AARP Magazine- Class action suit against Carnival

blyle

In my AARP magazine it mentions a class action suit filed regarding the ill fated Carnival Splendor Swine Flu cruise which I was on. The couple lost the first round but they are appealing and AARP got into it based on so many seniors on cruises . We all received a great 2 for 1 deal from that cruise and I thought it was over. Did anyone else see the article?

I'm pretty sure they're out of luck...I've read the cruise contract multiple time, and I'm no lawyer, but they word it pretty well so that they have no liability if you get sick/hurt. I think that 2 for 1 is more than enough compensation if you ask me. JMHO :)

Looked on the aarp site and couldn't find. Did find a woman claiming she fell on a wet AFT pool deck. AARP was on Carnival's side for that one. Saying the pools decks are usually wet lol.

Read the piece this am. We had a suite for the 1st time, because they did thier best to make it right. Plus we got to sail in under the SF bridge which was fantastic. My take was everyone thinks there is a pot of gold attached to an attorney's arm.

We were part of the cruises during the swine flu headache and were treated quite fairly by Carnival. Nothing Carnival did caused the problem and still they treated us quite fairly with credit and re cruising. I say, let it be over with.

We were part of the cruises during the swine flu headache and were treated quite fairly by Carnival. Nothing Carnival did caused the problem and still they treated us quite fairly with credit and re cruising. I say, let it be over with.
I got the deal from carnival also...what do they want? a three for one deal???? I thought the 1/2 off my next cruise was way more than enough from carnival..

I got the deal from carnival also...what do they want? a three for one deal???? I thought the 1/2 off my next cruise was way more than enough from carnival..

Maybe they want a free cruise and forgot to ask John.

It is a lost cause cause considering all cruise lines stopped going there for a period of time and just about any country that has citizens that travel to Mexico said DON'T GO!!! It came from the highest level in each country and that the cruise lines are going to abide by that and not put their passengers at any risk considering how fast a virus floats around a ship!

Read the piece this am. We had a suite for the 1st time, because they did thier best to make it right. Plus we got to sail in under the SF bridge which was fantastic. My take was everyone thinks there is a pot of gold attached to an attorney's arm.

There is a pot of gold attached to the attorney's arm, and he KEEPS it!!:D

The arm and the gold!

There is a pot of gold attached to the attorney's arm, and he KEEPS it!!:D

The arm and the gold!

Pretty much. Class actions are great for generating revenue fir lawfirms but not much else. After the not inconsiderable legal fees are paid out of the judgment, the pot is usually around 40-20% to be paid out equally to the folks who joined the suit.

The key to that statement is that the pot of gold is ATTACHED to the ATTORNEY's arm.

I knew that someone on the ship was getting names and addresses during our Swine Flu h1n1 cruise and I knew they would do something. While on the cruise I was standing n the concierge line and had on a Blue CC LANYARD. I was helping a elderly lady who was told if she stood in line she would get a refund. I was explaining it was not true and a mob came over and said to her "Don't listen to her she works for Carnival". They mistook my blue lanyard for a carnival employee lanyard because I put my S&S card on the ring. There is a You tube clip of the guy starting the chant "We want a free cruise". He even tried to get it going in the theatre. Carnival let off a bunch of passengers in Long Beach and then closed the door and opened the bars and off we went to San Francisco!!!

Carnival did the best they could and I'm glad. I also enjoyed the once in a lifetime sail under the Golden Gate . We actually stayed onboard for the next cruise and took a back to back with about 1500 others. It was fantastic. I understand the disappointment but they did their best.

Let's see...

Isn't this a case of suing the wrong people....Wasn't it if I remember right a case of the US Gov. saying "Don't go to Mexico" because some peoople in Mexico City died from the swine flu ????

My cruise on the Glory that week got changed from western to eastern Carib. with a port dropped. I got twenty bucks and I'm not suing.....

Back though to why Carnival and other cruiselines or US airlines didn't go there.....Did or did not the US Gov. say.....DON'T GO THERE YOU MIGHT DIE OR INFECT EVERYONE ELSE IN THE US AND WE'LL ALL DIE......

Honest though...They weren't being alarmests....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh yes....Ron Pass's theme song for the Splendor to San Fran "Swine Flu" cruise....

Very funny......It is obvious some eople still try to make the best of times no matter what happens....

The real issue with the Swine flu cruise was "NO warm ports" only a stop at Long Beach to let off those who wanted to leave and then a stop in SAN FRANCISCO in the pouring rain. I don't remember much sun and there was a day with rough seas for a while. I had dramamine, a jacket and bought a $1 rain poncho. We took the city tour and afterward ate at our favorite restaurant SCOMAs. I take a few cruises a year so it was not my only vacation and that is why I wasn't too upset. For others it was their only vacation and understandably they were much more disappointed! But the 2 for 1 offer good anytime , any ship for 7 days was a great deal!!!!

In my AARP magazine it mentions a class action suit filed regarding the ill fated Carnival Splendor Swine Flu cruise which I was on. The couple lost the first round but they are appealing and AARP got into it based on so many seniors on cruises . We all received a great 2 for 1 deal from that cruise and I thought it was over. Did anyone else see the article?

Nope, cancelled my AARP membership when they backed the new Health Care program.:(

Nope, cancelled my AARP membership when they backed the new Health Care program.:(

OMG!!! Don't mention that subject.

I am tired of dealing with patients nearly every day who want to know about their "free healthcare".:eek: You think people get snarky over saved deck chairs? Try telling them that there isn't a "free healthcare" program and they start screaming that they know there is because Obama told them so.:rolleyes:

Archived