Venice...port to airport question?

skyboy

My husband and I have to catch a 10:50 plane out of the Venice airport. Should we get the ship's shuttle at 110 dollars for the 2 of us to be safe or will there be plenty of taxis (approx 35 euros) at the port around 7:30am to take us to the airport?

Pre-reserve either a taxi or a private water taxi.

Personally if I was going to pop 110 dollars/person I'd just reserve a watertaxi, trip takes about 40-45' and will likley include a trip up the grand canal and some small side canals before you make the run to the airport.

My husband and I have to catch a 10:50 plane out of the Venice airport. Should we get the ship's shuttle at 110 dollars for the 2 of us to be safe or will there be plenty of taxis (approx 35 euros) at the port around 7:30am to take us to the airport?

when we got off our ship on May 29 there were plenty of taxis milling around. When you get off the ship just walk about 50 yds to the area where the ship's shuttle is waiting ( or should be waiting); the taxis are in the same area.

I think that early I just want to do a land taxi. Can anyone recommend a company to pre reserve a land taxi?

Advice we are using from a previous thread: BTW- you can make reservations, ask to receive an email reconfirming the reservation a week ahead of time. No advance payment required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo Gold viewpost.gif

How did you arrange the taxi to the airport in Venice? How long did it take and what was the cost. I am thinking about booking a 10:40 Flight. Thanks for your help.:rolleyes:

I booked the service in advance at www.limousinevenice.com . The cost for six passengers (and our 10 pieces of luggage) was 70 euros or about 12 euros each, much cheaper than the Princess transer. The taxi was waiting just outside the gate of the port, a short walk from the ship and we were at the Marco Polo Airport in less than 30 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived