DREAM cruise Review 5/1-5/8/10 w Pics

jpmaximus

44.jpg

Our boat arrived soon after. Ah the water!!!!!! Couldnt get enough of that color.

We had an incredible day! I would highly recommend this excursion. It is one i will never forget.

It's so gorgeous, isn't it?! We took our first cruise about 10 years ago, and that's when we got hooked on Cozumel! We go there several times a year now, and hope to retire there.

I am so happy that you got to experience the ferry, Playa Del Carmen, and the Mayan ruins! If you ever get the chance, get to Chichenitza (an easy drive from Playa Del Carmen). If you liked Tulum, you will be in awe of Chichenitza.

Great review! I planned to see Mayan Ruins on our Belize day but your making me think about doing it Cozumel day!

Do go see them in Belize, as well! It's so awesome to see all of the different Mayan ruins....they're similar, yet oh so different! I am not a fan of history at all, but the ruins absolutely fascinate me.

(If you do go in Belize, the ruins are in the middle of the jungle---bring LOTS of bug repellant! The tour guides do offer it, but as I recall there was one can for about 25 of us. We had several bug bites before the can reached us. The little Off belt thingy works really well!)

DAY 4 - ROATAN

Excursion: Maya Key Private Island Retreat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was extremely excited to go to Roatan. I had never been on any of my other cruises. I was also excited because i had booked all of us an excursion to go to Maya Key. It is a private island directly across from our ships port. We got off the boat to meet our group at 11am. The port area was already very crowded with activity!

1.jpg

We met our guide and headed toward a boat to take us across to the island.

3-1.jpg

The Boat ride was very short but i did get some nice phots on the way!!

4.jpg

The DREAM from our boat.

451.jpg

As we approached the island i got really excited. I new this would be a great day! I had always wanted to go to an island paradise and just be able to walk around and explore. Today i would get my chance!

20100504_111921.jpg

We stepped off the boat and onto this dock. we were met by a nice staff member who told us where things were located on the island. We were told to go anywhere we wished!

20100504_112647.jpg

After a few minutes we followed a path that would lead us to the beach area. Very cool!

20100504_112702.jpg

I was loving the plantlife already!!!!!

20100504_114128.jpg

We made our way up a hill to a patio area where there were tables for eating and a swimming pool. We took some photos and then we descended this ramp to the beach area. OMG at the bottom of these stairs was another paradise!!!

20100504_1141281.jpg

WOW! Was all i could say when i saw the water and the view!! When my mom saw this part of the video she was amazed also!

20100504_135235.jpg

This was our paradise beach for the whole day!!! At the end of the pier is a guide who will take you out to a good snorkeling spot on top of the reef.. Kevin and some of the girls did this several times. I prefered to just walk around and explore my private paradise. Here are some shots i took while exploring. ENJOY!!!!! (cont in the next post)

20100504_135506.jpg

20100504_140106.jpg

How often does one get to walk around and see this!!

In addition to the scenery the island also had birds, crocs and even a jaguar! There was a section of the island with cages and you could just walk up and say hi to these amazing creatures. Sorry i didnt get a photo of the jaguar. It was hiding!!

20100504_141236.jpg

These two were out in the open and well cared for!!

A few more shots of the island!!

20100504_145135.jpg

20100504_144029.jpg

Truly magical this place!! After my walk i sat on one of the lounge chairs under my palm tree and this was the view i had for about 40 minutes waiting for everyone else to return from snorkeling. It was so relaxing!!

20100504_161005.jpg

Thats Kevin's hat from Tulum in the lower left! HA HA

After the others returned we decided to head back to the DREAM. Everyone commented later that they loved this excursion because it allowed you to do whatever you wanted! Best of all worlds really. Hopefully more people will book it now. I think only about 20 people booked it through Carnival. We headed back to the visitor center and to our boat.

More great views!!

20100504_164600.jpg

20100504_164629.jpg

After waitiing just a few minutes for our boat to arrive we boarded. The driver said we could sit on the front top of the boat if we wanted for a great view on the way back. We obliged.

20100504_165810.jpg

We exited the boat and decided to walk around some of the port shops. they have a two level outside mall. On the lower level there were some locals dancing out front and they saw Courtney and Lizzie and grabbed them to come dance!!

26.jpg

20100504_170609-1.jpg

Lizzie and this local women battled it out!!! Lizzie won!

After doing some browsing in the shops we headed back to the DREAM to put our stuff up.

Kevin and i went up on deck as usual to film the sailaway. Great views of Roatan!

20100504_185233.jpg

That building is the outdoor shopping area of the port. The Dream's engines had started to stir the water!

20100504_1849471.jpg

We began to pull away from Roatan!

20100504_185301-1.jpg

20100504_185516.jpg

20100504_190331.jpg

And there was a terrific sunset!

20100504_190658.jpg

20100505_183729-2.jpg

After taking these shots Kevin and i returned to the cabin to go to dinner with the girls and then on to nightime activities. Another terrific day!!! WOW What a cruise!

NEXT UP : BELIZE and we were all excited to go Cave Tubing!

In addition to the scenery the island also had birds, crocs and even a jaguar! There was a section of the island with cages and you could just walk up and say hi to these amazing creatures. Sorry i didnt get a photo of the jaguar. It was hiding!!

20100504_141236.jpg

These two were out in the open and well cared for!!

A few more shots of the island!!

20100504_145135.jpg

20100504_144029.jpg

Truly magical this place!! After my walk i sat on one of the lounge chairs under my palm tree and this was the view i had for about 40 minutes waiting for everyone else to return from snorkeling. It was so relaxing!!

20100504_161005.jpg

Thats Kevin's hat from Tulum in the lower left! HA HA

After the others returned we decided to head back to the DREAM. Everyone commented later that they loved this excursion because it allowed you to do whatever you wanted! Best of all worlds really. Hopefully more people will book it now. I think only about 20 people booked it through Carnival. We headed back to the visitor center and to our boat.

More great views!!

20100504_164600.jpg

20100504_164629.jpg

I went here 2 years ago, when it was called Fins & Flippers, It is truly a piece of heaven on earth, I think we will do this again, my dh, loved the snorkeling here.

Thanks for the review, I will be on the dream in Oct.

I went here 2 years ago, when it was called Fins & Flippers, It is truly a piece of heaven on earth, I think we will do this again, my dh, loved the snorkeling here.

Thanks for the review, I will be on the dream in Oct.

Isnt it wonderful! We loved it!

JPMAX, i contacted Around the World. And was told by a very nice older gentleman that they do not go out of Orlando Airport. He said they are based out of St. Lucie??? He said he has basically been bombarded with calls.

Wondering :confused: are you sure that is the ringt name of your shuttle service? LOVE your review!!!

JPMAX, i contacted Around the World. And was told by a very nice older gentleman that they do not go out of Orlando Airport. He said they are based out of St. Lucie??? He said he has basically been bombarded with calls.

Wondering :confused: are you sure that is the ringt name of your shuttle service? LOVE your review!!!

It's "Around the Clock" shuttle service.

Thank you so much for your review. Your excitement and enjoyment really shines through your writing....it is truly making me EXTREMELY excited about my upcoming cruise in August. Your pictures are perfect!

THANK YOU!

Opps that was just a typo...i DID contact "Around The Clock". That was the one that the man said they are to far from Orlando to use???

you can google Around the Clock shuttle and it will show them...Great review so far I am sailing Dream in less then 2 weeks..

Archived