Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Question

cruisedad2

We are cruising on Coral Princess June 19th out of Whittier. How do we set up a Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle on board the Coral Princess? Thanks for helping! My wife started a Roll Call, but we have never set up a Meet and Mingle before.

We are cruising on Coral Princess June 19th out of Whittier. How do we set up a Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle on board the Coral Princess? Thanks for helping! My wife started a Roll Call, but we have never set up a Meet and Mingle before.

Hi cruisedad2.

You need to find the name of the Group Services Director for Coral Princess who is responsible for Onboard Services for that ship. E mail them and they will discuss it with you.

To find the e mail of the above I suggest you phone Princess Cruises or e mail info@princesscruises.com

Well it worked for me anyway!

kiwipete

We were just off the Golden Princess to Alaska May 29 - June 5. No one on our roll call was able to set up a M&G, but I was reading the Patter one night before bed and noticed "Cruise Critic Gathering" listed on the activities the first sea day.

My husband and I went and learned that Princess has just taken to setting them up themselves since nearly every cruise requested one. It wasn't well attended though because not very many in our roll call heard about it in advance.

I would still try to get the group services coordinator to get you a time and location prior to your cruise to communicate it to your roll call in advance, however, if they don't respond or you are unable to, just watch the Patter for a CC activity and show up!

Here is the list of contacts that I have

This list is current as of 16 Mar 2010:

Berda Davis

Star, Grand

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald, Pacific

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Stacey Anderson

Island & Coral

(661) 284-4446

sanderson@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Ruby & Ocean (formally the Tahitian)

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean, Sea

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

The procedure has changed recently. When we contacted the appropriate person, we got an email back saying that we can't set up our own M&Gs anymore. Princess sets one up automatically and posts the time/place in the Patter. Problem: You don't get to choose the day or time, and according to feedback in this forum, they often schedule it for later in the cruise at inconvenient times. Another problem: People who have no idea what Cruise Critic is about see the posting and assume it's an open gripe session, so some outsiders attend to complain about the cruise.

The procedure has changed recently. When we contacted the appropriate person, we got an email back saying that we can't set up our own M&Gs anymore. Princess sets one up automatically and posts the time/place in the Patter. Problem: You don't get to choose the day or time, and according to feedback in this forum, they often schedule it for later in the cruise at inconvenient times. Another problem: People who have no idea what Cruise Critic is about see the posting and assume it's an open gripe session, so some outsiders attend to complain about the cruise.

This is exactly what happened on our Island cruise, 28 Apr. You can still have an informal M&G on your own. We had ours beneath the Lido Bar which was the lido Pool deck. Then you can tell everyone that Princess will have another and to watch the Patters. Yes we did have a complainer show up.

For our 5/29 south bound cruise on the Diamond Princess, I contacted Diana Hall who set up a CC M & G per my request for Sunday at 11: in Skywalkers. I was informed both by her and ship personel that nothing would be printed in Patters and that I needed to inform members of the CC roll call of the event. When I boarded the ship in Whittier, a letter was in our room confriming the M & G.

Darcy

I have recently set one up for our cruise on Sea Princess on 1st July and had full co-operation from Elizabeth at Princess. A time and place that suits us just great.

Kiwipete

Just to point out - Princess won't automatically set one up unless you contact them to do it, it's not something they just do every cruise. We just got off the Royal and didn't contact Princess because our Roll Call group was pretty small and not that many people indicated they would attend, so we just agreed to meet at one of the bars and 5 or 6 couples stopped by. Nothing was every in the Patter.

Just to point out - Princess won't automatically set one up unless you contact them to do it, it's not something they just do every cruise. We just got off the Royal and didn't contact Princess because our Roll Call group was pretty small and not that many people indicated they would attend, so we just agreed to meet at one of the bars and 5 or 6 couples stopped by. Nothing was every in the Patter.

Ours was set up by the ship without any input from our group. Maybe they have learned and adjusted how they are doing them now. Especially about advertising in the Patters and having the undesirables show up.

We're on the Star This july and I made the contact to princess. Today I received an email from our contact. They set it for our first day at sea which happens to be our first day on the cruise. She told me that I would be the only person who would have the info and I should let my RC know. I still need to find out what exactly it means to have princess make the arrangements... Name tags, crew, drinks, snacks???? Donna

We're on the Star This july and I made the contact to princess. Today I received an email from our contact. They set it for our first day at sea which happens to be our first day on the cruise. She told me that I would be the only person who would have the info and I should let my RC know. I still need to find out what exactly it means to have princess make the arrangements... Name tags, crew, drinks, snacks???? Donna

Normally all they do is reserve a lounge for you - if you're lucky possibly some bar snacks, and they'll make sure a bartender is on duty.

Normally all they do is reserve a lounge for you - if you're lucky possibly some bar snacks, and they'll make sure a bartender is on duty.

...on the Star crossing the Pacific last Nov, we invited the Captain (Ed Perrin), CD (Richard Joseph) and a few of the senior officers. Regrettably, Capt Perrin was pre-occupied on our selected date in Skywalkers but requested an interest in meeting us as our group of experienced cruisers numbered in excess of 120. Richard then advised that Capt Perrin would like to host one and as such the second CC get together was scheduled by the ship's staff and was announced in the Patter.

