Breakfast in BLU

I&J Cruisers

This past January we sailed on Solstice and had one of the best cruises ever. We were in Aqua Class and absolutely loved BLU. The dinners were wonderful, the service was terrific and we loved the breakfasts in that venue. We are booked on Eclipse this coming December. I noticed in the latest brochure that in the description of BLU it now says, "complementary continental breakfast". Does that mean they no longer serve a full breakfast in BLU? Has anyone recently come off a Solstice class ship that can clarify that? I'll be very disappointed if that is the case.

Irene

Rest assured, still a fantastic breakfast on Eclipse!

From memory! cereals, muesli, danish, pancake, ommlette with many additions, fritttata, english bacon, crispy bacon, eggs anyway you want them, toast, fruit, cheeses, fruit juices, smoothies, teas and their wonderful coffee.

Eat as much as you like, take as long as you like, it was bliss.

Richard

We just got off Solstice on Sunday and I am pleased to tell you that the breakfast in Blu was wonderful. There was meusli prepared tableside (yummy), omelettes, smoothies, yogurt parfaits, etc. One day I felt like having hot oatmeal, and although it wasn't on the menu, there was no problem getting it.

Ok... so say one does not want to go to Blu for breakfast....what are the in-cabin options? We really like the CC breakfast menu. Is that menu available for in-cabin...if not what in-cabin menu is for cabin service for breakfast with AQ. Thx.

Ok... so say one does not want to go to Blu for breakfast....what are the in-cabin options? We really like the CC breakfast menu. Is that menu available for in-cabin...if not what in-cabin menu is for cabin service for breakfast with AQ. Thx.

AQ passengers have the same breakfast options that all other passengers do plus being able to dine in Blu. The room service menu is an enhanced version of what other cabins can have with some very good items that are not available to others.

Thanks to everyone that posted. Richard, I'm glad to hear that they are still doing full breakfasts in BLU. Hopefully that will continue. I wonder if they are planning a change or did they slip that in to see if there would be a negative response. I'd really hate to see that benefit go. We so enjoyed the breakfasts in BLU. I think it may have been the first time that we ate breakfast in other than the buffet except the last morning. Hi Gracie, nice to see you on line. Do you have another cruise booked yet?

Irene

Since everyone says they will try to accommodate almost anything I was hoping to get a vegetarian eggs benedict (actually just poached eggs with hollandaise). Does anyone have an idea if they'll do that?

(If not it's room service or MDR for me I guess)

Hi Gracie, nice to see you on line. Do you have another cruise booked yet?

Irene

HI Irene-

Hope all is well with you...I see you're booked on the Eclipse this December...we're going to be on her just a few weeks earlier on a short 3 day cruise 11/17 and then we have booked a 12 night med cruise for 9/15/11 on the brand new Silhouette.....have never been to Europe and are so excited even though it's still over a year away!! :D

From memory, the menu on Eclipse up to 1 June included:

- vanilla or blueberry pancakes

- French toast with berries

- Fritatta

- Omelettes

- Smoked salmon plate

- Cold meats

- Cheese and charcuterie plate

- Sides including crispy bacon, English bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, even baked beans. Cooked breakfasts automatically come with potatoes and asparagus.

My favourites were the yoghurt parfaits and the museli - somehow I can't make it taste the same back home!

Gracie

You'll love the med cruise. Did one a couple of years ago, it was incredible. DH didn't really want to do it, he agreed because I wanted to do it. Afterward he said, " this was much more spectacular than I thought it would be. I don't knowif youi'll see this , but Enjoy.

Irene

Irene-

I saw it, thanks for the encouragement!! I can't wait and in my case my DH is as excited as I am...it has always been his dream to see the pyramids and since this sailing stops in Alexandria for 36 hours we will be able to do that!!

Gracie

Since everyone says they will try to accommodate almost anything I was hoping to get a vegetarian eggs benedict (actually just poached eggs with hollandaise). Does anyone have an idea if they'll do that?

Very interesting choice. I often, at home, prepare poached eggs over grits with spicy salsa on top. I have also prepared eggs Benedict; and, I may, in the future, prepare it without the Canadian bacon, but with the muffin, and, of course, the hollandaise. Additionally, I always place fresh basil in the bottom of the cups for the poached egges.

Jack - For a culinary change: Place it chiffonade on top of the Hollandaise at the end and let it garnish the Benedict and infuse the sauce with color and scent. Fresh and clean its a deep and wonderful flavor.

Do you mean place the basil on top of the Hollandaise, which has been placed on top of the poached egg?

Very interesting choice. I often, at home, prepare poached eggs over grits with spicy salsa on top. I have also prepared eggs Benedict; and, I may, in the future, prepare it without the Canadian bacon, but with the muffin, and, of course, the hollandaise. Additionally, I always place fresh basil in the bottom of the cups for the poached egges.

We're vegetarians. :) The muffin would be fine and I've had it with spinach or lox instead of bacon but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and would be happy with just the eggs and the hollandaise.

The basil sounds good also!

We're vegetarians. :) The muffin would be fine and I've had it with spinach or lox instead of bacon but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and would be happy with just the eggs and the hollandaise.

The basil sounds good also!

I am not a vegetarian, but the smoke salmon sounds good. As a matter of fact, I usually have poached eggs every other day, either with Pacific Basa fish, salmon, or bacon.

I just got off the Equinox and LOVED Blu!!

Just so you know...on Blu's menu, it's broken into sections...one of the sections is titled "Continental Breakfast" so that you can get that "type" of breakfast if you want, but of course the entire menu is available as well.

Archived