Need Advice - Mini Suite on Dolphin Deck vs. Emerald Deck

drl412

Need some help from the pros...

I'm getting ready to book a cruise on the CB (Caribbean Princess - I think that's the right code) for the August 21st trip to the great Northeast!!! I can get a confirmed mini-suite mid ship on the Dolphin Deck or get a guarantee on the Emerald Deck.

I've read there is no coverage on the Dolphin, but I'm concerned with what I'd get with the Guarantee. Would the AA/AB/AC category on the Dolphin Deck be an upgrade to the AD on the Emerald?

What recommendations can you give...

Thanks!!

I have only stayed in a mini on the Dolphin Deck and it was great! But from what I have read on these boards, folks LOVE the minis on the Emerald deck because they are fully covered.

I think that it is just a matter of preference!:)

I have only stayed in a mini on the Dolphin Deck and it was great! But from what I have read on these boards, folks LOVE the minis on the Emerald deck because they are fully covered.

I think that it is just a matter of preference!:)

We've had both Dolphin and Emerald Deck minisuites and have enjoyed them both. I never minded being out in the open on the Dolphin Deck. Except for the first day or coming into a port, we were often the only ones out on our balcony, so lack of privacy was not an issue. I also noticed that Dolphin deck balconies can look right up to the other balconies that are not as "private" as people think - unless one stands right by the sliders.

The inside added space and the larger bathroom are what has me booking a minisuite each time, no matter what deck I get.

Due to the fact that there are only 12 "very popular" AD Mini's on Emerald deck, if you take an AD GTY you probably won't end up there.

If you booked an AC/AB/AA then you would only go up higher with an upgrade not down to an AD. Although I think the AD's are better then all the rest.

That's what I thought......but what's the upgrade from the AD category?? Is it the ac/b/a?? Don't cruise that often, so not sure how this all works...
They are sorted by letter. AD is lowest, then AC then AB, then AA is highest among mini-suites, cost-wise. We've had AA and AB, and there's no difference to us. We are doing AD to Alaska, so we'll have a covered balcony if/when it rains.

Thanks for all the info on the mini suites. We are in D 110 for the Crown Princess on 12-11-10. We have always had a balcony with Carnival so this will be the first mini suite and first time on Princess. Cannot wait.

Need some help from the pros...

I'm getting ready to book a cruise on the CB (Caribbean Princess - I think that's the right code) for the August 21st trip to the great Northeast!!! I can get a confirmed mini-suite mid ship on the Dolphin Deck or get a guarantee on the Emerald Deck.

I've read there is no coverage on the Dolphin, but I'm concerned with what I'd get with the Guarantee. Would the AA/AB/AC category on the Dolphin Deck be an upgrade to the AD on the Emerald?

What recommendations can you give...

Thanks!!

We did the W. Crib. last feb. and stayed on Dolphin Deck and liked it si much we booked our next cruise to the E. Crib on Dolphin Deck.

Hi. New to crusing. I have a AE cabin which is D732, if upgraded, would that mean AD?

The AE cabin is a guarantee if I am not mistaking. So, if they assigned you to an AC through your guarantee, then it is unlikely that they would reassign you to an AD, which they consider a lower category than an AC.

We were just offered an guaranteed mini for $25 pp for a 10 night cruise over and above the cost of our balcony cabin. I ended up spending an extra $75 pp to ensure one of the Emerald deck balconies because I like the covered balcony better.....especially during hurricane season.

Hi. New to crusing. I have a AE cabin which is D732, if upgraded, would that mean AD?

What ship are you talking about? I have had an AE on Sapphire D737, they don't have the same layout as the other minis and there are only 2 on the ship. A little quirky but I did love it and booked the same cabin for my Transpacific with "no upgrade". If you want some more info let me know.

Anthony

Thanks for all the info on the mini suites. We are in D 110 for the Crown Princess on 12-11-10. We have always had a balcony with Carnival so this will be the first mini suite and first time on Princess. Cannot wait.

Hi we have sailed in D114 twice and absaloutely loved it. You can look right down to the sea with no other visible balconies below. A little piece of heaven. Enjoy

Archived