Miracle Aft Cabins

swiss

Swiss,

I think you are the one who posted about a good summer ship for teens further down in the boards? If so, it is just a suggestion but June 12th may not have too many teens on board as a lot of schools are still in session. Not sure if that matters to you or not but i have heard that the "real" summer season for family cruises doesn't start until July.

There was a great review by a fellow cruise critic named ParrotHeadFl. You might do a search and find his review in which he has some great pictures including his aft cabin which was a suite. It gives you an idea of how the view is from the aft. I stayed in 5125 which was forward with a balcony last week, and it was outstanding (but noisy with doors slamming next door). I think you will really love the aft as I understand it is the best.

Woo Hoo- I got you'all beat. I am sailing the aft on the Miracle next Sunday-. I will take pictures.

I do know the aft is all that plus some. You have made wise decision. My cabin is 6262

The aft balconies are not private at all. The people aboave can view down. Each deck takes a step back the higher you go.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/93847874/93853128svWgyq

its not the miracle but the aft is laid out the same way---this way you can see what its like.

Being on deck 7 you are under the pool deck. I dont know what the view ifs from there-- I will take a picture next weekwhile on the Miracle

There is no lounge chairs out there... only two chairs that recline back. Some people said they put a lounge chair there but for the life of me I can not picture it... It must take up most of your space/

The person I spoke with said to ask my steward for one and they would happily oblige. We stayed in a balcony cabin last year and even the chairs seemed to take up most of the space. I guess if it were comfortable enough, laying out there may be an option. The wife likes the idea of laying out but is pretty shy about the prospect of the topless deck. Therefore we were discussing the extended balcony.

I have a feeling it may not be private enough. How bout the sides? Are they pretty much blocked? One last question, are the interiors of the rooms any larger than a balcony suite or are they the same?

Some people said they put a lounge chair there but for the life of me I can not picture it... It must take up most of your space/

Not on Diz's and Jimbo's Balcony........should be plenty of room. :D :D :D :D :)

I have a feeling it may not be private enough. How bout the sides? Are they pretty much blocked? One last question, are the interiors of the rooms any larger than a balcony suite or are they the same?

suites are located on the aft on the corners..so you have this fabulous huge balcony.

If a bigger balcony is wanted..check out the deck plans and looka t 6234 and 6232. We have friends in one of those next week. I have a picture of that balcony if you want to see it---serene56@aol.com

Jimbo- Are you having any parties up there during the week?

Not on Diz's and Jimbo's Balcony........should be plenty of room. :D :D :)

Should be plenty of room on ours too! We are in the corner aft Cat 11 balcony next week on the Miracle. Cabin 4228!! I see you're on the same ship! :D

I'm just back from the Spirit with an aft cabin deck six. It is awesome being able to watch the ports as you leave from the privacy of your own balcony. From deck 5 up they do slant backwards so everyone from the lido deck down can see onto your balcony, but only if your standing by the railing. (anyone remember laugh-in? - sorta reminded us of when someone would pop out of a door and tell a joke, or maybe a whack a mole game.) The dividers on the sides are also slanted back at an angle so your neighbors are much more visible to you. We had great neighbors so it wasn't an issue.

Only two drawbacks I could see is there is a little bit of soot on your balcony and chairs every morning, but the cabin stewards clean it off every day. Just don't leave stuff out to dry or it will get little spots of the sooty stuff on it. The other thing that sort of bothered me was they are listed as extended balconies, but you lose most of the extra space because the railing slants back at an angle and they measure from the bottom.

That being said, I would book an aft cabin again in a heartbeat.

Ok check my pictures of the Pride. (the 1st 3 or so) We were on the panorama deck room # 8270. She is the same class as the Miracle, and as you can see you can't see into the below balcony... only their heads :D and it is very hard for the people on the Ledo deck to see. That is my DH at the top deck and I was taking his picture looking up from our balcony. And I had to lean back to get that picture :)

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=47339319

I don't seem to be able to view the picture either, and didn't see a link in your signature, or your signature for that matter.

Interesting about the soot on the deck. I was curious if there was a "smell" from the stacks that drifted back to the aft balconies, but it seems to be pretty much a none factor to most.

We are booked in 7349, I have heard that the pool deck is up from us and we may have an issue with noise of pool chairs etc.... thoughts?

Archived