Carnival Mashed Potatoes

shsabres

I am trying to see if anybody knows where I can find a recipe for the mashed pototoes on Carnival. Everytime I go I devour their mashed potatoes and want to tray and replicate them at home. Any help is appreciated!

Really??? I never ate more than a spoonfull of them. ..uck. hahahahha just goes to show you how different tastes are.

Hahaha, my wife and a buddy that cruised with us all loved them too..I used to order them every night!!! Maybe it was just a Carnival Glory thing, because they were really good!!

I am trying to see if anybody knows where I can find a recipe for the mashed pototoes on Carnival. Everytime I go I devour their mashed potatoes and want to tray and replicate them at home. Any help is appreciated!

Just get a box of Hungry Jack. Tastes about the same to me....bland!:cool:

Dont look at recipe. You will see the tons of butter that go into it and than realize how unhealthy it is.

Hard to eat wcmc after i saw that recipe.

During the "Chef's Table" on the Dream, the chef said that they use one pound of real butter per pound of potatoes. Unbelievable!!

During the "Chef's Table" on the Dream, the chef said that they use one pound of real butter per pound of potatoes. Unbelievable!!

O I would believe it!! They taste like they have whipping cream in them too!!

When I do mashed at home, I just mix in a cut up half stick of butter with the boiled [red] spuds. No milk or cream, just butter [+s&p]. And mash with a masher, not a hand or stand mixer, they make the potatoes mushy.

I've never found Carnival mashed to be remarkable. Means they are not bad but are just there to me.

When we make them we use potato flakes and add water and cheese and some spices and they are very good.

See no reason to add tons of butter to it.

Fancy restaurants seem to want to kill their customers off.

When we make them we use potato flakes and add water and cheese and some spices and they are very good.

See no reason to add tons of butter to it.

Fancy restaurants seem to want to kill their customers off.

Got an axe to grind:confused:

We have been on 5 cruises and all 5 have had delicious mashed potatoes! We order them every night and on the last cruise (Triumph) the waiter just brought 6-8 extra ones each night. My kids love them and the mac&cheese. That was their starters. I must be related to Paula Deen because I love butter!:D:o

They're just mashed potatoes. I've been making them my entire life and dont' use anywhere near 1lb of butter per lb of potatoes and I use 1% milk, and my family loves them. It's kind of hard to screw up mashed potatoes but you don't need to use cream and lots of butter.

Got an axe to grind:confused:

Not at all.

Just think that many restaurants make their food very unhealthy with tons of added fat and salt.

Why do makers of soups add so much salt to their product? Not doing their customers any favors are they?

That is my opinion and sticking to it.

But not to worry, under the new health care bill the govt will soon be telling us how much salt and fat we can have with our meals.

All the more reason to cruise on a foreign flagged vessel - and I'm not talking about the Richard Simmons' cruise.

Not many people cruise to lose weight.

But not to worry, under the new health care bill the govt will soon be telling us how much salt and fat we can have with our meals.

Do you sweat lemon juice or something? Or are you just unable to keep your political vitriol and bitterness off of a cruise board?

Dont look at recipe. You will see the tons of butter that go into it and than realize how unhealthy it is.

Hard to eat wcmc after i saw that recipe.

Yes, but butter comes from cows' milk, and cows eat grain... thus, it must be healthy! :D

Archived