Fave Princess ship & why?

Sunshine101

We love the small Princess ships (Ocean, Pacific and Royal). With only about 670 passengers, you get to know the other passengers and crew. They go on longer cruise to parts of the world few get to visit.

I have sailed on the Grand Class, Island, and Sun Class ships and I loved the Island Princess. Not as big as the grand class ships, but has most of the same amenities. Layout was very nice, never had a problem getting a deck chair. Pool areas are nice, one open and one that is covered so there is always options. Island has a sister, the Coral, both are the same layout. Island is going to be getting MUTS later this year. I am not a fan of the mega type ships (e.g. Oasis of the Seas), but that is just my preference. Grand class is big enough for me.

Tim

Wow, this is easy for me being 4th in line. I agree with both paul929207 and tmitchall82 for all the same reasons. The Royal for the beauty of the ship itself, size and where she gets to port, and the Coral for its medium size (1900 passenger), layout and amenities.

You’ll like Princess… especially these classes of ships.

We love the small Princess ships (Ocean, Pacific and Royal). With only about 670 passengers, you get to know the other passengers and crew. They go on longer cruise to parts of the world few get to visit.

The small ships are our preference as well for the same reasons.

The Emerald, Diamond, & Ruby are just about as big as I want to go. May sail a Celebriity "S" calss but not for at least a couple of years. Haven't been on the Coral/Island or the smaller ships. The idea of a smaller ship that vists ports not accessible to bigger ships does intrigue me though.....:):):)

Bob

Count me as a fan of the Coral for all the reasons given earlier. It and the Island have most of the advantages of the bigger ships but never seem crowded. Next in order of preference would be the Sapphire and Diamond.

My thoughts exactly! :)

Count me as a fan of the Coral for all the reasons given earlier. It and the Island have most of the advantages of the bigger ships but never seem crowded. Next in order of preference would be the Sapphire and Diamond.

I really don't like the Sapphire and Diamond for the alternate dining seating. I hate those "Cheesecake Factory" type tables where a table for two is less than six inches away from another table for two. But they do have really nice gyms and internet cafes, the best by far.

My favorite would have to be the Golden -- she has the International Cafe and does my favorite itinerary (LA to Hawaii and back).

I love the Sapphire mainly because of the anytime dining. I like the smaller dining rooms instead of the cavernous ones on other ships. For some reason I have always had a great time ton her. Wish she had more varieties in destinations

I have sailed on the Grand Class, Island, and Sun Class ships and I loved the Island Princess. Not as big as the grand class ships, but has most of the same amenities. Layout was very nice, never had a problem getting a deck chair. Pool areas are nice, one open and one that is covered so there is always options. Island has a sister, the Coral, both are the same layout. Island is going to be getting MUTS later this year. I am not a fan of the mega type ships (e.g. Oasis of the Seas), but that is just my preference. Grand class is big enough for me.

Tim

My favorite so far too!! Also been on the Pacific Princess - was very nice, but I like a little more "stuff". With MUTS and IC, the Island would be absolutely perfect!!! (Don't you just LOVE the library?! Those loungers are to die for!) :D

We have sailed on RCCL, NCL and Holland American but our favorite is Princess as evidenced by our 17 cuirses with the line.

Our favorite ship?? The Crown, Emerald and Ruby are identical and our favorites. We sailed the Emerald in the Med, The Crown in the British Isles and the Baltic. The Crown was our favorite until the Ruby (a twin sister) came along... and she is now our favorite... not because of any difference in ship, quality, crew, etc..(all tho Captain Tony Yeomans is the greatest)...all were outstanding. We now have a strong attachment to the Ruby as our daughter was married on her in Jan '09...a fantastic week in which Princess exceeded our every expectation. We've been on her 3 times so far.

And, they all have our favorite steakhouse, the Crown Grill...

But we are sailing on the Emerald again in August...

If someone would be kind enough to fund trips on all of the ships in the fleet, I'd be happy to provide my opinion.

As it is, my favorite Princess ship was the Sea Princess. Loved the ship, the size and......oh yeah, the pizzeria.

Waimea's Mom -- the tables for two are the same (e.g., about 6 inches apart) on CB, Star, and Golden Princess; I assumed they are this way fleetwide. Have you had a different experience?

I loved our first cruise on the Sea - it wasn't so big and of course I did not have anything to compare it to. Our last cruise was this year on the Ruby and I also loved the ship. Although it is very big we had an aft cabin and could easily get to the pool. All the other cruises on Princess were good, but these two were the best!

I've only been on 4 Princess ships Dawn, Diamond, Island and Sea. We liked the Island But, there was something about the Sea that for lack of a better description just felt comfortable. She's my favorite so far.

When I want to have all the amenities of a big ship and the intimate feel of a small ship, with plenty of space, I love the Coral and Island. These are great ships and really fulfill all my needs.

I also love the smaller ones, I have been on the Tahitian and Pacific and they are beautiful and cozy with such an opportunity to get to know the people on the ships. That's the thing about those ships, they are always filled with wonderful characters , and stories, and lots of heart!

I usually cruise with RCCL due to their loyalty balcony discount, but have enjoyed ALL of my Princess cruises. I think my favorite was the Sapphire, loved the small different restaurants for the anytime dining. The Island Princess also was fabulous, both were 16 day cruises, so felt right at home by the end.

The Tahitian Princess was small and fun and enjoyed it very much.

I've done the Sun Princess twice and it was my least favorite, due to it's layout. Seems I was always waiting for an elevator that couldn't access the deck I wanted. :rolleyes:

I love the Sapphire mainly because of the anytime dining. I like the smaller dining rooms instead of the cavernous ones on other ships. For some reason I have always had a great time on her. Wish she had more varieties in destinations

What Princess ships do not offer anytime dining? My understanding is you can eat any time on any ship because it is a company policy. Am I wrong about this?

The reason you always had a great time on Sapphire is the kind of ship she is. If a ship has everything you want, obviously you are going to have a lot of fun on it!

What Princess ships do not offer anytime dining? My understanding is you can eat any time on any ship because it is a company policy. Am I wrong about this?

The reason you always had a great time on Sapphire is the kind of ship she is. If a ship has everything you want, obviously you are going to have a lot of fun on it!

The three little girls (Royal, Ocean, Pacific) don't have Anytime Dining as they only have one main dining room.

As much as we have enjoyed the Coral, the Diamond and Sapphire remain our faves...for the 5 dining rooms, wider halls, 4 elevators going down to the MDR and restrooms right out side the MDR, spacious public areas that don't get congested, people movement around the ship is better...yes they are big but they don't feel big.:)

My favorite is the Grand because that was the ship we took on our most favorite cruise on. No wait... it is the Star because that was our first cruise ship. No wait ... it was the Crown because it had one of those International Cafes. No wait .. it was the Coral because it was just a cool ship and it sailed through the Panama Canal. I liked the Diamond generally but I did not like the 4 anytime Dining room's .

Archived