Magic is going to................

Legend

The Spirit's dates are now out thru April 2012 on the back door dates.

Never mind, they are gone now.

not to 'pile on' because you clearly recanted your statement...

but i did just check tonight, a few hours ago, before posting, and i couldn't access spirit schedules, FWIW. :)

It won't do a one day cruise to nowhere because it does not have a scheduled passenger sailing for the date of 11-13-2011.

The Magic grosses over half a million dollars a day and you think they are just going to park it for a day for nothing? :eek: That's what doesn't make sense.

They have kept a ship in port for a day or two many times for TA's and they will keep doing it.

yeah that's the wqy they have been doing them when they come in,,,,,,,,let Tas and special guest spend the night in port and entertain them,,,,,,,,seems John Mayer was on Splendor,

Did anyone hear what the 6 day itin was?:D.......that could stop speculation,;)

ok - can the ship not make it to Aruba and back in 6 days from New Orleans? Or any other South Americanish port?

I think the last time I looked, the NYE Magic cruise was also 6 days.

Boxes are for lunch, wimps and cats love them too. What if Congress suspends the Jones Act (they should revoke it, IMO), until the oil is cleaned up? Double click, done!

But the ship wouldn't sail from New Orleans to Aruba to comply with the law if it was coming back to New Orleans. It would just have to sail to Aruba if it was going from New Orleans to another US port.

On another note, I noticed that Conquest cut it's cruise before Christmas 2011 to 6 days so that it could make it's Christmas cruise 8 days so you could celebrate Christmas and New Year's on the Conquest. That will be a packed and very expensive cruise. :eek:

Did anyone hear what the 6 day itin was?:D.......that could stop speculation,;)

you're a tease...

and i'm not convinced you actually know...

especially with your clear 'surprise' with what DID come out.... :p

not to 'pile on' because you clearly recanted your statement...

but i did just check tonight, a few hours ago, before posting, and i couldn't access spirit schedules, FWIW. :)

I think what happened was I clicked the Spirit, but it didn't load the Spirit's schedules. It was probably still on the last ship I was looking on.

you're a tease...

and i'm not convinced you actually know...

especially with your clear 'surprise' with what DID come out.... :p

Yeah I know nothing......:p

Seriously...I thought I saw that someone saw the 6 day itin befoe they shut it down.......whoever that was......PLEASE POST........so some will quit thinking a certain way.....it's driving me crazy.....lol:D :D

Seriously...I thought I saw that someone saw the 6 day itin befoe they shut it down.......whoever that was......PLEASE POST........so some will quit thinking a certain way.....it's driving me crazy.....lol:D :D

Yes, I second that. Whoever has the 6 day itinerary, please post it!

Not much is set in stone - even carvings can be altered.

i know that. and fwiw, i do definitely appreciate your feedback...

Nothing relative to cruising is ever set in stone. When a lawyer says always, they means almost always. Never really means almost never. Carnival keeps their staff of lawyers busy not only with day to day lawsuits, but also, what ifs.

granted. i'd run away from any lawyer that ever says 'always', except in extreme circumstances, frankly. and always rarely means almost always. there will be many variables in anything a lawyer would advise regarding. i can imagine that carnival's lawyers are ALWAYS busy....

My guess is Carnival is still negotiating - ports, tax advantages, miscellaneous including compensation if the oil spill is still an issue, yada, yada.

i really kinda doubt that at this point. it's odd that a few ships don't have schedules past sept 2011... i really think they have their own internal corporate happenings... and frankly, would leave their options, as far as ports, taxes, etc. open for several potential circumstances. that's what i'd do... and they're a way larger corporation than mine.

Carnival is a business, they are good at it, and have patience (and lawyers).

they sure are good at it, from a business standpoint. clearly. but i really think this is a pretty poor representation of their ability - with the MAGIC, conquest, ecstasy, triumph and spirit still not having schedules post sept 2011....

they're risking bookings, planned vacations, weddings, etc. for thousands of people... plus, pissing off the rest of the loyal carnival followers :D

But the ship wouldn't sail from New Orleans to Aruba to comply with the law if it was coming back to New Orleans. It would just have to sail to Aruba if it was going from New Orleans to another US port.

On another note, I noticed that Conquest cut it's cruise before Christmas 2011 to 6 days so that it could make it's Christmas cruise 8 days so you could celebrate Christmas and New Year's on the Conquest. That will be a packed and very expensive cruise. :eek:

Ok, how about Gulfport? Galveston-Gulfport-Aruba-New Orleans?

