Looking for a existing group cruise

Rhitson88

Hello, do not know how successful this will be but I have seen around the internet people with pre existing groups looking to fill a few open spots. Unfortunately those spots were just a bit over priced for me. Does anyone know where I would go to find one of these groups? It would be me, my girlfreind, and our daughter. Obviously not looking to share a stateroom with anyone so it would have to be an open spot with a stateroom. Please someone help me out. Or if you have a group now and could use a few more people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Hello, do not know how successful this will be but I have seen around the internet people with pre existing groups looking to fill a few open spots. Unfortunately those spots were just a bit over priced for me. Does anyone know where I would go to find one of these groups? It would be me, my girlfreind, and our daughter. Obviously not looking to share a stateroom with anyone so it would have to be an open spot with a stateroom. Please someone help me out. Or if you have a group now and could use a few more people, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

I have found better pricing with a good discount TA that has group pricing through a larger agency. In other words, not with a particular group but an agent that has blocks of cabins held for sale.

I have never found a private group that offered pricing lower than I could find on my own, in fact, a group cruise, sometimes because of perks offered, are many times more expensive.

On another website I belonged to there was a large group cruise once. After pricing this cruise with and without joining the group, my price booking without the group was much less than what they were offering.

Do your homework and contact several discount agents, I would bet you will find you receive a much greater savings that way. Good Luck!

Any suggestions Toto? I wouldn't even know where to start. The internets a large place and I am only 22 lol.

Sorry, we aren't allowed to suggest TA's or agencies here (per CC guidelines and rules). Just start checking large and small online websites, it is the best advice I can give you. Even some of those that advertise here on CC would be a good place to begin. Check the Princess price before you look around, so you know when you are receiving a better price than princess can offer. And also check to make sure that where you book doesn't charge fees like change fees, booking fees, cancellation fees, etc. Again, good luck!

Looking now but there doesnt seem to be anything. And the rates I have seen are lik $800 a pop. Like really? Thats a savings?

Rhitson, there is not a simple or quick solution to finding a TA that discount prices. It can take some time and a lot of effort if you are looking to save on booking a cruise. Don't expect to find that perfect discount TA overnite, some of us looked for many months or years before we located one that offered the lower pricing and other things we wanted.

I noticed the other day that suddenly, the Emerald is selling really well. That's probably the reason for the higher prices.

Group pricing will sometimes get you lower rates - it depends on a lot of factors. If the cruise line offers Flash Rates, then these are usually better than group rates (again, depending on a few factors). Only a TA will be able to offer you the Flash Promos, so do some shopping around.

Do an internet search for "discount cruises" or something like that and see what pops up. There is still group space available and at a much lower price than $800pp, but we can't recommend TAs here, sorry.

JUst go to google inter cheap cruises you will get plenty of places to look at

I noticed the other day that suddenly, the Emerald is selling really well. That's probably the reason for the higher prices.

For when?

The Emerald sales for the Carib this summer are slooooow.

They are having a hard time filling her.

For when?

The Emerald sales for the Carib this summer are slooooow.

They are having a hard time filling her.

That's what I thought until I looked at July 11th and other Eastern itineraries and suddenly, instead of being wide open with availability like it was just recently, it is starting to fill up! The prices sure are tempting.

That's what I thought until I looked at July 11th and other Eastern itineraries and suddenly, instead of being wide open with availability like it was just recently, it is starting to fill up! The prices sure are tempting.

Yes the prices have dropped so they can fill er up. :D

If one can afford to wait and book a month or so out it sure helps.

Through an online discount TA that advertises on Cruise Critic, for my upcoming cruise to Hawaii, I managed to save over $1100 (I booked an oceanview obstructed guarantee, I received a DD unobstructed ocean view)... So, in order to save money, I would suggest booking a guarantee cabin through a discount online TA. It certainly worked for me! :) Good luck!

Archived