Voyager class aft vs hump balconies

Just booked a voyager class hump balcony on the navigator for next June but have been now reading conflicting accounts of what the balcony can hold. Was first led to believe that one of the pluses of the hump balcony was that it was larger than the standard balcony and could hold more furniture. We are traveling in adjoining cabins with another couple and like to spend time together playing cards and enjoying a drink (or multiples!). With 2 sea days on our itinerary, a balcony that we can enjoy is almost like having a 2 day reservation in the Sanctuary on Princess, and we wouldn't have to fit the chair hogs. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of what we will have for size on the Voyager class hump balconies? I know that the Aft are obviously bigger, but also about $150 more per cabin. This is going to already be a pricey trip and I'm looking to spend wisely when possible, and I'm not sure another $150 for a larger balcony will cut it if ours will serve the purpose we would like to use it for.

Hopefully I won't face to much heat for bumping this to the top to see if it will solicit a response before it drops to page 2. Board is very active and it was dropping like a rock with no help.

The price on the aft balconies should be the same as the hump balconies as long as they are the same catagory. A D1 hump is the same price as a D1 Aft.

It all depends on what catagory room you have.

Here are a couple sites that might interest you.

http://www.***** gives pictures of the actual rooms (remember to look at other ships in the same class, navigator, voyager, adventure, explorer and mariner are all the same room layouts)

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php# good site to see deckplans

The price on the aft balconies should be the same as the hump balconies as long as they are the same catagory. A D1 hump is the same price as a D1 Aft.

We have an E2 hump cabin and I think the aft ones I was looking at are E1. There are no E2 on the aft, I believe, so if we decided to go aft it would be upgrading balcony catagory

I don't doubt that, but what I am trying to find out, is if the balcony, for this sailing seeing how as we are traveling with another party, is big enough for the 4 of us to enjoy together. I KNOW the aft ones are, but I don't have info on the hump balconies and before I ask the other party to pay $150 to play cards, I want to know that we can or can't fit on the Hump balconies.

On Voyager and Freedom class, the hump location doesn't mean a larger balcony. There's only room for 2 chairs and a small patio table, especially in the E catagory. It's only the Radiance class that has a few "hump" cabins with deeper balconies.

Aft cabins have the deepest balconies and could easily seat 4.

You will not have room for your planned card games. Just too crowded, my advice would be for you to upgrade to E1 aft if any are left. We had 10 people on ours one evening. But realistically, 4 people would have a very roomy area. The tables are very small though! but you do have 2 chairs and two of the folding loungers.

We would probably do a corner and the one next to it. Are the ones next to the corner quite a bit larger than a standard balcony also? I would have a problem asking them to pay to upgrade and then having only one of the cabins having a balcony that was worth upgrading for.

Your best bet and price for the size would be E1 aft corners on deck 7. 7688 and the opposite corner (don't remember the number). They have the circular cut out which gives you a view to the side as well as aft and they are approx. 10 x 15 Mariner had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a couple of small side tables.

We would probably do a corner and the one next to it. Are the ones next to the corner quite a bit larger than a standard balcony also? I would have a problem asking them to pay to upgrade and then having only one of the cabins having a balcony that was worth upgrading for.

Yes the cabin next to the corner does have a larger balcony (deeper) than the sides and is just as deep as the corner balcony.

• 1 month later...

I have not seen a hump balcony that is going to be big enough for a card party of 4. You cant seat people all around a table as the balcony will be too narrow I think.

If you want to really enjoy spending time on your balcony, you need to go for the Aft. I can personally recommend #9690 - Aft Corner on the Navigator...plenty of room for 3 chaise lounges and 2 extra tables...you can ask for a larger table and chairs to replace the chaises for your card game if your room steward can round that up for you.

If all else fails, you can always find a great table up on the pool deck for your card game where the cocktails are a few steps away! ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived