AARP Magazine- Class action suit against Carnival

blyle

Try this: http://www.aarp.org/travel/cruises/info-06-2010/can_travelers_take_a_grievance_to_court.html

Or just go the aarp website , click on aarp magazine and then search carnival cruise lines class action suit.

Intereting article. The passengers want a refund because the Mexican ports were canceled after the US Government issued a travel warning to Mexico after the ship set sail. How is Carnival to blame for this?

I assume the passengers would not sue Carnival if theu went to Mexico and they caught the Swine Flu.

Does anyone have links to their reviews on these trouble cruises?

The cruise date was 4/26/09 and there is a thread here on the roll call board. Everyone was upset until Carnival issed the 2 for 1 cruise letter. Things settle down after that.

I believe what that got was fair. These people are just jerks looking for something for nothing. I really have no sympathy. The only people that will get anything are the lawyers involved. AARP should stay out of it. The whole thing is just stupid. I guess they need more money for retirement and this is their way to get it?? I will continue to sail Carnival and support them. When you cruise, crap can happen. This was out of Carnival's control.:eek:

I believe what that got was fair. These people are just jerks looking for something for nothing. I really have no sympathy. The only people that will get anything are the lawyers involved. AARP should stay out of it. The whole thing is just stupid. I guess they need more money for retirement and this is their way to get it?? I will continue to sail Carnival and support them. When you cruise, crap can happen. This was out of Carnival's control.:eek:

Although I don't know the personal circumstances of the couple who are suing, I don't think a class action (representing all on the ship) is necessary. This just puts people on the "me too" train and as you all have stated the lawyers win! Personally, I live in Long Beach, so didn't have the expense of the flights etc., but it wasn't like the cruise was cancelled, we still ate, drank, had entertainment for a week. The only thing missing was the 3 expected ports which were not Carnival's fault. Those that had a mind set to have a good time, I bet had a great time. Those that didn't, probably wouldn't have anyway.

Happy cruisen

Chris

We were on that cruise too. Honestly, when they announced the change, there was almost a riot on the ship.

CCL offered all of us great compensation if we wanted to get off in Long Beach. We had to get off early as we had recieved news that our DS had been taken to urgent care with the flu.

While i was waiting in the LONG line at the purser's desk, CCL had to have security standing around. I mean people were yelling !

CCL gave us a great deal on a future cruise, which we used in April. We have no complaints, although people in our group had flown from New Zealand for this cruise.

When you print your documents, you have to check the box where it says that you have read and agreed to the contract.

Pat

Archived