How often do Menus and Shows change?

I've seen where people have posted up copies of menus and the daily compass for many of the ships. I'm just wondering how often do the Menu's change? If anyone knows this random bit of trivia it would be someone here!

Also what about the shows? We are going on Freedom in May and I've read good reviews of the shows, etc. Just wondering if they change it up every so often.

The menu changes very little, each ship may have a couple of little things they do, how ever we have found very little changes in the past 5 years or so. We usually sail on the longer cruises and they probably have a little bigger menu than the 7 day and shorter cruises.

The big shows usually run for about 5 years or so on each ship too.

Happy sailing

The menu changes every night. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

To really answer, I haven't seen major changes in RCI's menu's in years, but that is not necessarily bad. I do miss the ribs they used to serve at MDR lunch.

Production shows don't change much either, but these are usually just 2 nights on a 7 day cruise. The other 5 nights the shows will change often -- singers, comedians, magicians, jugglers -- stuff like that.

The guest performers change weekly....they get on at one port, perform, get off at the next, and go to a different ship....I guess there's some sort of "rotation" schedule they follow.

If you were to stay on the ship for a b2b, you would get the same production show, but different guest entertainers.

Just off the Mariner two weeks ago. They said they are getting new production shows later this year and that they were still running the original shows the Mariner launched with in 2003.

Only 2 nights during a 7 night cruise, the other nights have different entertainment often.

We sailed Adventure three years in a row and saw the same production shows three years in a row. Unfortunately, one of them, Invitation to Dance, was barely worth seeing once. So this year we sail Independence and just go ahead and guess what the show was.....:rolleyes:

Archived