Yikes! Almost $800 to fly to our cruise!

stargate fan

Wow! That is a lot. I got my flight for two people round trip from Syracuse, NY to FLL and it's about $500. Flying out on Sunday. I booked the flight the end of february. I watched the prices for about a month before I booked. I ended up going with jetblue. First time with them, hope it goes well!! Schedule is tight, I'm not flying down the day before so If I get a delay or cancellation I may miss the boat :eek:

Southwest opened its fares today through January '11. I thought for sure they would have reasonable rates. I can't believe how much we are paying for two people to fly from the Boston area to FLL. The bright side is that we do not have to pay extra for our luggage.

But, it's a done deal. I hit the "purchase" button. All that's left is to book the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and watch the countdown clock do its thing. :D

Breathe!

Yippee!

Going on a cruise!

sillly me. I thought that he actually wanted to fly from Boston. :rolleyes:

sillly me. I thought that he actually wanted to fly from Boston. :rolleyes:

Southwest only started flying from Boston this year. They have flown from Manchester, NH and Providence, RI for years but all the ads on TV talk about how many flights they have from "the Boston area". So, anyone who lives in this general area will actually price out flights from all three airports to see if they can get a better price. The whole marketing campaign they have going on gets old, very quickly.

800 bucks from boston to florida sounds crazy:eek:

i cant wait to see what we'll pay from san francisco to florida :(

oh well , it is what it is :)

dave

I paid way less than that from San Diego. Have to check all of the Airlines. Is Southwest the only one that flys from Boston to FLL or Miami ???

If you fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday, the rates are very reasonable on Southwest. The prices jump considerably if you fly on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday (peak times). :(

800 bucks from boston to florida sounds crazy:eek:

i cant wait to see what we'll pay from san francisco to florida :(

oh well , it is what it is :)

dave

Last November I went from Reno to tampa and It cost me $230.00 pp round trip. If you study SW sometimes you can get a real good deal. If you book and the price drops you can awalys get a credit from SW for a future flight.

We always pay around $800 plus luggage fees to fly to our cruise. We just make sure to budget for it.

I can empathize totally about the high cost to fly!!

We always have to pay top dollar to fly to ANY cruise port, in fact to fly to Miami to San Juan from Vancouver we would be looking at over 1000.00 PER PERSON!! :eek:

Quite often it will cost much less to fly from Seattle so even though it's less convenient we will make the road trip to SeaTac and fly out from there.

Works out OK though, we can fly in first from Seattle for less than what economy costs from Vancouver and then we get extra luggage allowance-WIN, WIN for all! ;)

I had been following JetBlue for about a month. I found decent rates and wanted to wait until Southwest opened its schedule to compare. About two weeks ago, JetBlue's fares jumped and haven't come down since. So, I just wanted to get the air booked with Southwest.

We are flying down 11/13 and back 11/21. Maybe the rates are higher because it is close to Thanksgiving? But that does not make sense. I would think the rates would be lower before and spike in time for the holiday.

AirTran with one checked bag each would have been $100/pp less, with two checked bags each $75/pp less.

I had been following JetBlue for about a month. I found decent rates and wanted to wait until Southwest opened its schedule to compare. About two weeks ago, JetBlue's fares jumped and haven't come down since. So, I just wanted to get the air booked with Southwest.

We are flying down 11/13 and back 11/21. Maybe the rates are higher because it is close to Thanksgiving? But that does not make sense. I would think the rates would be lower before and spike in time for the holiday.

I could book those dates today for just about $700.00 from Boston and $640.00 out of Providence.

Did you check Providence costs? Sometimes it is cheaper to go out of Providence and it's not that far a drive.

Oops...Ocean Boy was on the same page. I always check all the airports near-by. I can go out of Providence, Hartford or Boston.

Archived