"LIVE" From Carnival Glory / June 14, 2010

Radio

Loving your report. My daughter is Production singer on Glory- Great pic of her singing in Welcome Show- would LOVE it if you could post some of the Just Rock and Living in America Shows. Our son and daughter-in-law will be on this cruise in July-am excited for them.

Hehe...my son is on the entertainment staff and I was so happy to come upon this thread because I was wondering if I would see him in any of the photos! He's new to this position....I'm finding that people are very intrigued when I tell them my child works on a cruise ship! I imagine it's not always easy, but it seems like a terrific, fun job for young people! :)

The Fog Horns were sounding loudly every 2 minutes. Some of the passengers were complaining that the sound was too loud.
That reminds me of Goldie Hawn in "Private Benjamin" when she complains there aren't any curtains on the windows in a boot camp barracks. "I'll be up at the crack of dawn," she said. I actually have an even funnier story about the ship's horn. One person thought the purpose of the horn was to blow away the fog. Honest, he actuallyu thought that. Can you imagine how loud the horn would be if that were true? But I actually love the fog since I take a category 1A and am nowhere near the ship's horn. I like sitting outside on the outdoor promenade on Deck 3 and enjoy the mysterious atmosphere. Very Agatha Christie.

Hi Radio not sure if you're not a bit overwhelmed with all the questions bombarding you but had to give this one a try. My family and I are just off the Carnival Valor on a Western Caribb itinerary and the Lido deck by the pool on the Valor was wall to wall people without a empty lounge chair to be found. Were now booked on the Carnival Glory one year from now departing June 18th to Canada and looking at your great pictures the Lido deck by the pool seems so uncrowded and empty lounge chairs easily spotted in your pictures. Do you know if the outside decks are that much less crowded on the Canada itineraries? Thanks for your response and your great pictures and excellent review.

But I actually love the fog since I take a category 1A and am nowhere near the ship's horn. I like sitting outside on the outdoor promenade on Deck 3 and enjoy the mysterious atmosphere. Very Agatha Christie.

We were on the Triumph last summer on the Canada run (and are repeating it in 2 weeks on the Glory). Our balcony was on the Panorama deck and we couldn't hear the foghorn inside the cabin -- they're pretty well soundproofed -- but it was plenty loud when I would walk across the Lido to get coffee at 6am each morning! Even though you know it's coming, it's always a surprise. Gotta be careful not to scald yourself!

Hello everyone. . . Sorry I wasn’t able to post again last night. The connection was not as good as it has been, and I couldn’t even get 1 photo to post.

Welcome to Saint John, New Brunswick Canada. We could see land very early today (5AM) as we sailed up the coast between New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia.

We pulled into the harbor at about 6AM, and were tied up at the Marco Polo terminal in Saint John by 630AM.

It is a very sunny today, and it is currently 58F. The forecast is for clear skies, and temps up to 70F by 2PM. My plan today is to walk around downtown, visit the City Marketplace, and head over to Reversing Falls. I may have to stop for a Lobster Roll as well (they seem to be everywhere) I am sure that a may stop at several places while walking through the city. I know I can get free Wi-Fi at the Mall near the City Marketplace too.

We are currently at low tide (1.6ft) and we should be at high tide by 230PM (25.9ft) Wow ! what a difference. The gangways will be located on Decks 2 or 3 (depending on the tide)

All passengers must be back on by 3PM, as we are scheduled for departure at 3:30PM (Ship Time) for our transit to Halifax.

Here are a few pics from yesterday afternoon, and our arrival early this morning.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Port side of Carnival Glory heading north, off the coast of Maine toward New Brunswick

TPM3.JPG

Golden Dining Room (Deck 4), on Lobster Night

TPM1.JPG

The Colors Lobby

TPM6.JPG

Turquoise Pool Area during of the Movie last night.

TPM4.JPG

The Azure Lido Pool (AFT) had the warmest water of the 3 pools on board

T19.JPG

Livin’ in America last night in the Amber Palace

TPM7.JPG

Did the ship remain on Eastern time the whole way or did they switch to Atlantic time on the two port days? I have seen several answers that conflict. I just want to be sure I have the correct time for some early non-Carnival excursions.

Glad to see your reviews.

Did the ship remain on Eastern time the whole way or did they switch to Atlantic time on the two port days? I have seen several answers that conflict. I just want to be sure I have the correct time for some early non-Carnival excursions.

Glad to see your reviews.

The ship time is always Eastern Time. . .We are in the Atlantic Time zone, but Carnival Glory remains at Eastern.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Here are a few pics of our arrival in Saint John. . . More pics later today.

Radio

The sun is rising as we approach New Brunswick

W1.JPG

We are greeted by several Lighthouses as we get closer

W4.JPG

The Canadian Tugboat fleet is still asleep. . .

W6.JPG

We can see Fort Howe, above Long Wharf 9Where we were docked in 2008 on Carnival Victory)

W8.JPG

We pull slowly up to Marco Polo Cruise Passenger Terminal

W11.JPG

We made it. . . I will be getting off of the ship around 830AM

W15.JPG

We're taking the same cruise on 7/3 and your pictures and commentary are making me even more excited!!!! People at work are going to start avoiding me, I think, as I know I'm becoming unbearable....and have NOTHING else to talk about except this cruise!!

