Don't hate me! Oceanfront hotel

clover4

I'm sure this is answered somewhere on this board - so don't hate me... but I canNOT find the answer I need.

We are flying into FLL but sailing out of POM a few days later. We want to stay on a beach while awaiting our sail date. I don't think I care which beach BUT...I'm hoping to find:

* an oceanfront hotel

* that offers free shuttle from FLL airport (I plan to take SAS to POM on our sail day but would like to not pay additional money to go from the airport to our hotel)

* has suites available

* costs below $200 (preferably below $150)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Staying ON the beach as opposed to across the street? That will cost you.

Have you looked at Bahia Mar? Their tower rooms overlook the beach....nice. Walk over the bridge crossing the street aqnd you are on the beach. It's moderately priced and in a great location for water taxi as well in walking distance to Las Olas.

As John said the rates vary by leaps and bounds. When are you looking to stay?

Traveling at the mid/end of July.

I have seen rates that were acceptable but the hotel is always missing one of the things that I would like.. (oceanfront, shuttle from FLL, suites). I would rather be able to walk onto the beach from the hotel. But 'across the street' is probably OK too.

I'll be checking our Bahia Mar. Thank you.

None of the Fort Lauderdale hotels by the beach have shuttles. I think I read here that one of the Hollywood beach hotels offers this, maybe a Marriott?

The Hollywood Beach Marriott does not, according to marriott.com

The only Marriott brands in the area that have one are the Courtyard, Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites.....none of which are anywhere near the beach (for the benefit of the OP!;))

How about Courtyard Ft Lauderdale Beach?

Nice, right across from the beach...no free shuttle (but at one point one of the bellmen had/worked for a van service that took us for about $20 which was lucky as the drawbridge was up and would have resulted in the meter running in a cab!

Archived