Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

The "new Western!" LOL. It certainly has grown considerably since we went there. We still drive through Kalamazoo once in a while when we go back to Michigan to visit family. Thanks for answering my question! Do you still live in Michigan, or are you in another state?

I still live in Michigan, but am desperate to get out! The economy is awful, and there are tens of thousands of houses that are just abandoned. It can be beautiful, but between the snow and the bad economy, I am so ready to move somewhere else. I did not grow up in Michigan, so I am not really "attached" to this, or any state.

From Oyster...our "TP experience" during a recent stay in Hotel Palomar in DC. Seems to be standard in many hotels.

bathroom-queen-deluxe-room-hotel-palomar-dc-v590381-576.jpg

Very nice, this is was I was referring to in my original post. I have not seen the cruise lines use the logo/sticker, but the fold is correct!

Very nice, this is was I was referring to in my original post. I have not seen the cruise lines use the logo/sticker, but the fold is correct!

Accordion to the picture

So now my question is to roll over the top, under the bottom, left or right

Whether it is at a hotel or a cruise ship, I believe that the reason the housekeeper folds the toilet paper into a triangle is to let the guest know that the bathroom has been attended to and that the toilet has been cleaned.

Whether it is at a hotel or a cruise ship, I believe that the reason the housekeeper folds the toilet paper into a triangle is to let the guest know that the bathroom has been attended to and that the toilet has been cleaned.

I believe you're correct, however, the tissue can be folded regardless. At least you would know that someone entered the room. ;)

Accordion to the picture

So now my question is to roll over the top, under the bottom, left or right

Hi derf....I have 2 of these exact tissue holders in my house and they roll from the left. Otherwise, I'm an "over the top" aficionado. TMI? ;)

What a nice thread! no way someone can get all grumpy and nasty (well, there's always Some way!), and we just talk about a light, nonsense subject. Makes me feel good - dont worry about the Oil off our coast (ugh), or slog though the 'why do I have to prepay tips', 'why are all of you so judgemental', 'why isn't Celebrity run excactly the way I want'. We are just talking about light things, cruising things, just fun, silly stuff.

I will confess - I don't think I've noticed but I will from now on!

Denny

What a nice thread! no way someone can get all grumpy and nasty (well, there's always Some way!), and we just talk about a light, nonsense subject. Makes me feel good - dont worry about the Oil off our coast (ugh), or slog though the 'why do I have to prepay tips', 'why are all of you so judgemental', 'why isn't Celebrity run excactly the way I want'. We are just talking about light things, cruising things, just fun, silly stuff.

I will confess - I don't think I've noticed but I will from now on!

Denny

WOW! A thread that is not too controversial on these boards??? Although, I am waiting for the over or under debate... Honestly, I could not care which way the roll goes.

I'm over the top person, and as for the folding it does not matter as long as they don't put the plastic over the toilette I'm ok with that. :D

I agree with everyone else..it is a breath of fresh air about the topic. ;)

Many, many years ago there was a very funny old man on the ship who made us laugh all the time. He showed up one night in the dining room with TP coming out the top of his pants and hanging down about a foot. Yes, he did it on purpose! We howled. I often wonder what happened to him.

Many, many years ago there was a very funny old man on the ship who made us laugh all the time. He showed up one night in the dining room with TP coming out the top of his pants and hanging down about a foot. Yes, he did it on purpose! We howled. I often wonder what happened to him.

But did he fold the end??? Now that would be funny!

Love it! :D

WOW! A thread that is not too controversial on these boards??? Although, I am waiting for the over or under debate... Honestly, I could not care which way the roll goes.

This will soon be another heated discussion on these boards LOLOL...People just have to say something about anything :-)

Yes, I do fold my TP at home. Makes it easier for the DH to grab and not unroll the whole thing because he could find the edge **** LOL

Have a very happy day!!!! :-) :-)

The crew removes the TP when there's only a bit left and brings it down to the crew quarters where they have a special machine that is very costly, inititally, but in the long run saves money, because they can put the unused TP in this machine and re-roll it onto empty cardboard rolls, and voila! new toilet tissue!

Back in the day, I remember the cabin stewards used to fold the toilet paper into cute little triangles when they would service the cabin. I noticed on my last cruise with RCCL, they did not do this anymore. I wondered if this has completely gone away, like many other small services that make you feel special, or did I just have a cabin steward who did not take the time to do it?

Since DH and I are switching to Celebrity after our B2B, I wondered if the little service touches that made cruising so special are available on Celebrity (seeing as RCCL has just about given up on everything, no chocolates, no towel animals, etc.)

It is not that these things will make or break a cruise, but they often make it that much more enjoyable.

You might want to call them direct and find out. I mean, if the TP isn't folded into cute little animal shapes, you might want to select a different cruise line.

The crew removes the TP when there's only a bit left and brings it down to the crew quarters where they have a special machine that is very costly, inititally, but in the long run saves money, because they can put the unused TP in this machine and re-roll it onto empty cardboard rolls, and voila! new toilet tissue!

You've seen this machine too....:eek:

Archived