Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

Back in the day, I remember the cabin stewards used to fold the toilet paper into cute little triangles when they would service the cabin. I noticed on my last cruise with RCCL, they did not do this anymore. I wondered if this has completely gone away, like many other small services that make you feel special, or did I just have a cabin steward who did not take the time to do it?

Since DH and I are switching to Celebrity after our B2B, I wondered if the little service touches that made cruising so special are available on Celebrity (seeing as RCCL has just about given up on everything, no chocolates, no towel animals, etc.)

It is not that these things will make or break a cruise, but they often make it that much more enjoyable.

Back in the day, I remember the cabin stewards used to fold the toilet paper into cute little triangles when they would service the cabin. I noticed on my last cruise with RCCL, they did not do this anymore. I wondered if this has completely gone away, like many other small services that make you feel special, or did I just have a cabin steward who did not take the time to do it?

Since DH and I are switching to Celebrity after our B2B, I wondered if the little service touches that made cruising so special are available on Celebrity (seeing as RCCL has just about given up on everything, no chocolates, no towel animals, etc.)

It is not that these things will make or break a cruise, but they often make it that much more enjoyable.

Folding the toilet paper? Been sailing with X since 2003 and don't

ever remember that.......its on the roll, in the bathroom;):)

Folding the toilet paper? Been sailing with X since 2003 and don't

ever remember that.......its on the roll, in the bathroom;):)

They would leave it on the roll, and just fold the last square into a triangle... It was always fun to come into the cabin and see it folded. When we would return from a cruise, I would fold the toilet paper like that and DH would always get a kick out of it!

Yep I think it would be a deal breaker if the roll was put on upside down.;)

Just kidding. IMHO it would not matter if it was folded or not. If anything you would wonder if someones hands would be clean after cleaning everything up everything. You know I've never thought of this aspect before. Thanks for bringing it up. :D

And if you want to mess with the steward a little, each morning before you leave your cabin, fold the paper.:D He/she will start wondering if you need something more than chocolates at night.:p

Art

hey, our last cabin attendant on x made paper animals from toilet paper. :rolleyes:

Here is a picture of one!

origami-cool-animal-03.jpg

i wouldn't have bothered listening to the president about the oil spill if i had known there were important issues on this board. ;)

lol!!!!

They would leave it on the roll, and just fold the last square into a triangle... It was always fun to come into the cabin and see it folded. When we would return from a cruise, I would fold the toilet paper like that and DH would always get a kick out of it!

Looks like lots of folks on here have seen it so I guess some cabin

attendants do what you are asking about. Maybe yours will too.:)

That has been standard on every Celebrity cruise we have gone on! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

BTW, being from Michigan myself, are you a Denver Broncos fan or a WMU Broncos fan... graduated from there eons ago...

Y

Just kidding. IMHO it would not matter if it was folded or not. If anything you would wonder if someones hands would be clean after cleaning everything up everything. You know I've never thought of this aspect before. Thanks for bringing it up. :D

Because the toilet paper is sure going to a clean place! :D

That has been standard on every Celebrity cruise we have gone on! Hope you enjoy your cruise.

BTW, being from Michigan myself, are you a Denver Broncos fan or a WMU Broncos fan... graduated from there eons ago...

Hey Susie, when did you graduate from WMU? My husband also graduated from there but I have a feeling it was before you by a few years. I graduated from CMU in 1970 and received my graduate degree from MSU in 79. I also wondered when Bronco started his first thread if he was for Denver or Western.

Cheers,

JoAnne

So why do they discriminate against poor Lois when they fold the toilet paper for all the rest of us? icon9.gif

Also, whenever we got near the end of a roll, they would change out the roll and put in a full one. We never learned what they did with the old, leftover partial roll.

Is it toilet paper or toilet tissue

Hey Derf, our grocery stores sell neither toilet paper nor toilet tissue. They have "bathroom tissue" only.

Is the t word prohibited? It was not on George Carlin's list.

BOTH! I have my Master's from WMU, but LOVE the Denver Broncos.

Hey Derf, our grocery stores sell neither toilet paper nor toilet tissue. They have "bathroom tissue" only.

Is the t word prohibited? It was not on George Carlin's list.

So the big question how do they install Bathroom Tissue. Over the top or bottom (bottom (chuckle))

The Toilet Paper Roll Poll

from

http://www.probabilityof.com/toilet.shtml

Hey Susie, when did you graduate from WMU? My husband also graduated from there but I have a feeling it was before you by a few years. I graduated from CMU in 1970 and received my graduate degree from MSU in 79. I also wondered when Bronco started his first thread if he was for Denver or Western.

Cheers,

JoAnne

First of all, I am a woman! :)

I have my Master's from WMU, but I am only 25, so I have experienced the "new Western". LOL I created the screen name because of my love of the Denver Broncos, but it worked out when I went to WMU as well.

Cheers,

JoAnne

I graduated from WMU in 1977... so did my husband. My Master's is from Oakland University in Rochester... way back in 1981. We moved to the Chicago area 18 years ago, and I love living here, but I still miss Michigan in a lot of ways.

BOTH! I have my Master's from WMU, but LOVE the Denver Broncos.
First of all, I am a woman! :)

I have my Master's from WMU, but I am only 25, so I have experienced the "new Western". LOL I created the screen name because of my love of the Denver Broncos, but it worked out when I went to WMU as well.

The "new Western!" LOL. It certainly has grown considerably since we went there. We still drive through Kalamazoo once in a while when we go back to Michigan to visit family. Thanks for answering my question! Do you still live in Michigan, or are you in another state?

Archived