I think what happened was I clicked the Spirit, but it didn't load the Spirit's schedules. It was probably still on the last ship I was looking on.

totally understood. and i'm trying to plan a 2011 who knows when cruise so i've been checking constantly. and particularly tonight when i heard the 'weeks' or 'month' timeline - i was po'ed so i checked for all ships (and hence the poll heheh)

again, nothing against you because i think you're very knowledgable, but i have been checking. and i don't understand why they can't figure out how to release these ships. it's ridiculous. :)

i really kinda doubt that at this point. it's odd that a few ships don't have schedules past sept 2011... i really think they have their own internal corporate happenings... and frankly, would leave their options, as far as ports, taxes, etc. open for several potential circumstances. that's what i'd do... and they're a way larger corporation than mine.

Think NFL free agency?

you know nothing - isn't that what you want us to say? ;)

anyhow, i've been following your commentary... and you've just been teasing. you know it :)

anyhow, i'm not questioning your 'sources' or info...

i'm just at this point not convinced that ANYBODY knows WTH they're doing, carnival especially...

and i'd hope that you tell whoever you know, that stringing this out for weeks or a month is ridiculous, especially after the 'mis-step' with the TA.

if not, i seriously think you should report carnival for 'nuisance threads' - i'd like to see their response to that, for their apparent corporate mismanagement :D

Strange, I go to the Port of New Orleans web site and check their December 2011 schedule and they show the Triumph sailing out of New Orleans in December 2011.

http://63.243.21.112:8082/cruisemain.htm

Then I go to the Port of Galveston web site and they show the Ecstasy and Conquest sailing out of Galveston in December 2011.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/2011_Cruise_Calendar.pdf

Does this just mean that all these ports have false information?

I think I just made a significant discovery.

Looking at the schedules for the Port of Galveston and the Port of New Orleans I have found that Carnival's dates on the Port of New Orleans web site for December 2011 do not match up with the sailing dates of Triumph but do match up with the sailing dates of Ecstasy in December 2011.

The Port of Galveston schedule for December 2011 does not match Conquest sailing dates but DOES match Magic's sailing dates for December 2011.

The Port of Galveston schedule for December 2011 does not match Ecstasy's sailing schedule for December 2011 but DOES match Triumph's schedule for December 2011.

It appears that I was wrong on some of my predictions as I consider this PROOF POSITIVE that Magic and Triumph will sail out of Galveston starting in late 2011 and Ecstasy will sail out of New Orleans. :o

I was confident that I could find out their schedules with a little research on the web and now I am sure I am right and admit I was partially wrong earlier. With a little more research I am sure I can find out their itineraries also.

Also, the Conquest SHOULD (this is not yet verified by the Port of NO web site) sail out of New Orleans on Sundays using the Julia wharf.

So relax Texas people, Magic is coming your way soon, no more speculation.

totally understood. and i'm trying to plan a 2011 who knows when cruise so i've been checking constantly. and particularly tonight when i heard the 'weeks' or 'month' timeline - i was po'ed so i checked for all ships (and hence the poll heheh)

again, nothing against you because i think you're very knowledgable, but i have been checking. and i don't understand why they can't figure out how to release these ships. it's ridiculous. :)

I know it was nothing against me, I was just posting what I thought.

Thanks for the compliment! :D You don't get much of those on these boards.

I don't understand either. I just wish they would release them!

Strange, I go to the Port of New Orleans web site and check their December 2011 schedule and they show the Triumph sailing out of New Orleans in December 2011.

http://63.243.21.112:8082/cruisemain.htm

Then I go to the Port of Galveston web site and they show the Ecstasy and Conquest sailing out of Galveston in December 2011.

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/2011_Cruise_Calendar.pdf

Does this just mean that all these ports have false information?

Port websites are not very accurate. When the Elation was sailing out of San Diego, the Port of SD's website had everything messed up about the Elation's itineraries.

I know it was nothing against me, I was just posting what I thought.

Thanks for the compliment! :D You don't get much of those on these boards.

I don't understand either. I just wish they would release them!

I understand why. It is called marketing 101.....

They have everyone so whipped into a frenzy over this when they finally release the schedule in two weeks y'all will pay anything (really over inflated prices) just to get on the ships.....

Just a thought.;);)

I understand why. It is called marketing 101.....

They have everyone so whipped into a frenzy over this when they finally release the schedule in two weeks y'all will pay anything (really over inflated prices) just to get on the ships.....

Just a thought.;);)

Not me! I still won't get on a ship out of NY 'cause of their price lines. Won't see me frothing at the mouth to get on Magic!:p

Archived