"LIVE" From Carnival Glory / June 14, 2010

Radio

Radio - Have a great cruise - Can't wait to read your awesome reviews. Got my chemo today so you will keep me busy. I can't wait to go on July 17th for 5 nights as well.

We always seem to do the same cruise LOL. Can't wait to see the pictures of the ship.

I'm in a balcony cabin on deck 8 when we sail.

Dave from NJ

Dave....let me know how noisey/quiet it is....we were moved from Deck 7 to Deck 8....but I chose a different cabin than the one assigned....

Here are a few pics that I don't think I posted. . .

Radio

The Sauna up in the Spa was very big. . .

B8.JPG

The Swim Spa was barely used on most days. . .

B11.JPG

You could turn on the very fast current, for a real workout.

B12.JPG

Karaoke was held nightly in the Bar Blue up on Kaleideoscope Blvd.

B32.JPG

The Old Glory Atrium was a hub of Activity throughout the day, and into the evening.

B52.JPG

Looking down into the Colors Lobby

B43.JPG

Thank You Very Much Radio

I will try to justice in my review of my upcoming trip on the Glory. On a seven day cruise I tend to take 1500-2000 pictures. We are lucky in that we are also going to Boston, MA and Portland, ME. I won't be doing a LIVE but will post a full review with pictures.

Radio....you did an amazing job with this thread...the pictures are great!! Thank you for all of your hard work. We will be on this ship July 17th!

Did you or will you be posting the menus??

Thanks, Lisa. . . I only received 2 of the Menus. . . I should have them up this week.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just discovered you...and your videos and am knocked out of my socks! Great travel logs and an amazing website! You capture each cruise ship and tell the travel story very nicely. The videos are well made and give a wonderful idea of what the ship looks like all over. You obviously have a following of cruise enthusiasts out there and it looks like I'm going to be joining the pack, too! Hope to have the pleasure of sailing with you, one day Radio. I know you've got some stories to tell! Keep up the good work! :)

Radio - really enjoyed your postings and it got me excited for our July 26th Glory trip.

Do most businesses (including taxis) take american dollars in the two ports?

American currency is accepted in all ports. The Taxi drivers take it as well.

If you use an ATM (in Hotel or Mall), you will get Canadian currecy, however if you go to a bank you may be able to withdrawl US currency.

The Gllory will convert dollars that you still may have and want tit changed to US $. (Bills only, No coins)

The conversion is $1.00(CA) = .90 (US)

Radio

Just discovered you...and your videos and am knocked out of my socks! Great travel logs and an amazing website! You capture each cruise ship and tell the travel story very nicely. The videos are well made and give a wonderful idea of what the ship looks like all over. You obviously have a following of cruise enthusiasts out there and it looks like I'm going to be joining the pack, too! Hope to have the pleasure of sailing with you, one day Radio. I know you've got some stories to tell! Keep up the good work! :)

Wow. . .Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really enjoy cruising, and I am very happy that you enjoy my "LIVE" Posts. . .

I certainly enjoy writing them, and I hope to see you onboard one of my upcoming sailings. . . My next one will be very soon. . .

Radio

Radio, I have really enjoyed your posts over the last couple of weeks. My trip on the Glory begins 7/17/10. Thanks for the ride......

We're planning an initial meeting for a Cabin Crawl prior to departing NYC. I would like to know (from you or anyone) what time do they conduct the muster drill. This will help on setting a meeting time

Radio, I have really enjoyed your posts over the last couple of weeks. My trip on the Glory begins 7/17/10. Thanks for the ride......

We're planning an initial meeting for a Cabin Crawl prior to departing NYC. I would like to know (from you or anyone) what time do they conduct the muster drill. This will help on setting a meeting time

In New York, they have the Muster Drill at 4:25PM. . .

Enjoy your cruise ! :)

Radio

;);)

Hey Radio,

Another thank you! Quick question... Reading your live review.. you stated elegant night is the first night of the cruise? Usually they are relaxed the first night since the whole luggage deal... Anyway not doubting; just want to make sure I read correctly!!! Thanks again!

I reiterate the sentiments expressed by so many before me. We're coming up to our departure (July 3). In the meantime, it's been an enormous pleasure cruising with you beforehand.

One more question - is Rockwood Park in Saint John within walking distance of the pier?

Thanks!

P.S. In response to the previous post - I believe Radio did say that elegant night was the second night of the cruise - the day at sea.

We just got off the glory today. Radio thanks for your live feed. The currency exchange was dollar for dollar. First night come to dinner as u are and elegant night is 2nd night. Past passenger party was 3 day at 345 pm. Muster was 430. Great staff and ship. We got to port at1030 we got a parking spot just fine

Quick question for anyone who can answer- will the Statue of Liberty be on the port or starboard side when leaving NY? We will be booking Glory in a day or two, and I want to see Lady Liberty from our balcony as we do sail-away!

Quick question for anyone who can answer- will the Statue of Liberty be on the port or starboard side when leaving NY? We will be booking Glory in a day or two, and I want to see Lady Liberty from our balcony as we do sail-away!

Starboard Side wile leaving. . . and it will be on the Port side when returning.

Radio

;);)

Archived