Magic is going to................

Legend

Day 8

The Waiting continues...

(CCNP)Carnival Cruise Critic members continue to await word from the Mothership in Miami on changes in debarkation ports around the World.

Carnival Cruise lines is expected to make an announcement on the location of the Carnival Dream, a new Superliner. All of Cruise Critic world is waiting in anticipation, especially since Carnival accidently revealed that the Dream would be taking a trans-Atlantc cruise with the final destination port of Galveston, Texas.

The Cruise Line refuses to acknowlege that Galveston could be the final port leading to speculation that the ship might instead be ported at another location. Speculation has included Miami, New Orleans, Baltimore, Las Angeles, Charlotte NC, Arizona, and Columbus Ohio. However, since the last three locations do not have port locations, most experts predict Galveston will actaully be the location.

In event that the Magic is located in Galveston, there is widespread speculation that other changes to come. One widely held belief is that the Conquest and the Ecstacy would be moved to New Orleans and the Triumph join the Dream in Galveston.

There is also discussion that some of these ships might be going into drydock.

Cruise Critic News Press will continue to monitor this situation, that is beginning to affect peoples traveling plans.

Cute post, but now you've added to the speculation by changing the Majic to the Dream. Has all of this made your head foggy?

I had a dream last night that I was driving a MGB around the decks of the Magic after boarding her in New Orleans. I think that I might need professional help. :eek:

Psychic Hotline says you don't need professional help but the rumor from your dream just means they're bringing back the monorail idea? That'll be $40 via paypal, thankeeverimuch.

BTW, Carnival announces earnings tomorrow. So there's an opportunity to say something about their future expectations. Or maybe not!

Cute post, but now you've added to the speculation by changing the Majic to the Dream. Has all of this made your head foggy?

I think I was pondering the post about having a DREAM about the Magic.

Is there a reason why the MAGIC homeport (couldn't be, isn't speculated to be, wasn't in John's Poll) a west coast port, i.e. Long Beach, San Diego, San Fransisco ?? Just want my curiosity satisfied.

Yes, it can't fit through the Panama Canal and it can't do the Caribbean cruises that have been announced for it from the West coast.

I just got a email from a travel agency in the DFW area and for what it's worth here's what they had to say about the subject:

Lots of exciting Galveston CRUISE NEWS to share..... from Carnival & Royal Caribbean!

The biggest news....(we can't release for another couple days until it is "official")....

BUT.....Carnival will be replacing BOTH of its ships in Galveston in fall of 2011!

The Conquest will be replaced by.........??? The Carnival Magic

and the Ecstasy will be replaced by .........???? The Carnival Triumph

Stay tuned for the announcements,

A1-IMG_0911.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

Is there a reason why the MAGIC homeport (couldn't be, isn't speculated to be, wasn't in John's Poll) a west coast port, i.e. Long Beach, San Diego, San Fransisco ?? Just want my curiosity satisfied.

First of all the Magic would have to go around South America, which is a long (about 45 days) expensive trip without much interest (do you have six weeks of vacation and $12,000 to spend?).

San Francisco is not a very practicable home port because of the PVSA.

Carnival has three ships on the West Coast. There is really no need to bring the Magic to the West Coast. Perhaps in 2014 Carnival might consider it.

First of all the Magic would have to go around South America, which is a long (about 45 days) expensive trip without much interest (do you have six weeks of vacation and $12,000 to spend?).

San Francisco is not a very practicable home port because of the PVSA.

Carnival has three ships on the West Coast. There is really no need to bring the Magic to the West Coast. Perhaps in 2014 Carnival might consider it.

Make sound sense to me. Thank You

Email me when the announcement has been made. I'm tired of checking. LOL! :rolleyes:

lol ok... I think its never going to come ...I guess the PVP who said 3 weeks wants people to quit bothering her ...PVPs are getting tired of being asked too.

The Magic is coming to Miami mark my words.Reason being to compete against NCL Epic and RCI Oasis and Allure of the seas The Carnival Breeze may go to Galveston not 100 percent sure on that.

You may ask yourself s how do I know about speculations and talks, I do my research and work in the cruise line industry which I cannot name.:D

The Magic is coming to Miami mark my words.Reason being to compete against NCL Epic and RCI Oasis and Allure of the seas The Carnival Breeze may go to Galveston not 100 percent sure on that.

You may ask yourself s how do I know about speculations and talks, I do my research and work in the cruise line industry which I cannot name.:D

NAAHH! It'll be Port Canaveral so they can tie in to the Orlando Magic!!:D:D

I don't work in the cruise industry but this makes no sense to me. There are plenty of ships in Miami and Port Everglades, why go somewhere that is already saturated? Not everyone wants to fly to Florida to take a cruise. I think people who fly to cruise will just as likely fly to Galveston or New Orleans, and many more people will drive to those ports. Carnival has a lot of homeports that people can drive to, and these people want new ships. I hope they don't take the Triumph out of NO, because I want a balcony cabin, even on a 4 or 5 day cruise.

I don't work in the cruise industry but this makes no sense to me. There are plenty of ships in Miami and Port Everglades, why go somewhere that is already saturated? Not everyone wants to fly to Florida to take a cruise. I think people who fly to cruise will just as likely fly to Galveston or New Orleans, and many more people will drive to those ports. Carnival has a lot of homeports that people can drive to, and these people want new ships. I hope they don't take the Triumph out of NO, because I want a balcony cabin, even on a 4 or 5 day cruise.

The Triumph will probably be going to Galveston and the Ecstasy going to NOLA. But the Ecstasy has had 98 balcony cabins added, so you can get a balcony without getting a suite.

Archived