We had pastries etc from the Int'l Cafe at our second get together sponsored by Princess (Capt Perrin) and it was attended by the Captain, CD, Sr Engineering Officer and Food Services Manager (Karen).

I concur that the announcement/posting of the Cruise Critic Meet 'n Greet or whatever we call it in the Patter should be worded along the lines of Cruise Critic Members Meet 'n Greet in order to allay any worries of complainers. If I might suggest that we pass this on to the contacts for the various vessels.

Have a great weekend everyone and...

Ciao for now!!!

I concur that the announcement/posting of the Cruise Critic Meet 'n Greet or whatever we call it in the Patter should be worded along the lines of Cruise Critic Members Meet 'n Greet in order to allay any worries of complainers. If I might suggest that we pass this on to the contacts for the various vessels.

Need to pass it on to the onboard Cruise Director who is responsible for what goes into the Patter.

I have recently set one up for our cruise on Sea Princess on 1st July and had full co-operation from Elizabeth at Princess. A time and place that suits us just great.

Kiwipete

How recently? Because it's Elizabeth who we contacted last month, and she informed us of the new procedure. She told us to look in the Patter for the time and place.

How recently? Because it's Elizabeth who we contacted last month, and she informed us of the new procedure. She told us to look in the Patter for the time and place.

Donna, I have been dealing with setting up a meet & greet on the Caribbean Princess over the last two weeks with Liz and she has been great!!! We had lots of questions for her and she was very amicable in even changing the standard time from the second day at sea (which would have been the 4th day) to the first sea day (day 2). She even asked how many so she could have the ship ready finger food for our large group. We are sailing on June 23rd, in less than 2 weeks!

I hope that helps you. Maybe you can email her again.

Princess is automatically scheduling a meet and greet on its' ships (no doubt to avoid the emails and calls and letters and requests). This is in the Patter, but it can be overlooked if you don't happen to see it (several from our roll call just didn't notice it in the Patter). Princess is taking the time to schedule, plan, and announce these gatherings and I was pleased they did this.

We didn't have that many show up at ours a couple weeks ago, but it was a nice gathering in a wonderful location (18th deck Skywalkers) and I appreciated the gesture that Princess made by doing this unsolicited.

DSC01855.jpg

I contacted Stacey and Princess and found out that we are too late to book a meet and greet - but that Princess may well schedule one anyway on Embarkation day, and that I should check with the Purser's Desk. Thank you, everyone, for your great input and guidance.

Princess is automatically scheduling a meet and greet on its' ships (no doubt to avoid the emails and calls and letters and requests). This is in the Patter, but it can be overlooked if you don't happen to see it (several from our roll call just didn't notice it in the Patter). Princess is taking the time to schedule, plan, and announce these gatherings and I was pleased they did this.

We didn't have that many show up at ours a couple weeks ago, but it was a nice gathering in a wonderful location (18th deck Skywalkers) and I appreciated the gesture that Princess made by doing this unsolicited.

DSC01855.jpg

Princess cannot even spell. There is no apostrophe in CruiseCritic. Look up at this URL.

;);):D;);)

Exactly the problem. So as the next poster suggests, we set up our own gathering at the Outrigger Bar for first sea day on our June 14 cruise on CB. You have to buy your own drinks anyway at a M & G, so its no loss. We don't need to have staff there either -- its just for us to meet each other.

I don't need to attend a potential gripe session with folks I have not had a chance to "meet" online -- not the purpose of a M & G.

Princess should take a page from the Celebrity book on this one -- they cooperate with the CC M & G organizers and do a much better job in this area.

It is not a gripe session, nor would anyone think so. It is a meeting of friends from a message board. No one showed up to gripe two weeks ago and it was terrific meeting those that came. Princess provided the space, the sign-age, the announcement in the Patter, the staff, etc.

It doesn't matter if there is an apostrophe in Critic or not, or what day they do this for us. They are providing the space, the servers and staffing, etc. Setting up your own meeting defeats the purpose of the universal plan Princess has for accommodating the posters on this board on their entire fleet weekly.

Princess cannot even spell. There is no apostrophe in CruiseCritic. Look up at this URL.

;);):D;);)

I used to be a proofreader and I go crazy whenever I see an error. I teased a grade school principal a few years ago when I found a couple of typos (including "bussing" when it's "busing") on the school's new website. And my daughter's middle school's open house flyer had "recieved" and the name of one organization misspelled. Oh, well. I usually type too fast and occasionally type something wrong.

As for meet and greets, you can set something up on your roll call before the cruise. You don't have to reserve a lounge or bar as long as you just take over a corner of it. What many roll calls do if to set up a list of cabin numbers. You can have someone be the point person with each member emailing their cabin number (so it can be kept private and not up on CC). Preprint invites with blanks left for place, date and time. Then someone contact the CD onboard (if you couldn't ahead of time) and find out if he planned something for your group. If he had, get the info as far in advance as possible, fill in the details, and deliver each invite to the cabins. That way, if someone didn't see the notice in the Patters, they'll still know about the meet and greet.

Archived