Forgettable locations

ActiveTraveler

LOL, tell the poster that if they gives me 1/2 of the budget I'll do the trip, document it with video and thousands of pictures so they can do it with 100% confidence of the experience. IMHO I did a 12 day not on crystal, but not a shabby line either and didn't penny pinch in any port but came in under half her budget. For 1/2 of 15K I can get business class too for what I managed to do.

Anwyone who says they must do a top line cruise in Med, balcony and are complaining on CC about what ports not to see is well I better not say :D One can easily manage a very nice trip on 1/5 of the stated budget. I don't care if it is Europe for a month or for a week, any vacation can come away frustrating and not seeing everything. The key is research and be reaalistic between budget, time and expectation.

I don't see how she can afford to do all you've suggested given that her budget is less then $15,000 and she plans on booking the PH on Crystal, sailing solo. She still has to buy her formal wear as she doesn't have any as well as all other travel expenses.

This is, unfortunately, not uncommon behavior on message boards. Sometimes you learn that open-ended questions like that have been posted by writers trying to put together an article for a publication or another web site.

Occasionally you run across students doing studies, such as how they can keep a "conversation" going on a message board with the most suspicious of data, such as a young 30-something with the funds to cruise solo in a penthouse suite on a higher end cruise line, yet who seems to know nothing about geography, history, art, etc.

She's striking me as someone who has never traveled and has no clue. I was thinking the guy with all the surveys was doing just that, writing an article and didn't want to do any real work so asked us our opinions instead. Sounds the same here.

Occasionally you run across students doing studies, such as how they can keep a "conversation" going on a message board with the most suspicious of data, such as a young 30-something with the funds to cruise solo in a penthouse suite on a higher end cruise line, yet who seems to know nothing about geography, history, art, etc.

Too funny!

Many (younger and older folks) have never traveled to Europe. We know more than a few of both types of travelers who cannot envision attempting to put together a trip to Europe. They ask us tons of questions- how did you know where to go, how did you know what to do, etc. Most of the younger generation has never used a brick and mortar travel agent. So while there are many in the older generation who know they don't want to mess with booking a trip and will enlist the assistance of a travel agent, the younger generation is often averse to doing so. It doesn't make me want to immediately question the motives of the OP. Personally, I have been helped so much by the posters on this site, I don't really care if I attempt to help others and for nefarious purposes.

I can understand the concerns...if you are booking a Crystal PH as a solo and own no formal wear...well, that is a bit odd. Add to that the financial side of doing a Crystal PH on a two week Med cruise for $15K...well, that's sort of ridiculous. Clearly, the more experienced cc'ers are more discerning that I. Still, I am happy to attempt to help...if only to make myself 'feel' like I am helping others, in part to pay it forward for all of the wonderful info I have received.

I think you've hit the nail on the head ... and I think we've been taken for a ride, so DNFTT !! :o

She's striking me as someone who has never traveled on a cruise ship or to Europe and has no clue. I was thinking the guy with all the surveys was doing just that, writing an article and didn't want to do any real work so asked us our opinions instead. Sounds the same here.

Fixed. I have traveled a lot, just not outside North America or on a cruise ship. Places I have traveled to over the years include Florida, California, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Minnesota, Tennessee, Virginia, Niagra Falls (Canada), and D.C. So obviously I have gone far from my home state more often than not. I have been in two oceans and the Gulf of Mexico. It is unfortunate that somebody might think I never traveled after the many trips I have taken from Boston to San Diego and Niagra Falls to Sarasota.

It is unfortunate that somebody might think I never traveled after the many trips I have taken from Boston to San Diego and Niagra Falls to Sarasota.

Just an FYI ... Niagara is not spelled liked V iagra ... it's Niagara. :)

<snip>

- Lake Como- one of our favorite spots although we favor Varenna as opposed to the more developed Bellagio. Have stayed in both- if you want what locals call the Vegas of Como, do Bellagio. If you want authentic, go Varenna. The downside of Como is that it is travel intensive to get to it. You can fly into Milan, take a train to Como for a few days and then travel on to Venice to pick up a cruise. Personally, I would go this route and try to end my cruise in Rome to see it before heading back.

<CHOP>

Aaaahhhhh Varena. We started a land trip here a few years back. What a great way to slip into the pace, dust off the jet lag and enjoy the wonderful ambience of this spectacular place. I am sure not for everyone as so slow a pace but for us it was perfect. You have recalled a very fond memory!

Just an FYI ... Niagara is not spelled liked V iagra ... it's Niagara. :)

Oops, my bad. At least you did not forget how to spell it!

But nevertheless, Niagara has the same potent effect as V iagra!

LOL! I have no idea what Sultan means here, but somehow thought it was funny.

Archived