6 days of sea on Rhapsody -- will my 4yo be bored?

hucifer

Hi all.

DH and I are taking our 4yo son (will be 4yo at time of cruising) on a Hawaiian cruise next year. We are strongly leaning toward Rhapsody because of the extra day in Hawaii. My concern is the six days at sea. We've never cruised with a little one before. My son loves daycare, which makes me think he'll like the Adventure Ocean club. But is there enough for him to do on those six days at sea?

My husband and I are really concerned about it. Our other option is to take the Radiance, which I know will be a fantastic ship for him, but it has one day less in Hawaii. We prefer Rhapsody's itinerary.

I appreciate all opinions!

The week my twins turned 4, we did a 14 day cruise that only had 4-1/2 port days. It's still our favorite cruise as far as the cruise itself because it was so fun and so relaxing to have so many days where all we had to do was play. My girls loved spending time in the kids club and enjoyed the fact that there were fewer kids, so they had the place more to themselves. It was the only cruise where we felt like we really enjoyed all the ship had to offer, and we could have stayed on longer.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

As long as he enjoys AO, he'll be fine! They keep the kids busy, and you'll be lucky if you can drag him out to have some time with him!

That's what I'm hoping!

The week my twins turned 4' date=' we did a 14 day cruise that only had 4-1/2 port days. It's still our favorite cruise as far as the cruise itself because it was so fun and so relaxing to have so many days where all we had to do was play. My girls loved spending time in the kids club and enjoyed the fact that there were fewer kids, so they had the place more to themselves. It was the only cruise where we felt like we really enjoyed all the ship had to offer, and we could have stayed on longer.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

That was exactly what I needed to read. But what is there to do on the ship if he doesn't like the AO? Rhapsody doesn't have an Adventure Beach or a mini golf. I suppose we could swim. Honestly, I'm at a loss because we've never cruised with children before and I want to be sure that ALL of us have fun.

Well, only you know your son. I have a 3 year old and I can see booking a cruise with more for him to do, only to be told he doesn't want to golf or go to Adventure Beach. If it's his first cruise I think he will be so excited about just being on the ship and having a new adventure. I can't imagine him not liking AO, but if he doesn't, there is swimming, the arcade, ice cream and just checking things out. I'd go with the itinerary you like better.

Archived