Family with three children

aga

I have just visited a friend who has a new baby .She was telling me that she would like to cruise next year for the first time. She has two boys of 5 and 10 and a newborn who will all be a year older by the time she wishes to cruise. Will she have to book two adjoining cabins or , with the girl being so little , will she be allowed to book one cabin.

And which cruise line would be a good starter for such a young family.

Many thanks in advance....

She can book 1 cabin, if she wants, but I'd go for 2...one for the kids, one for the adults...ships have connecting rooms.

Any of the mass-market lines will do...they are more similar than different. I guess it really depends what she's looking for in a vacation....and that's what a cruise is...a vacation!

I would tell her that for her family, the Disney cruise line really is great. They are wonderful for young kids (and those young at heart). If she hurries, they are having a kids sail free deal right now that makes it so much cheaper!

Isn't the "kids sail free" for a limited time and only certain months?

Isn't the "kids sail free" for a limited time and only certain months?

January 23, 2011- March 20, 2011 on the Wonder Mexican Riviera cruises. Disney has cabins that sleep 5. They're the category 4 cabins. She would not have to pay for any of the kids with the kids sail free offer. Only the 2 adults would pay. It saves a ton of money.

Disney I know has cabins for 5, but that is a very pricey. Another alternative is two cabins with the DW/DH split and the kids as well. Not to say don't but once on board you can rejuggle the sleeping arrangements ;)

I have just visited a friend who has a new baby .She was telling me that she would like to cruise next year for the first time. She has two boys of 5 and 10 and a newborn who will all be a year older by the time she wishes to cruise. Will she have to book two adjoining cabins or , with the girl being so little , will she be allowed to book one cabin.

And which cruise line would be a good starter for such a young family.

Many thanks in advance....

I assume that both parents will go -- that is, 5 persons in total.

Since kids are young, they have the option of booking one big cabin or two connected cabins (the ones with inside connecting doors). As some have already pointed out, one big family cabin is not necessarily cheaper than two connected cabins.

Not all cruise ships offer these options. Also, the number of big family cabins or connected cabins on a cruise is usually limited. Therefore, they should book ASAP.

We booked with RCL and we had a family cabin. It was below the bridge. It was perfect. It had bunk beds and a couch bed along with a king. Perfect for 5. This year it was priced a few thousand above getting 2 cabins on Carnival...so we are doing carnival. They have very few cabins that are adjoining... so we did side by side. Something about limits on the number of people in the cabins that 5 didnt match. Oh well...so we have side by side. Disney was way more money then Carnival and Royal esp. with 5 in a larger cabin. I think the 4 day was even more money then the 7 day with either rc or carnival.

5 is very hard to travel with ...but it is getting easier since they are getting older.

Archived