Difference between select and open dining on Infinity

hapicruisin

Want to try select or open dining on upcoming cruise on Celebrity Infinity - what is the difference and when does one have to sign up for it?

How easy would it be to change to 2nd seating once I am onboard if I do not like open/select dining?

Any advice would be appreciated. Usually request 2nd seating.

I believe that Select is Celebrity's version of Open dining in the MDR, so they are one in the same. You have the option to make a reservation using the Select for each night prior to boarding which makes it different for a typical Open dining.

I would not think that you would have an issue of changing to 2nd seating traditional if you did not like Select.

Have a great cruise.

If you want to catch the entertainment in the Celebrity Theatre keep in mind that the showtimes are usually 7pm and 9pm (845pm and 1045pm on formal nights). On my last cruise we found that we were a bit rushed to get to the show at the end of our dinner service. Allow for at least 1,1/2 hrs by the time you finish desert (not skipping those!).

If you are hesitant about this I advise considering your preferences carefully before your sailing. Your option to change would be subject to availability. One section of the MDR is allocated to flexible dining and the balance to traditional. If there's no seats available in the other sections then you could be stuck with flexible for the duration of the cruise.

Archived