Celebrity Life speakers now on line

cruisestitch

This is new to me -- you can who will be some of the scheduled speakers on line -- in the Celebrity Life section of X website in the Enrichment section you'll find schedules == lots of interesting Astronomy and Archeology speakers. I even found someone I know, but unfortunately I won't be on her cruise. I don't remember seeing the schedule of speakers before.

I went over to take a look, and they have a lot of information on line now which is great. It includes the fees for these activities too which is also a plus.

Maybe one of our members can fill in the gaps as to Celebrity's enrichment program. There is a guy who I seen in town all the time who used to be an astronomer for Celebrity and he knows that I cruise often on Celebrity.

He asked me today if I knew "Celebrity had eliminated its entire enrichment program and fired all of the lecturers and instructors." I didn't think this was right, but I am thinking that this kind of thing might be handled through a subcontractor and that Celebrity in bringing about their new Celebrity Life program they may have changed the Celebrity contractor and that is what this guy was perceiving as "firing" and "Eliminating".

Is any one able to fill in the gaps and help me to be able explain what really happened the next time I run into the guy?

This is new to me -- you can who will be some of the scheduled speakers on line -- in the Celebrity Life section of X website in the Enrichment section you'll find schedules == lots of interesting Astronomy and Archeology speakers. I even found someone I know, but unfortunately I won't be on her cruise. I don't remember seeing the schedule of speakers before.

Can you post a link to this info? I tried but could not find it on the X website. Thanks.

My friend who will be aboard the Equinox in October says that Celebrity has a contract now with the Smithosonian to arrange for speakers, rather than however they had done it before, thus the person who felt that his position had been eliminated was sort of right. If Smithsonian is vetting the speakers, I expect pretty high quality.

And it is very nice to see which experiences on board are complimentary and which have a charge and how much. This is great information to have ahead o a cruise, and as far as I know, has never been available before.

Wow.. there's some serious talent on there. Seth Shostak, Michelle Thaller, and Eric Chaisson are all folks I've seen and heard of before. This isn't a bad step, if they're looking to catch up to Cunard's enrichment programs.

I figured the guy I see in town had it wrong when he said "Celebrity doesn't care about their passengers, they got rid of their entire enrichment program." I think that he is not happy because with the change in contractors he got cut. It does sound like they did not do a good job of letting their former contractors know why they were making the change and why that were being let go.

It sounds to me like Celebrity is stepping up the enrichment program. I have loved some of the past lecturers, but don't always attend.

Because we live in the D.C. area, we have attended lectures at the Smithsonian. Seeing that it appears that Celebrity has in fact contracted with the Smithsonian for their lectures will be a wonderful step up in their enrichment programs. Some of the lecturers are near the top of their field. However, no one listed yet for our Equinox November 15th cruise.

This is fabulous! We thoroughly enjoyed the enrichment series on our Mercury cruise in March. I love that they are publishing what speakers will be on board. So far, the changes Celebrity has been making recently have just re-confirmed our opinion that at least for now, its the right line for us.

Wow.. there's some serious talent on there. Seth Shostak, Michelle Thaller, and Eric Chaisson are all folks I've seen and heard of before. This isn't a bad step, if they're looking to catch up to Cunard's enrichment programs.

Anyone know how to check if there is a speaker/program aboard a specific cruise?

Carole

This is very cool, although I'm disappointed to see no Smithsonian speaker on our upcoming Canal transit.

I agree! But maybe it's too early. We will need to keep checking as our cruise gets closer.

It would be great to see the schedule of special guest performers, too. I'm a fan of Jordan Bennett, Hyperion Knight, (and Perry Grant of course, be we know pretty much where he'll be and when). Would be great to know if I'll be seeing some of my favorites again.

Archived