Izumi reviews

Thanks for your link to the Izumi menu; I sailed Oasis last Dec. 1st (pre-inaugural) and will be sailing Allure (pre-inaugural this Dec., 2010). Never thought to get the menu on Oasis which is very extensive to say the least. A very enjoyable restaurant indeed.

Now I am confused. On the menu, there is a price listed with a dollar sign, followed by a number in parenthesis. At first I thought it meant the number of pieces but now looking closer at the descriptions, it doesn't make sense.

Then something like edamame says $0.25 for price but then says complimentary in the parenthesis. But for all other food options, the number in parenthesis is higher than the number with the dollar sign. I am now very confused?

Toras- I believe I had read your review before and wasn't originally considering going to Izumi, but then with what I thought were very good prices, was beginning to think it might be a good option to buy and store in the cabin in the fridge for a late night snack as there don't seem to be good late hour snack options available. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Izumi review.

The edamame was complimentary. DW and I had 3 sushi rolls (snow crab, champagne lobster, and crispy Philly) that were cut into 8 pieces each. We also had the wonton soup and split a dessert sampler. We thought everything tasted great and was priced reasonably ($22 + grat). This was more than enough food for the two of us. We made our reservation on Saturday for Monday. I did ask about "take out". The person I asked said they would do it, but we never went back to actually order any. There were too many other things to try on the ship.

We would highly recommend having a meal there if you like good sushi.

We loved Izumi, the sushi was fantastic, the prices reasonable. Make a reservation early, tho. We only got lucky on the next to last day, they happened to have one table open for us.

We didn't try the hot rock, but saw a couple of tables around us, and everyone looked mildly disappointed. I think it's more of a novelty. Stick with the sushi or the hot pots. My parents split a hot pot, absolutely loved it, and it was enough food for a small army. Huge.

Big kudos to the service in Izumi, too. I love sake, and look forward to it when I get sushi. The had some good sake choices, and when you order it, they keep it hot for you and come fill your sushi cup as soon as it gets a little low, so your sake is always hot. And our waiter was always on top of it, I never had my cup get empty once, and I went through two bottles. (or carafes or whatever you call the sake containers)

Would eat there at least twice if we ever go back on Oasis, that and Vintages were our favorites.

I'm looking forward to trying Izumi out.

Speaking of sushi, do they still have sushi in Windjammer at select times? When I last cruised on Mariner of the Seas, there was sushi each night at 6pm for a little while. Do they do something like that on Oasis?

• 1 month later...

The restaurant list on RC website lists it as only open for dinner - not lunch.

We also enjoyed sushi in the Windjammer on Freedom and Liberty, but I did read hear somewhere there was no sushi in the Windjammer on Oasis. Can someone please confirm?

Off subject here, but in the MDR, are there alternatives like carnival has each night? Carnival has a steak or chicken you can get if you don't like what's on the evenings menu.

Just dinner and it stays booked for the week so book early.

Gordon, I take it you can not book before you get on the ship like the specialty restaurants?:confused:

Carol:)

Off subject here, but in the MDR, are there alternatives like carnival has each night? Carnival has a steak or chicken you can get if you don't like what's on the evenings menu.

Catty, yes they have an alternative menu but there is always something on the menu that you like as there is a big selection:cool:

Carol:)

Now I am confused. On the menu, there is a price listed with a dollar sign, followed by a number in parenthesis. At first I thought it meant the number of pieces but now looking closer at the descriptions, it doesn't make sense.

Then something like edamame says $0.25 for price but then says complimentary in the parenthesis. But for all other food options, the number in parenthesis is higher than the number with the dollar sign. I am now very confused?

w.

can someone explain the parenthesis??

• 2 months later...

Can anyone confirm if they charge you to make a reservation? My son said he went on RCCL at the specialty restaurant reservation section and was going to make a reservation, but he said it looks like there is a charge of $10 pp, plus having to pay in the restaurant. Can anyone confirm this???

Can anyone confirm if they charge you to make a reservation? My son said he went on RCCL at the specialty restaurant reservation section and was going to make a reservation, but he said it looks like there is a charge of $10 pp, plus having to pay in the restaurant. Can anyone confirm this???

If there is a $10 charge at the website at the time he is reserving, that IS the charge for the meal. He won't be charged again.

• 2 months later...

Archived