The gangways will be located on Decks 2 or 3 (depending on the tide)

Interesting. Last Saturday there were gangways on Deck 1 by the forward elevators and Deck 3 (by the lobby) when I disembarked around 10:00 am. When I returned you had to reboard on Deck 3 only (around 1:00 pm). When you went out to the Reversing Falls I hope you noticed those amazing Victorian houses on Douglas Avenue (near the NB Museum Archives). Unfortunately, most had tons of peeling paint and could use a good going over. Enjoy Halifax tomorrow. If you have a chance, visit the Public Gardens. They are spectacular and easy to reach from the pier.

Hello everyone. . . I love the city of Saint John, and I wish we could have stayed a few days. There is just so much to do and see, that it would take several days to see all of the sights.

We walked around downtown for a bit. . .(it is only about 4 blocks to downtown) We went over to North Market Wharf, and New Brunswick Museum. . . . The shops are connected by way of several Ped Ways. (We call them skyways in the states.)

We shopped at Market Square next, which is the largest type Mall in Saint John, with a lot of apparel shops, dining choices, and electronics stores. They had a Tim Horton’s, Starbuck’s, and a Java Moose Café. We had to go into City Market. . I love the sounds and the smells of the Market. The Lobster rolls are pretty good too !

After walking around for a couple of hours, we stopped at the Hilton and took a cab up to Reversing Falls. We were there too early for all the excitement that comes with the tide change, but it was still nice to see, and hear all about the tides, and why it changes so drastically.

Our cab driver was very nice, as he told us about the Historic city. He seemed to be very proud of his Country, and he quipped strongly about the things that he didn’t like as well. . . We drove up to Fort Howe, and usually you can get the best photos of Saint John from that vantage point. The clouds were not in our favor today. We were able to see the ship though. . .we just didn’t have the clear skies that we would have liked.

After the tour, we walked around a bit more and had a bite to eat (and another Tim Horton’s). We made it back in plenty of time, and were able to do a bit more shopping in the port vendor area.

We left the pier a little late, but we will make down past the southern tip of Nova Scotia, and then up the east Coast of NS for our arrival at Halifax tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . . And thanks for tuning in !

Radio

View from the Passenger Gangway

W16.JPG

Heading down the escalator into the Passenger Terminal

W17.JPG

The New Marco Polo Terminal is very nice. . It is open and airy, and the employees who man the terminal are extremely nice !

W18.JPG

There is a huge tent with about 24 local vendors.

W23.JPG

Most of the gifts are “Made in Canada”, but they were selling apparel, food items, and yes they had many varieties of Maple Syrup.

W20.JPG

It’s not only “Made” in Canada, but it’s also the Best ! Ha ha ha. . .

W21.JPG

Here are a few more. . . .

Radio

Once you walk in City Market, you will not want to leave.

W45.JPG

There must be 100 vendors in this Market !

W48.JPG

We walk through the middle of busy down town Saint John.

W56.JPG

Is there really a keg of beer in the belly of the Moosehead Moose?

W52.JPG

The Pink Double Decker buses were everywhere !

W50.JPG

You could see Carnival Glory from almost anywhere in the city. . .

W28.JPG

Ok, ok. . .just a few more.

Radio

Saint John’s finest shows off his T3 . . . He says it it very fast !

(This was the same Officer that showed off his T3 in 2008 when I was here on Carnival Victory)

W63.JPG

We make it up to Reversing Falls

W31.JPG

We were too early for the strong rushing currents, but maybe next time.

W33.JPG

The Falls Shuttle were still running. . .There were about 8 of them.

W35.JPG

We make it up to Fort Howe where our cab driver was proud to tell us about when the Canadians beat the Americans in the War of 1812.

W71.JPG

Carnival Glory viewed from Fort Howe

W72.JPG

These will be the last for now. . . Many more pics tomorrow from Halifax !

Radio

We make it back to the ship. . .

W70.JPG

We had plenty of time to return

W87.JPG

We will be leaving any minute. . .

W88.JPG

The Gangway is being pulled now.

W81.JPG

The bow thrusters push us away slowly

W80.JPG

I will be sad to leave Saint John. It is such a lovely city.

W84.JPG

Nice to get the "on-line" report. My DH and I sail this Saturday! First time without the kids. Could you tell me how the "your time dining" is working out? I can't decide if we should try to replace our 6pm seating with it. Currently we are wait listed and I have heard mixed reviews. Also with the weather being cooler in Canada, how does that make the temperature aboard the ship? I am still trying to decide how much warmer clothing to pack. Looking forward to your review of Halifax tomorrow. OUr cruise starts in Halifax and then goes to St. John. I have no idea why that was switched. Enjoy the rest of the cruise!

Radio,

I LOVE Moose. Sorry we didn't see the poop when we were in Halifax in 2001. And the Mooshead statue is great.

Thanks for the constatn updates and information.

Your,

Brother from another mother.

Archived