenienced because your group of ten or more demands to be seated together (just in case they decide to come to the pool area) is the ultimate in selfishness and rudeness.

I also love the way the chair hogs say that they just "run" or "dash" or "dart" to the buffet for lunch, or to their rooms for naps. It's like the dining room slobs saying that they always wear "nice" cut off jean shorts and wife-beaters to the dining room.:)

It's all so self-serving and so "ME! ME! ME!" that it makes one want to weep with sadness. :([/quote']

So it's your opinion that I must remove all of my belongings to go take a pee, get a beverage or a quick dip in the pool???????? You are WRONG

What you say makes perfect sense to me. If everyone took their stuff with them everytime they got up, there would always be chairs available (at least in theory). Yet, you will find that most people think this shouldn't be applied as a blanket rule across the board. I started a thread about chair hogs and somewhere in my original post I suggested that even if you got up to take a dip in the pool your chair should be up for the grabs. Well you should have seen the insults, threats and backlash I got for suggesting that! I still personally think that the chairs are for lounging and it you want to swim, eat, nap (unless it's in your lounge chair), etc. you need to relinquish your chair. Of course the only exception should be for restroom breaks or a quick trip to the bar ON DECK (not going back to your room to mix up a cocktail).

Maybe I should just bring my own pee bucket so I don't have to leave my chair????

Archived