"Lite" Mocktails?

leavitt1

I am leaving on the CB in three weeks (woohoo!!! :D) and am contemplating the ultimate card. Does anyone know if Princess offers any low calorie mocktails? I like the idea of the card, but unlimited high calorie drinks could be very dangerous if there are no low calorie alternatives. Also, are there any diet soda options other than diet coke like diet ginger ale or diet root beer?

Thanks,

Michelle

I believe it includes smoothies. I had a few smoothies last year and one I remember used a fresh banana and some bottled juices. I'm not sure if there were any other high calorie ingredients in there. There are a few smoothie choices and I remember a couple were very sweet and I didn't see fresh fruit added, so it may have been more like a virgin mocktail.

I'd love to hear some from people with experience as well.

Diet Coke is the only diet soda I've ever seen onboard, excepting club soda. They do have iced tea available 24/7 in the buffet, which is of course calorie-free! But if you want to have some other kind of diet soda, you'll have to bring it onboard with you -- which is perfectly allowable.

Diet Coke is the only diet soda I've ever seen onboard, excepting club soda. They do have iced tea available 24/7 in the buffet, which is of course calorie-free! But if you want to have some other kind of diet soda, you'll have to bring it onboard with you -- which is perfectly allowable.

Some ships also have Diet Sprite (Sprite Zero)

I used to drink a can of diet coke a day until I did some reading on whats in it. I would suggets the Iced Tea or Water with lemon if you want to save calories. Here is an excerpt from an article abot the sweetner in Diet Sodas.

Curious to know more about why the FDA's Board of Inquiry had such a big problem with aspartame, I did some research. I found out that with continued use, aspartame has very slow, long-term, damaging effects on human beings. It may take one year, five years, ten years, even forty years, but the evidence is pretty clear -- use aspartame and damage your body. And we're talking about damage that is sometimes reversible, but sometimes not. The truth of the matter is aspartame was never and cannot be proven to be safe, nor can it be an effective diet aid since the formaldehyde it produces stores up in the body's fat cells, making matters worse. Even the National Soft Drink Association presented a 30 page protest in the 1980's that stated aspartame was unstable, and that it depleted serotonin ('C10H12N2O' -- an organic compound formed from tryptophan and found in animal and human tissue, especially the brain), the vey component that gave their diet-conscious customers the "full feeling" that they were looking for.

Archived